Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
I have a question, what was the COL2 video edited with? It looked great and everything sounded great, but I keep on hearing about editing time. I'm a very pro mac person and one of the reasons is iMovie (ithink iwill bsick). It is a very easy to use program that takes away most of the editing time and all of the effects and what not that was used for the COL2 video can be done (with many more, also add still shots of perhaps, moderators??). Anyway, my point is, if it's not done on a Mac, then editing time and time for everything else will take much longer. Just some helpful advice.Deanage------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
Ah hah! All of that time going over the tape in the vcr can be done on the mac (of course, need a tape deck that is hooked up to a changer that changes the analog to digial format. So really you would just need the changer)Also you could just edit the movie yourself and do all the things they do (and add your own style to it, effects and what not) and then if you did mess up, then the fix is only a few clicks away, then you can automatically add the music into it and time it up with the other parts. Then, then! you can export it, either to another tape if you had the right deck or put it on some other format (raw film with full screen would be huge, so lots and lots of space would be needed). After exporting the movie, then you can just send it to the company and they can duplicate or put on a tape themselves and then duplicate, that way you can just do all of the things yourself, not have to be as paranoid about the timing and such, make it look even better, and probably not have to pay as much for what it costs to send it to the company wich compiles it and such. Although you would have to pay for the mac, the converter, and whatever else you would need, might not cost effective for the next one or two, but if you plan on making more and more of these (and hopefully you will) then it might just add up. Plus, then you would have a wonderful mac to use, and wouldn't that just be wonderful.Deanage

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Yay! w00t for Malcolm!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always