Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
i have recently had the chance to try shadow poi. it is simply the best my fire poi have been formly retired. and it can help those with limited combo 'dancing poi' ability find some rhythm and flow. maybe you should do this in the privacey of your own room for starters.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Not to sound like a dumb-ass, but I've never heard of Shadow poi before. You for real with this or is this one of those mis-understood jokes that goes awry? (In which case if it is I'm going to look dumber than I do now rolleyes but oh well)I would love to know more about this. Please explain.N8.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'll bite. Shadow poi?

Meh

Belgarathmember
51 posts

Posted:
If Shadow Poi is anything like shadow boxing are you doing poi without the poi?Just funky dancing realy!!------------------The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*imagines something like a shadow box for dancing except with a bigger version of streamers*------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And so it begins....

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I tried shadow poi once but found them far too light. Does anyone know a way to add weight to them? I suppose I could just use larger shadows but then they tend to get to close to the body when doing BTB stuff.Any ideas?------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I use dark matter shadow poi which can be absolutely tiny and still have sufficient weight!------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cant find mine.....too dark in here.N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
nix they'll be in the last place you look. So think of the last place you'd think they could be and look there first.I've been playing with shadow ball contact a bit recently, its groovy, focusing on the movenent and body position and controlling the ball.

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
but if he looks there first it will be the first place and not the last. so they could not possibly be there[This message has been edited by FirePoi-boy (edited 06 December 2001).]

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
okay, I got all enthused about shadow poi (I even learned tosses, dammit!) and trained hard, but when I performed it in front of an audience, they just didn't GET it. So now I'm broke and I spent all my money on shadow chains and that friggin' expensive Invisible Kevlar(tm).Doesn't anyone appreciate ART anymore?-He Who Plays With Himselfp.s. good one, Jangla! smile[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06 December 2001).]

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
Needs to be repeated, what are Shadow Poi?Gheu------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I did shadow staff the other night. But I think that is different to poi.You use staffs for a start!

Meh

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
anyone ever try sparkly shadow poi?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Just had a brain-wave.How about - Fire Shadow Poi!Take your shadow, attatch it to a chain and wrap it in kevlar wick! Then douse in a flammable liquid and set light to it!! I Know - I'm brilliant

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was thinking more along the lines of special....

Meh

134 posts

Posted:
in that Olympic way... ? wink

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
oh hello Rick. I was expecting an american.....Yes, special in that olympic way.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 12 December 2001).]

Meh

134 posts

Posted:
Gheu: Shadow Poi are more than a tool or art, they're a state of mind. Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of men? The Shadow Poi knows... I s'pose I might as well say it out loud (as it were), this is a joke thread. (or IS IT?! tune in next week as we discover Durbs's secret identity, who informs us that... ONE OF THE MODERATORS IS GOING TO PERISH!!!)If you want to start your own joke thread, try something like this. Observe...*ahem*Soooo... Can anyone tell me how to make SPARKLY POI?

-Rick aka Loki

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
RickI regret to inform you that Durbs is real. If you check the very first post in mug shots thread you can see his picture..... But I suspect that this thread is indeed is a joke. Hence my post half way down saying "and so it begins".But then I knew it was from the start. The originator of the subject is a repeat offender. Just play along, It's usually the best way.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 12 December 2001).]

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I've never been 100% convinced I'm real if that helps....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
I had a shadow staff.. but my moron friend thought having a glow stick strapped on it would look cool... It broke.. now its a glow staff.. what a putz.------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

134 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I've seen that picture of "Durbs" on the mug shots page. Doesn't fool me.Now that every eight year old in the world and the ceramic gnomes on their lawn have their own web page, you can get "personal pics" from anywhere. That picture of Durbs happens to match exactly the "personal photo" of one Rory Diggler of Dayton Heights, OH, (Website:www.geocities.com/nerdherd/unlikely_stories/heycoolI'vegotmyownwebsite/nowmaybeI'llmeetchicks/ifonlywebbrowsersrecognizedspacesasvalidpunctuation// )So what of it, mister "Durbs"? I'm onto you and your commie bullshit.-Rick "The price of stupidity is eternal vigilence" Gladwin

-Rick aka Loki

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
That's a lengthy address that Diggler fellow has..... If i didn't know better I'd say it had a hidden message in it.

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I think there is something wrong with my computer. I tried that address, but got an error from yahoo saying we couldn't find your page.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It most likely just needs cleaning. Find a handy entry point (I suggest the disk drive) and squirt washing-up liquid in. That should stop any unnecessary computer problems in future.

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I asked my mum if I existed and she said "Probably"... This could be taken as a bad sign.------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ROFL @ C@ntus

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti