Page: ...
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!!
Non-Https Image Link
you rock !!!!please make sure you come to Paris to visit some time this year (we do have Eurostar now, and Eurolines too, it is a piece of cake... or pudding !!!)Anyway, AUspoiboy is gonna make fun of me again for being so excited about food... truth is I am even more excited to know we have such great people on the HOP ...shine on, Princess!Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Where's my jam Princess? grinM
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Could probably send you some vegemite if you want.Yum I have it every morning on toast with lots of butter. I missed it when Josh and I were in the USA grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
Kate, is vegemite close to what the Brits call Marmite (this pseudo edible poison) ? if so... thanks but no thanks ... nearly killed me once, can't risk it again winkShine onCassandra

693 posts

Posted:
yes it is the same a marmitebut its even saltier...yummmmmI love vegemiteI'm a happy little vegemite as bright as bright can be....and I forget the rest of the tune grinmmmm vegemite smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

4,224 posts

Posted:
OMG, people still eat this ????
Non-Https Image Link
still think you are cool, Kate, but a bit worried about you ! winkshine oncass

693 posts

Posted:
You would be surprised at how many Australians eat Vegemite. grinHey its made from beer extract, its beer. Only a different form. Of course Australians love eating it, its a relative of beer.Mmmmm beeeeeerrrrrrr wink------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
As an avid lover of all that is Jam, I must protest at mentioning vegemite or marmite on the same page.My own highly scientific experimental research has confirmed the two brown glue-like products to be the devils sputum and all human mastication of them should be stopped poste haste!...er...I mentioned themon the same page too didn't I? bugger.------------------We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

693 posts

Posted:
You have to remember that Beer is also mentioned.So it must be a good thread.Hang on, let me add Ice-Cream to that too.ICE-CREAM grin ------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Marmite is as essential to life as air and water. In fact, it must have been present in the primordial soup for life ever to have begun! Why else would simple replicating RNA strands evolve into multicellular organisms if not for the prospect of consuming the, no doubt abundant, marmite deposits?Of course, they wouldn't have had any toast yet, but they probably made do with the primordial croutons.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Kat, Vegimete
Non-Https Image Link
Thanks, but no thanks grinMy old favourite (when I ate red-meat) was Ham & Jam butties....mmmmmmmmmmmmmbut in the world of jam: lemon curd rules!M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada[This message has been edited by Marlboro (edited 25 October 2001).]

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
mmmmm marmiteand vvvvvvvvvvvv vegimiteare both delicious and nutritious.. i guess being a kiwi its in my blood too!i practically grew up on the stuff...and like they say you either love it or hate it.

stay smilin

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
AirEarthFireWaterToast and Marmite'nuff saidmikeyB

4,224 posts

Posted:
note to self : buy tons of decent food in France before leaving for this trip around the world next year... they are all crazy !!!!!!::looks arround suspiciously:: marlboro, jangla... we are surrounded. It is not the circles of light, but the "circles of Marmite".. they are out there, the "Marmite eaters"... Shine onCassandraFire Princess... this thread has suffered a terrible "off topic attack". It is the Marmite war... But I still think you are great and still gratefull !!!! Please don't tell me you are one of..."them"...[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 25 October 2001).]

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
While we're on the subject of food (Note: Vegemite and Marmite are not classed as Food!!Evil stuff) I had the best smoothie ever the other day --- Banana, Avacado & Hemp seeds. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm -- anyone got any other top combos?M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

4,224 posts

Posted:
Fried camembert cheese with raspberry vinegar....mmmmmmi'm hungry now !!! AGAIN !!anybody knows the japanese commercial"hungry ? cup noodles !" shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 25 October 2001).]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I can't do marmite or promite - but I love Vegemite! Very high in Vitamin B.It is actually quite nice as a Vegemite & honey sandwich.Katinca:"We're happy little vegemitesAs bright as bright can be.We all enjoy our vegemiteFor breakfast lunch and tea.Our mummy's say were growing strongerEvery single weekBecause we love our vegemite.We all adore our vegemite.It puts a rose in every cheek"(and that is from memory!)Cassandra, don't know the "cup noodles" ad - but we did have a "f-f-f-FAN-TASTIC NNNOODLES" which I love - it's funny when you hear it!------------------Well my thinking is this: if it's empty, fill it with cream

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Vegemite is one of the worlds richest known sources of vitamin B. It's also very healthy in a lot of other ways.Most aussies eat vegemite, especially when they are kids. Therefore...Most aussies grow up healthy.This combined with good weather is why we win so many sports for such a small population.It's vegemite, I tell you. It helps you twirl too. grinCassandra, if you come to Aus, you can stay with me if you come to Perth, and I won't make you eat vegemite, just fresh local cheese and Margaret River wines. This offer is open to everyone as per the new Homestay thing on Meet Others page

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

4,224 posts

Posted:
Audax... If my parents had fed me with rat teeth or monkey vomit because it is healthy, then I probably would love it now... just as I love frogs and snails... it is all in the "growing up with it" thing ...And for Marmite, it is indeed too late for me !!!!!But i'd love to visit Perth if eating marmite is not a "sine qua none" condition !!! smileshine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 25 October 2001).]

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Marmite sucks, vegimite rocks.im so jealous of ozzies cause they have the best smoothies in the world and the best ice cream too - and vegimite (and sun, blue seas)and the best ryme on the back of a cerial packet. its australian as....

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Right......considering i haven't got my jam of a weird and wonderful flavour i will have to say, princess what is going on.....i know you like cass better than me but hey i am a nice a guy and all.No i forgive you ...after all i do live about another thirty hours away by plane so hey there has to be some leeway.As for you cass, jam is good, love your jam, and send me a photo on the web of you eating your jam, that would be cool.spoondoctor@start.com.auAs for vegemite.....or this marmite crap that you guys are giving free advertising too smileVegemite is the very best thing you can have on toast for breakfast, nothing compares to the extraordinary wonder that is veg on toast.And apart from that....cass i think you are soooooo coooooollll.cheersAPB[This message has been edited by Auspoiboy (edited 25 October 2001).]

Good on usGood on us all

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
This thread seems to be completely taken over with Aussies and Brits! tongue Alright :musters strength and courage: How about a shout out to all the peeps from the Dirty South!!! What's up with APPLE BUTTER?Rock on, South Cackilackey! :emits rebel yell: ... :and then promptly regrets it!: rolleyes wink

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Europeans talking about spreads makes me want nutella... But all I got is bootleg American nutella which has an ad that informs me that Nutella is Kobe's choice... Cuz I'm sure that Kobe Bryant has Nutella every day before a game. Is there anyone else in the planet that actually knows who Kobe is and still has tried Nutella? Because those are two very distinct groups in my mind. Of course, since I doubt there are people that both are Lakers fans and eat obscure Europian hazelnut spreads no one is really enjoying the irony but me.[Insert Dennis Miller reference here.]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Marmite is the food of the gods!!!!!!! (as I'm so delusional that i think I'm a god and I eat marmite, this makes perfect sense to me).Vegemite will do if there is no "food of the gods available" but that taste isn't as strong and it has a funny acidic aftertaste.I like marmite so much, I can eat it with a spoon at parties...My flatmates prefer it if I don't have marmite toast in front of them, coz i tend to have it at least 1cm thick on the toast, and it tastes so good all i can do is smile for ages. Pity it makes my smile look terrible...A friend of mine once told me that marmite "looks like sh*t and tastes like gravel". Admittedly I've never tasted gravel before but he could be right, which means i like the taste of gravel.MARMITE grin! MARMITE! grin MARMITE! grin MARMITE! grinYUM YUM YUM------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 25 October 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm vegemite toast yummmmmm

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
mmmm... Vegemite with butter on crumpets! Sure beats the average toast in the morning.nexus_sun

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ARGH!!!I *CHOSE* to not have vegemite on toast this morning ARGH!!! I'm gonna have to ride home at lunch smileVegemite rocks the world.When you come over Cass, we wont force you to eat it (but no insults to the big 'V' ok?) - bTW - I love Camembert on toast...but rasberry vinegar? I'll have to try that sometime.hehe - the day Kate and I discovered the extra bigass jars of vegemite on special for $5 (not $9!!) was a good day.Josh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
mmmm nutella, had that for the first time in germany i think, as for Kobe, i saw him the other night at a pre-season game with the suns. it was fun to watch even if my nose was bleeding for the first half. but then i found second row seats and got to see the laker girls, mmmmmmm laker girls...

anyone got a light?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Word and Word. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
My old chemistry teacher once told me that you should only buy the small jars of vegemite as they taste better. She said something about the taste diminishing in the larger jars of vegemite. Dunno if it's true, but it scarred me for life, so now I only buy small jars - not going to take any chances wink

4,224 posts

Posted:
I just feel so very lonely today... among al these scary vegemite / marmite eaters.NYC, Pozee, my friends, I am a *huge* Nutella fan, and anyone who does not know Nutella can come and visit me to give it a try. And now, I feel I need to explain why I have this huge marmite trauma::lays down on couch and gets erady to share tough experience in the open for the first time::One day I was in England staying with "locals" ( wink ) and I wake up, still sleepy and grab this nice bread and nutella, spread nutella with moderation (you know me, I surely am a woman of moderation !!!) on the toast and bite into it with extreme pleasure until I realize those psychopath had actually replaced it with Marmite...I know I should not share such intimate stories about me like that, but I am sure you all understand me better now that you have all the keys to my personnality winkwhatever... I hate marmite anyway !!!Josh, Camembert with raspberry vinegar : Miam Miam !!!! why don't you two visit france this summer (our summer) I 'll cook some decent food to help you get over the de-vegetemitazation...APB, compliments ? woooo ! thanks !!!! But dude, you are a vegemite eater, our friendship is doomed... winkShine onCassandra

Page: ...