Forums > Social Chat > I need some advice on glowsticking

Login/Join to Participate

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
I know that there is no certain way that glowsticking should be done. I just want to learn some basic moves. The only thing that I know how to do is the figure 8. I am not really sure that I am even doing that right. So please if you have any basic moves, or you know a website that does please write back, thanks...little one smile

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
have you tried the Poi-lessons part of this website yet?

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
I looked at the poi-lesson part of this website but there is nothing there that answers my question. poi looks phat but for right now i wanna learn some basic moves with the glowsticks in my hand, not on strings. i know that this website is for poi and other stiff like that... i am starting to feel out of place smile thanks for writing back though. i guess i'll just continue to "feel" the music and dance around with my glowsticks lolpeace smile

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
If you do the hand motions for the windmill witht he sticks in your hand you get a wierd sorta cirlce thing going round yer noggin.

We are defined by the choices we make

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
hey thanks i never thought about doing some poi moves while holding the glowsticks. duh lol that makes perfect sense. i just started messing with glowsticks and damn i love dancing with them. i have never been clubing but now that i just turned 18 i will be going to one real soon. that is after my boyfriend gets out of jail for a stupid violation of probation which will be around january. untill then i have plenty of time to figure out some moves. smile if you know any good clubs around maryland (in the philly, baltimore area) please do tell. this september i was going to go to a crystal method concert. but when the day came around i was totally broke and decided not to go. man i am still kicking myself in the ass for missing that concert. i regret not going. i should have went even if i was broke. this past summer i did go to a lot of "hippy" concerts. at this one show there was this guy infront of me glowsticking. he would do some moves followed by taking his arms and doing a half circle so that his arms were together, strait infront of him with his hands turned downward. then he pulled his arms strait back, flipped his hands upward and pushed his arms back out strait. it is hard to explain, hopefully you know what i am talking about lol. the guy also pretended to juggle a ball then swallow it. it all looked phat. someone told me to hold my hands together leaving about an inch between them. to start leave my left hand still while moving my right hand upward just enough to curl my finger tips over my left hand, then while bring my right hand back down move my left hand upward curling my finger tips over my right hand and just keep on repeating as pratice. thanks for the advice on the poi idealittle one

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Sounds to me like your trying to do a little bit of liquid. Try to just move your hads/body in one continous wave and have the glowstix follow eachother almost like a chase. Also: go to www.shaddupanddance.com and take some of those moves, incorporate the glowies and see waht happens. That what a lot of people do. Hope that helps. Post any other questions.Matty

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
thanks for that website smile do you know any more sites about liquid that might help? i was trying to find a site that was like this one but for liquid, no luck of course. computer decided to act dumb. do you have any idea if the videos that sites sell are any good?i don't want to sound to much like a "wanna be" lol i just don't want to go to a club and look like an ass.thanks again for writing backlittle one smile

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
All you need to do to not look like a "wana be" is to practice lots and when you go out, flow. Dance like you know what you are doing. Loose yourself in the music and let the rest come naturaly.If you ever do decide to come over to the dark side (because we don't let you go), the helicopter moves in liquid greatly help you to get started. I came from liquid myself and have seen others do it and having some of the hand and wrist movements allready down realy helps.ps. you can not resist us. Join the dark side and BURN! ------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
dont hit yourself in the face..it hurts. grin"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

GLOWSTRINGININJAmember
13 posts

Posted:
for all the freehand glowstickers, glowsticking.com will be up within a week or two, it will have vids, as well as instructional part, little one,if you want some phat freehand glowsticking vids hit me up on aol or aim, my name is ecko3132, ill be more than happy to hook you up, i could also help explain some moves and stuff, well hit me up if you want, peace------------------ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?

ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
thanks for the advice. both of you smile the more and more i visit sites about liquid, the more i want to learn. where can i find the helicopter moves??are the videos that sites sell worth the money??and where can i find some good liquid sites?thanks for the advice once again, the more advice i get the better smilelittle one

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
glowstringininja - that would be really awesome if you would help me learn. when that site comes up i will definitely email you. thanks,little one

GLOWSTRINGININJAmember
13 posts

Posted:
you can get ahold of me now, i got really good vids, i send em to everyone, just hit me up man, peace------------------ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?

ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
glowstringininga - check your emaileveryone - does anyone know any good liquid sites????

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
One of my friends is a dedicated Liquid dancer (tought me most of what I know) and asks me the same questions. There dosen't seem to be any good liquid sites in operation right now but should you happen to find one could you either post it or send it to my email (Jaeden@Canada.com)?------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
www.shaddupanddance.comtheres a couple of liquid vids up. There alright, but a guy that frequents the messageboard there runs this ftp with all of these dancing vids. There are these guys who call themselves the "Liquid pop collective", supposedly some of the best liquid dancers in North America. There are like 20 vids of them that im downloading right now. If you want the username and password to the ftp, just email me. The guy who runs the ftp wants to keep it low key.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
that is a sweet site... very cool moves there.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
I forgotThe best site you could go to is www.reflective.netFu Man Chu will have a answer to any of your popping/liquid problemsPeace Matty

Ignitusmember
1 post

Posted:
Weeelpz, I'm into yo-yoing... a lot, but there's a video on one of my favorite yo-yoing sites that is a great liquid dancing vid. The URL is www.projectphalanx.com it's under creations. The liquid dancing is done by Geoff Kwan I believe. -Ignitus

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone for the sites, i am going to check them out after i get off here.jaeden - if i find some cool site i will definitely post a message or email you.phunky - after i look at the site again, (if my computer acts right) i'll most likly email you - thanksone more question smile where did everyone here learn what they know???little one

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ok little one, sounds like you have a lot on your mind. Doing liquid is something that requires alot of practice, advice, and a tremendous desire. Turn on some music get flowing and try to express yourself through your body manipulations. It really helps if you try it in a mirror. This allows you not only to feel the move, but to interperete it.This gives you the advantage of seeing what other people will see, so if something does'nt look in place you can alter it to your likeing. Confidence is the best fuel for liquid, if you do somthing with complete confidence, I don't care what it is"everyone will feel the energy". Liquid is the place you escape to when your mind and body connect so that your in a zone just flowing.Find your MO-Jo, and everything will come naturally. Peace

little_onemember
18 posts

Posted:
i definitely have the desire. remembering other people doing liquid reminds me how awesome it looks looks. i have been fucked up rolling at concerts with glowsticks in my hands, dancing, "feeling the music" and i am determined to get real good at liquid. i live in the middle of nowhere. my town is filled with a bunch losers that will probably never leave. born, raisied, buried. hardly anyone at any age has the motivation to get out of the town or see a concert, go to a club. the town is a trap lol smile me, and my boyfriend are one of the "few" that leave that town to do shit. it sucks cause i don't know anyone that knows about dancing in any kind of way with glowstick. i bought six glowsticks to practice with the other day. (glowsticks are a bitch to find here and they are expensive when you do find some.) some time soon i'm giong to break two out and see where i'm at. smileis liquid something that you can with bacis moves?or is it all about rolling and being "altered"?...it's probably a little bit of both right? smilethanks a lot for the advice, i really appreciate it. if you have anymore i want hear it smilelittle one