Forums > Social Chat > A game of another sort...

Login/Join to Participate

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Before I introduce this topic I must urge everyone to know thier local fire laws, "Know your local fire laws people I urge you!". Right, now I can introduce the topic:How many of you have been stopped by a person of authority whilst practicing your art? Hands up people, come on don't be shy. Good I see a fair few hands up. See mine is up too. Now I propose I turn this into a game with no winner or loser but a score tally. Rules of the game1. I cannot be held responsible for your actions, you partake in this game knowing the risks and prepared to face the consequences.2. DO NOT BREAK THE LAW!!!!3. DO NOT BREAK THE LAW!!!!4. DO NOT LOOK FOR TROUBLE!!!!5. DO NOT LOOK FOR TROUBLE!!!!6. Be honest no lying or cheating (calling authorities to stop you springs to mind, not that you'ld want to stop your own fun).7. This is not retrospective. Game starts on the 21/2/02.8. Type your score and how you got it in the reply, edit to keep up to date.9. Points as follows:Security Guard 2pts. Security Guard with dog 4pts. Cop/Fireman 8pts.Cop with dog 12pts.Cop car 25pts. +8pts. per copFire engine small 50pts. +8pts. per firemanFire enginr medium 75pts. +8pts. per firemanFire engine large 100pts. +8pts. per firemanPolice chopper 500pts.(Doesn't have to land but must have search light on near where your are performing. Double points if they talk to you. Triple points if it lands.) Please enjoy this game and remember the rules, especially the first five (5). Dear Moderators, Please if you intend on shutting down this thread please note that I have tried to be as responsible as possible in posting this topic. Thinking out each individual rule and word I have typed. I will not be held responsible for anybody breaking the law and have specified so. This game is harmless fun when all rules are followed. ------------------A wise man once said to me, "Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe!" and in a way, I guess he was right.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sucks for me though, I can't play. I have yet to be stopped. I went to my authorities before I started even practicing, so they know and like me! *Sigh* Left out again. wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
One of the first times I ever used fire was out on my driveway near the road. Couple cops pulled up in their car and asked me to stop (or move out to the backyard). So that is 25+8+8 = 41pts.But you said it's not retrospective. So I get 0 frown

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Maybe this should be like golf. Lowest score wins.No offense, but if you're getting stopped by the authorities you're doing something wrong. I mean we have photos of Pele spinning on the roof of a fire truck. I didn't get a pic of the sherrif but he was pointing at telling others to look. It was a great time.I hope what comes out of this is a method to get each of you that want to spin fire to be able to do so when you want. Learn how to speak with the authorities before-hand and get the proper permissions. Pele's neighbors had phone in hand when she started spinning one day in her back yard. She called out to them and told them to speak with the local fire marshall and to say hi for her.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
did we have to be spinning fire?? grin grin"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Not sure about other countries, but if a firetruck gets called out because of the actions of an individual, they get fined $750 for each truck that turns up.This is for anyone who is doing something dangerous.stupid or a place they do not have permission for.This also includes false alarms at businesses and homes...So every 50-10 points you earn over here will cost you best part of a grand...I'm staying out of this game.PS..Phuzzie, how exactly do we monitor this? Or do people just write up what they've done and we have to believe them?PPS PWB is perfectly right, it should be theother way round, -100 points for a large firetruck, -8 points per fireman. Person with the highest score (0) wins! so hopefulyl, all of us will win...------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
what ive found is it all seems to depend on the indevidual cop because there doesn't seem to be any hard and fast laws its more down to opinion and interpritation of the law...one time i was practicing in the road out side my house and a cop pulled up in a car (33pts.) and after talking about it for a while and me explaining that the guy standing there with the wet towel and the bucket of water was there to put me out he said cool and drove off, another time i was stoped by some police again practicing outside my house (2 cops in a car 41pts) who said that it was a fire risk and that i had to stop.for the game...i have also been stoped by a cop on foot and told to stop +833 + 41 + 8 = 82ps. does it count if they dont stop you? if not i only get 49

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
I think I can play this game as of this morning (though feel free to tell me if I'm cheeting a little)Picture this - 8am, busy road through town, everyone trying to get their car to a carpark to be one of the lucky ones to park in one of the limited public spaces that we have available for workers. Hippy bear driving fairly reliable VW camper home, and what happens??It breaks down!in the middle lane, at the top of an underpass/dip/tunnel type thing.tow truck called, relevent people informed.So there I am, nice sunny morning, waiting for the tow truck felling a bit silly, and there at the side of the road is this nice big patch of grass.So I did what any sensible person would do at that time, I got out my purple and yellow practice poi and started some gentle spinning.people were smiling at me rather than getting agro because my bus was broken and it made me feel less of a fool.So what happens? along come some of our local constabluary(sp?) 5 in fact, 3 in a car (49points???) and 2 in a van (41points {unles you get more points for a van than you do for a car?})Actualy they were all pretty nice about it, were there more for the fact that my car was blocking the road, but the questions!!! oh my,Especialy once the spotted all the fire kit in the back of the van.But I try and be as sensible as I can with my kit, and although they were a bit dissaproving they let me carry on practicing till the tow truck turned up.it even made them smile a little smilebig love n light

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Can I clarify with the firetruck, they actually showed up because my friend explained things wrong, so we had a full size pumper truck, the captain, the chief, the sergent, and two other guys show up for just me. I "hugged" three of them while doing poi, and they asked me to get on top of the truck. It was really cool. The sherriff was actually there to watch the bar for underage drinking, but he ended up watching me! grinI don't think I get any points for that though!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

M@TTmember
34 posts

Posted:
I'm with Pele. The Fire Prevention Bureau has become an ally. However I would get a grand total of:2 cop cars + 2 cops + 1 medium engine + 5 firemen + 1 fireman who asked me why the hell I would want to spin fire.50+16+75+40+8 = 189!!!2/27/02Apparently I had some neighbors call the cops Saturday night. I was at a friend's house in his backyard. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know at least 1 car and officer showed up.189+25+8 = 222!!!This game is easy. I'm winning so far!!! grin------------------ -M@TTKeep the fire burning.[This message has been edited by M@TT (edited 28 February 2002).]

-M@TTKeep the fire burning.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
do you get any points for stealing a cop car? And if you do, do you get more points for the cop cars in europe that go.."naner naner"than the traditional american ones that go"wooooooo woooooooo"???"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i`ve had a chopper smileits searchlight made such a beautiful cascade of lilting shuttered octaved light thru` the leaves and branches - at an 'aura orange' party in the wolverhampton area in 1999`ish... awww soo cutesy wootsy - shame they couldn`t land `cos of the tree`s smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Superman: In Australia stealin a cop car is illeagal I'm pretty sure that it is in the U.S. and in Europe and that is against the rules of the game.Orange: When I saw a chopper the Friday before I set up this post is what sparked the game.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
toady i was spinning in the highstreet in my town (first time i have ever spun in public smile) and a cop went by watched for a while a left.bebhinn post on fire verginity got me thinking, the reason they dont stop you must be that they assume u have permission. if there are any laws on it it will be a general safty type law and not somthing that they will know.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.