levellermember
8 posts

Posted:
Hi!Ok, i decided to get some poi just a few days ago! I know nothing, and i just cant do it! Anyone know someone willing to teach me in the UK (brighton area)!!! I just don't think i can do this without help...but i really really want to!thankslevellermy main problem seems to be swinging in each in a different direction...just how do you do that!!!!sorry i must sound stupid!!

Leveller

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello Leveller and welcome to the board smileIf you do a search in the "meet others" section of this board you'll find all the people you want in England. I think our lovely Fire Princess is in Brighton too so maybe you can contact her ?In general these kind of threads are to be posted in the "events and gatherings" section of the discussion board so it might be moved soon into taht section by one of the moderators.Also, if you want to learn , don't forget to check the poi lesson section here cause it is great . it will also help you be more familiar with the terms we use to describe moves.you can also always check the "poi moves" section and do a litle search.Last but not least, people here are warm and always happy to help.Again welcome and enjoy yourselfhappy spinningshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Brighton is chock full of people spinning poi. I'm surprised you can get out of the front door without falling over them....

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Forest for the trees?As the sun comes out wander down the beach (generally more likely between the peir and marina) and you'll probably see spinners. Walk up and say hello! Poi people tend to be lovely and friendly, except for us lot on Home of Poi. We're nasty blighters here! wink

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Especially me. I'm a miserable sod. Who doesn't want to share his skills with anyone.

Meh

levellermember
8 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone! I'll take a wander round! I'm sure you're a nice bunch!

I just have to be patient with myself i think!

Thanks again

Leveller

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah cantus is the god of poi, he speaketh to whom speaketh of insanities!
Dom he's just an ignorant southern fairy!

PK
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

[ 05 April 2002, 07:42: Message edited by: vain-ego pk ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nice name Leveller. Is it because you live on the Levels or because you are a fan of Mr Chadwick and the boys?

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
damn! he noticed! I knew I should of drunk more bitter!

levellermember
8 posts

Posted:
The name...sadly a nickname from a very bad (interesting) night/early morning when jenga was defeating me! i couldn't touch the damn thing without it collapsing!

But i do indeed live by the Level...and i am a fan of the boys....then theres all the equality among the people stuff.....

Leveller

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Does that make a northerner then Dom?

Meh