Forums > Help! > london: buying wings and uv paint

Login/Join to Participate

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
just asking all knowledgable londonites:

i want a really nice pair of new wings. taking into account money. if anyone knows wheres a good place for buying them let me know...

also uv paint. not the hair or face type you see all over camden, but material paint that is coloured but also uv: spray or brush

please help as this faery feels all lost with broken wings

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Camden.
Don't know specific shops but I know I've seen stuff around there. Think there's a shop near Cyberdog that sells wings. As to paint, somebody told me they'd bought it in Camden, but I haven't been looking yet. Apparently it's not cheap.

Let me know if you find the UV fabric paint as I need some for my flags. Ta!

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
For UV Fabric paints, good places to try are Art and Craft equipment shops/suppliers. You should find them listed in the Business phone books.

Not sure about the wings tho' - have only really noticed them for sale at Festivals.

anniesparks

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Idea: Why not make your own pair of wings?

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Great idea, Dom.

Most wings I've seen are made out of a pair of tights and some wire. Shouldn't be too hard to bodgy something up.

Just did a bit of ringing round and Brady & Middleton have a UV paint which can be painted onto fabric but which isn't designed to be laundered. ie, it's OK for banners and stuff, but not clothing!

They didn't know who might do stuff that can be laundered... sorry.

Oh, phone:020 7836 3289, addy: 68 Drury Lane.

Hope this helps....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
OoOoHhhhh yes I know where you can get some absolutely beautiful faery wings!!! Check out this web page:

www.fairylove.com (C@ntas, how do you make it clickable again?)

I wanted to buy some new wings too, as mine are all battered about from many a magickal faery adventures! ...but they're over in the UK at the moment I think.... oh somewhere.... but I think they post them wherever!

As for UV fabric paint... You can buy just acrilic fluro paints (anything fluro will glow in UV) and then mix it with a fabric paint solution... you can buy that from craft shops.... Or they might just have fluro fabric paint (which would be alot easier than my sugestion )

[ 15 June 2002, 10:07: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
well i got a pair of wings that aren't beautifully decorated, (strange lightning gold glitter zigzags) but i know more than 1 person who wants to get their hands on them for painting...

thanks so much for the tel number... i'll have to see what i can do

oh you guys are great
tehehe... *have just worn my wings for a class and its been very very funny*

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
oh wow. web pagefairylove is wicked...

(i just used the URL thingy at the bottom...)

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I used to make my own wings but then too many people kept stealing them. Looking at that website now has made me said as I could have made lots of other people happy with my fairy wings, but someone got there first.... No, I'm going to order myself a new pair. Some of them are beautiful!
Can't wait till I get married, I'm going to have the biggest fairy gathering ever - and you are all invited!!!
Mwa!
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
I adore that site! It's made my afternoon... thanks!

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
oh looking forward to your wedding dibbs