alexpchinmember
31 posts

Posted:
I've searched the site but i havent found any instructions on how to do a burnoff?

Cheers!

HoP Rocks!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
firstly you have to make sure you don't mind your floor getting slippy, cause a lot of excess comes off...

dip your staff

don't shake off

wait til its burning well...

holding the staff horizontal between your palms, roll it between them and let go(throwing up very slightly)...

the biggest burnoffs come when
a: the staff doesn't go very high(i prefer below head height)
b: the staff spins faster..

burnoffs with clubs are fun too, but a bit more difficult to catch... again its all about getting the wicks to spin, and stay in relatively the same place....

enjoy, and be safe when you're doing it.... (have someone there when you're first trying this....)

smile
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
and if you value your eyelashes then make sure that the wind is blowing away from you smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
if u start throwing the staff higher as u burnoff beware falling drops of kero landing in ur eyes

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Offerring a little more advice to Bluecats description, roll the staff as hard and fast as you can, the faster the spin, the bigger the burnoff.

Also, I've found my burnoffs can get larger with a slow throw into the air, rather than keeping it level, but it requires a heavy staff that can keep it's momentum and continue to spin.

The goal is to slowly lob it into the air so the staff travells upwards with the plume of fire and continues feeding it. My friends have debated whether the initial explosion is bigger, but the mushroom clouds and smoke rings are often much larger...

Another tip is to make sure your fuel has all it's aromatics mixed in. IE if your fuel has some space above it in it's container, some of it will be a gas floating above the liquid.

Shake the container really hard, or for larger amounts of fuel, roll the container a round a bit to mix the aromatics back into the liquid...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
only do thease under a low ceiling in a place packed full of peaple if its new year and its raining outside, nice noise tho....

???T? ubbloco

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
eek

bad tom! spank

don't blame it on the weatherman... ubbloco

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
And try not to wear your underware on the outside, it makes your pants fell tight, and you just plain look silly... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
WARNING!!! but if you wear your underwear on the inside, it gets twisted passing through the lower intestine and you could get internal bleeding!!! wink

I always have, and always will, wear my underwear on the outside, where they are supposed to go...

Now lets get back to burnoffs shall we?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ahhh ya funny funny man biggrin biggrin

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.