Forums > Social Chat > When is it time to give up?

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Not about poi, has nothing to do with poi.rather that great big scary world that comes to find me when i set down my balls and walk away. *warning long read*Under the circumstances of my moving this year, I had to leave behind my horses ( I had three, it's a long story.) One in particular I have known since he was a baby, i wasn't allowed to work with him until he was a year old, but then I bought him and he's always been very special to me. He almost died but luckily a very good surgeon, and some luck, saved him. He is four now, and I miss him a lot and have been saving money so I can pay to transport him to where I am going to school next year and pay board. The truth is though, I can't even really afford to go to school as it is, and it's going to be even harder to have chey (prounounced shy) to look after. I was not/am not allowed to bring him out here, at least not till after high school, and if i'm leaving again it doesn't make much sense. I have a bit of money right now, but horses are exceedingly expensive. I miss chey a lot, but I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I can afford to keep him, but I don't want to just give him up.... he is like my child, and it bothers me that i even left him. I didn't want to, and nothing short of fear for my own life with the knowledge that chey would live would have let me go. But here I am, and there he is, and I'm looking for some advice on what to do..... Kyrian

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
wish I could suggest something. When I moved back to my parents house a few years ago they wouldn't let me keep Ri (pronounced ree) and waylander, my rats. I had to let them free in the local woods. I just pray that on a dark night a horde of rats comes storming out of those woods leaving a trail of rattyness in their wake.... hehehe. But its a sad lament you have to tell, and I wish I could help you on it.------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral'ride the spiral to the end, It may just go where no-ones been'

Arson86SILVER Member
once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places...
20 posts

Posted:
i am so sorry to hear this i have had to give my precious pooch abbey away during a move and it broke my hear to peices. my sis owns fancy rats and i dont know how they would do in the wild... as for a horse all i can say is there will be time for another later on... just make sure it goes to a nice ranch where it will be treated well. right now i am al over the place and have lost or had stolen or had to give away almst all my personal posssions ad i will wait untill ifeel very secure in life b4 i ever get another pet because i cant bear to go through that loss again and i feel for the animal more than e.... i am truly sorry for you

ashes ashes all fall down...
...Sat Nam