Forums > Introductions > Free cake and tea, and everyone welcome!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Well, as my original intro was lost, I guess I get the chance to redo my room!!! Feel free to come on in, just PLEASE take your shoes off at the door! Thank you. smile

Well here's me (again)... biggrin

*NAME- Amanda

*SEX- female

*AGE- 23

*LOCATION- Hmmm... a tricky one! Currently in Durham. I spend my summers in France (miles from civilization), and spring and autumn in Wales (do sheep count as civilization? If so, then a thriving community!) ubblol

*FAV. TOYS- at the moment my fire poi, but also my juggling balls, diabolo, my new staff, guitar, mountain bike, and of course my beloved kayak!...too many more to mention!

*TWIRLING SINCE- learned bits of stuff since 2000, but only really got into it this year. I was on crutches for 3wks, after dislocating my knee (ow!), so I spent all the time learning new poi stuff (every cloud has a silver lining eh?).

*OCCUPATION- Outdoor Activity Instructor/ river guide

*HOBBIES- naturally my poi and stuff, but also do lots of kayaking, canoeing, climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, and bits of other sports.

*FAV. PLACE- Specific favourite one is sat on the edge of the cliff, overlooking the gorge where I work in France, with nothing around for miles apart from the wild boar, and watching either the sunset in the distance, or one of the impressive lightning storms we have.

I also love anywhere where I can sit on a mountain or beside a river, hearing nothing but the noises of nature. A BIG reminder of the beauty of it all... ubblove

Anyway, thats pretty much me in a nutshell! Feel free to come and chill in my room- its a great place for relaxing and being at one with nature! (and who said i was a hippie?! peace ). On the plus side, tea and cakes are supplied for free!!! And if i'm feeling generous i may even let Narr in with her weird marmite/chocolate spread mix! euch!

Catch you all soon, wave

Mand.

smile

------------------

It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Welcome mand... enjoy the.... wait did you say cake... biggrin, I like you... free cake... my two fav. words... wave

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
'ello my darling! wave how are you? your new place looks mighty lovely. don't worry, i took my fetish heels off at the door biggrin you know me, i'm all about no shoes!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
Wow...! eek

*looks around Mand's luscious abode with wide eyes*

Quite a nice place you have here. biggrin
Thanks for the tea! I brought some yummy fairy treats for us all to share...

*hands Mand a picnic basket full of goodies*

Lovely to meet you. wave

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
oooh i get to come in..i feel so privaliged!!:p
now where is the marmite and nutella biggrin

*with mouth full*

yoo kno i really shod come an..guk..sorry went down the wrong tube!... where was i ..oh .. can i come stay with you sometime i'd love to have a go at all your hobbie biggrin mucho fun biggrin

*hands mand a slice of toast*

want some ??? biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hello.

I like cake..

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
free cake yaey
many many hugs for the bearer of such good news
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
greatings earthling amanda! wave

not sure I got onto your original thread, so thanks for the second chance!

Hmmm... my old college student habits are getting to me by making me check out what's going on with the free food. You really would think I'd have gotten over that by now.... umm

Well, anyway, what kind of cake was there? Any left? biggrin

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Wow, glad you could all come and visit already... biggrin, and yep the free cake is here to stay! eek biggrin (all hail the cake!!!)
The fairy cakes were indeed very lovely- thank you. ubblove
Narr, feel free to come and stay when you want! Hit the snow switch, grab my board and go for your life! Just make sure you don't get snow in my cake or tea! If you can fix the white water switch, feel free to go and do a bit of kayaking too!
Later all. wave
xxx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
white water switch? you have a white water switch?!? I've always wanted a white water switch! who installed it? do they do wave machine switches too? I must get one of those for my thread.

-v-

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
there's switches? how'd i miss that? i love playing with levers, gadgets, buttons, switches, pullies....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Gidg bounces in on her pogo stick. Stops (still bouncing) and looks at the line of neatly placed shoes and frowns at Mand

Does that mean pogo sticks too? Gidg looks at Mand sadly

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
awwww, mand don't make gidg leave her pogo stick at the door. i'd hate to see her all sad!!!

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Aw Gidg, course you can bring your pogo stick in here! As long as i can have a go! biggrin I installed a 'flat land' switch, specially for you! Now go bounce...

Vanize, i installed the switch myself (big proud grins biggrin) Its good, but occasionally malfunctions and lets out HUGE waves (yippeee! biggrin). I'll be straight over to your thread to install a wave machine for ya. But what do i get in return?! ubbangel

Pounce, yep i have lots of swiches & levers & stuff here... we have
the 'white water switch' for kayaking,
the 'snow switch' for boarding,
the 'mud switch' for mountain biking,
the 'flatland switch' for Gidg's pogo stick
the 'sun switch' for kicking back and sunbathing
and the 'darkness with no wind switch' for bringing out the fire toys!

Pretty impressive eh? Go ahead and play all you want Thats everyone, not just Pounce. BUT be careful not to hit all the switches at once, or if you do then spread them out a bit, or things can get REALLY messy!!! eek

Have fun, and see you all back here soon for more cake! wave
Laters potaters.
xxx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**flick***
**flick**
**flick**
**flick**

**having fun flicking the switches**

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hehehehehe... you can flick my switches any day sweetie! eek spank
Ooops, just got off your thread...need to change frame of mind! ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

that was a good one

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hey, i am good honey eek... oh god, i've really got to stop coming off your thread (quite litterally?! He he- only joking! ubblol) and going back to mine!
Maybe i should start stopping by Narr's room on the way, and relaxing in the jacuzzi first.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Oh, goodie! I get to play with my pogo stick. I have a house warming present for you Mand Gidg bounces over to Mand and hands her a Lemon Pudding Cake This is the best stuff ever!

Later Gidg, noticing that everyone is gone, bounces over to the switch panel, pulls out some labels, puts one above each switch and gives an evil grin.

- First we want the flatland, so that we have even coverage. flips flatland switch
- Second we add a little mud flips mud switch
- And then the white water to mix it all up flips whitewater switch so it isn’t so thick
- Now we need some sun flips sun switch to get the mixture hard
- Some raspberry jelly from my trusty super soaker 1million liberally covering the crusted mud with a good two inches of jelly.
- Some snow flips snow switch to give the room a good snow base and everything gets frozen.
- Turn off the lights flips darkness switch and we wait to see what happens. biggrin

hug hug wave wave

Gidg just hopes that these new folks have a good imagination and can carry on with the story line. Where’s Charles and Madd when you need them!

Gidg

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hey Gidg,
WOAH, holy f**k!!! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PLAY WITH THE SWITCHES!!! (well not them ones anyway! hehehe ubbangel)
You could have killed someone! I'll have to confiscate your pogo stick!
Wow, actually...this is kinda cool. Kind of ice skating on frozen jelly! Cool, i like! I shall make a new switch for it and call it the Gidg switch!
Now, anyone up for ice hockey! biggrin
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to makr the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
**giggles** you really are spicing up your thread there, perhaps some rest in narr's thread would tame it down a bit wink ubblol

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
comes running in, slips on the ice, and lands on her bum

what the?

licks her fingers

is that.....raspberry?

looks around confused

suddenly dawns on her that she left gidg here alone

looks sternly at gidg

have you been playing again?

**sigh**

oh well, i'm sure i can get someone to lick this jam off me in my thread wink

wanders off, her feet sticking to the ground with every step

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hehe, good plan Pounce.
We could never get away with having 2 rooms like yours!
Gonna go for a jacuzzi and visit Narr in a bit... fancy joining in this ice hockey match first? biggrin
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
as soon as i get licked, er i mean, cleaned up, i will most certainly join you for some ice hockey. i don't think i'm much good tho!

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Well Pounce, lets get you cleaned up first then...
Hmmm, might be best done in your room! ubblol ubblol
It used to seem to me that my life ran on too fast, and i had to take it slowly just to make the good parts last. But when you're born to run its so hard to just slow down

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
biggrin

**giggles**

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
OK, i'm laying down some REALLY imprtant rules here... eek
Right, i'm going away till wed night- going to joe's party, and then to see some mates (and hopefully find some fine laydees!). biggrin
I want NO messing of switches when i'm away!!! and that's serious! Pounce- i'm putting you in charge! confused (is that a good idea?!)
If i come back to find i have strawberry jam all over my snowboard kickers, marmite in the mud on the mtb trails, or crocodiles in my sunbathing area, i will hold you personally responsible!!!
If i find out who it is, i will have to drag them kicking and screaming over to Pounce's thread and give them a GOOD TELLING OFF!!!
Please look after my room for me... biggrin
Thanks Pounce... kiss hug

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Gidg looks at Mand and then gives Pounce an evil grin

hug hug wave wave

Gidg

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hello I was asked to come and play in here... just wondering if there is a helium bottle in here? I have many a pretty balloon to blow up... and a few funny voices to make... ubbloco

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh no, you mean i gotta be responsible??

looks over at Gidg

uh oh

**giggles**

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Vanize, i installed the switch myself (big proud grins ) Its good, but occasionally malfunctions and lets out HUGE waves (yippeee! ). I'll be straight over to your thread to install a wave machine for ya. But what do i get in return?!

Holy macaroni! I step out to cook one thanksgiving meal and I come back to find my whole thread redecorated with huge, beautiful breakers!!! eek

Cewl!

so then, what is it that Mand might like in return? I have to admit that I don't realy know her tastes too well yet, despite her guessing mine pretty accurately. Suggestions anyone?

Also, with the addition of the wave machine and inclusive beach in my room, I will soon be installing a beach bar, inspired by one I had the pleasure of spending several days around/in on the ivory coast (west africa) last Xmas. Thus, I am going to need one or two cabana boys to keep the ladies happy while I am out playing in the surf. Anyone up for filling this demanding, but very rewarding position? If so, I am accepting aplications at my thread - just list why you think you would be good person for the job. I am an equal opportunity employer, so despite the "boy" inclusive in the job description, females capable of making women happy and content on the beach is also welcome to apply.

-v-

Page: ...