gypsyfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
My boyfriend just made me a pair of super neat fire fans...i'm just kind of clueless as to how to use them. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts? Any info would be great...I can't find anything about them anywhere!!! confused

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Chris Morant has the most amazing, exquisitely manufactured medium sized folding fire fans ever..
do you bellydance or do a spot of african dancing? poi movements with the fans locked/flowing dance movements with the fans open were the best application i is ever seen of fans.
throws are painful.

swords have been a more masculine toy, with performances varying from anachronistic sparring to asian martial arts routines. Again, start with a base of poi movements and add flourises that could only be done with your toy - such as vertical stalling.
There are some real insane fire swords out there - but even a blunt bit of exposed metal and cut and burn like something crazy, so don't even consider firedancing wif em until you can consistently perform with them without hitting yourself smile

"Usul no longer needs a weirding module!"
-random Fedaykin biggrin

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

gypsyfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks! I do bellydancing. I am excited to use my fire fans. I also thought that maybe I could look up some burlesque fan moves that don't involve bodily contact (and minus the stripping) to involve in my performance....thanks for replying!!!!

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
Quote:

"Usul no longer needs a weirding module!"
-random Fedaykin biggrin

HAHAHAHAH NIIIIIIIIICE!!!!! lol
dune...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha eek ubbloco spank
wait....i thought they were called fremin..... umm

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bender for the link! That Chris Morant is amazing!! I loved the Picturs he had on the site! Do you know if he makes his own cloths as well as tools?

Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
firespirit, lemme just say that chris morant makes practically everyfink you see in his shows, with spares, and is the * best* doubles staffer i have ever seen in this lifetime smile

Dark poet, Fedaykin are the loyal guards of Paul, themselves Fremen, they were later implicated in a plot to assasinate the Dune Messaih himself, shortly before he was blinded by a Stoneburner.

Tell me about your homeworld, Usul.
-Sean Young

gypsyfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
I just hope I don't kill myself when I light up for the first time using the fans. ubbloco

firespiralmember
21 posts

Posted:
Quote:

swords have been a more masculine toy

rolleyes

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvee my fire swords. Yes, I'm female - and some of my male friends lurrrrrrrrrrve hula-hooping ...

it's 2004 !!! I think we can move on ....

(no offence, bender) smile

Art is neither a profession, nor a hobby.
Art is a way of life.

6,978 posts

Posted:
ima sorry i didn't reply earlier, i am slow.
i understand your position, mate.
me's never did say that swords are excluded from girls ubbcrying

definitely very humbly sorry if i sounded like a patriachal b'astard smile ps i'm terrible at hula hoops - i wish i could hulka like rainbowmichelle... smile

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooo!!

I just went to my 1st kenjutsu class tonite!!! AND he teaches wudan too!!! Yippeeeee!!!

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."