Forums > Social Chat > Spinners in Jacksonville?

Login/Join to Participate

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
In a couple of months I'll be moving to Jacksonville, North Carolina. I did a search of the database and there's nobody listed that spins there. Maybe there is someone out there who is not in the database??

I thought it'd be nice to find someone with a common interest since I'll be new to the area and won't have many friends immediately.

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, i don't know where jacksonville is, but i have a lot of circus freak friends in ashevile, and they are some great people! and... i'm fairly certain they would know of spinners all over the place, as well as belly dancers, swordfighters, magicians, and general creators of counterculture mayhem biggrin
if you are interested, i'll see if i can hunt down some of them for you...
nice website, by the way ubblove
[ahem rolleyes]

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Sorry for having to move to Jax, NC! That city is not the best place in the world for parties and/or fire related activities. There are a group of poi addicts in Raleigh, NC and a lot of them in Asheville as mentioned above (I hear they throw some great Psytrance parties). I'm guessing your move to Jax is military-related as that's pretty much all there is to that town.

There used to be a really cool annual get together just up the road from Jax called OceanSpray (held on the beaches of Cape Hatteras). The parks and rec people pulled some nasty stuff a few years back and it's died out lately but there are a few more outdoor parties thrown here and there that have poiers attend. weavesmiley

Good luck out there and if you ever plan a trip to Raleigh and/or Asheville, drop me a line. I live in Charlotte but rarely ever stay there for parties as they are mostly lame and filled with banker-types. beerchug

Fear the evil monkey!

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
Thanks!! I would love some help locating some people to spin with.

Oh...thanks for the compliment on the website. wink

I recently made a really lame video of me spinning but the file type isn't supported by geocities. rolleyes *sigh*

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*