Forums > Social Chat > A little bit off subject

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Well I know this has nothing to do with poi or spinning. But I needed some advise and who better then my fellow poiers. There is this girl and I totally dig her, but I have no confidence in myself. She loves my twirling too.Hopefully you guys can shed some lightMatty

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Hi matty, coming from a females point of view I think I can give you a little bit of advice.You like a girl but you arent confident enough to tell her. In your situation and what I tell all my guy friends when they come to me with this situation,become her friend,if you arent already, not too much of a friend because then she will use that as an excuse. But if you get the guts to tell a girl that you are interested in her and she doesnt respond then she isnt the one for you.Be around mutual friends. Thats how my guy got me. He said he had a crush on me for a while but he was too afraid to see what I would say, He told one of my friends that he liked me and that friend told me and we have been together for a year now. Turned out I had a crush on him and I didnt want to say anything because I thought he was taken.You'll never know unless you tell her.If she digs your spinning, invite her somewhere you can spin and tell her there.I can go on forever about this subject but i better not.hope this helps and good luck my poi spinning friend.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Its not easy being green....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
WAHHHH! I hate when you type a message and then the system crashes and you have to retype it! Here goes...1) What age group are we talking here? If we're talking highschoolish, then you don't have quite so many resources to work with so it's tougher but still managable.2) Honesty is the most important thing in any relationship that is worthwhile. Be honest with yourself about the person you are, be honest with her when the time is right. Being a friend never hurt either!3) Confidence is important in ANY relationship. First, you need to be honest about who you are. You've got to be a pretty cool person to be poiing in the first place. Are ya funny, nice, polite, respectful, honest? See, I'm sure you got a few of those things to put on your resume. No need to be cocky, but if you don't believe you have admirable qualities, no one else will either!4) Have fun with it. As I get older, I'm beginning to realize that you've only got a set number of crushes, first kisses, first loves, real loves out there... Enjoy this one, and smile no matter how it goes.5) Be safe! (Sorry, I'm a role model, had to throw that one in there!!!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
My first reaction when I read "be safe" was "What, are they supposed to have a towel-person on hand...?" {g}.Anyhow, KL, just ask her out for a cup of coffee (or whatever you kids are drinking these days). Don't psych yourself out. Don't build it up too much in your own mind. If she says yes, enjoy it but don't push it. If she says no, shrug and move on. Maybe things will change in the future, but you can't make them change. In the meantime, assume that she knows what she wants, and it's just as well. Don't let your image of her get in the way of who she really is.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I always have AT LEAST one experienced towel person and a bucket handy. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
When I'm with a girl, I always keep my fire extinguisher nearby. You just never know.Nomad

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Don't listen to any of them Kosmic. Go out there and say, "HEY YOU, I WANT TO NAIL YOU" If she drops her pants it was meant to be, if she slaps you, slap her back, Then kick her down some stairs. Good luck, I hope you're around some stairs when you tell her."Myst"

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
MYST...quit trying to make sposal abusers...lol...dude..just tell the girl how u feel...and not in a gentle way..not "hey i wanna nail u" n try to teach her poi by standing in back of her and moving her arms for u...it should help break the ice..i remember i did that...it helped out smile

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
at myst
Non-Https Image Link
hahaha------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
It's true. WuGaRoO stole my heart that night. I was trying a butterfly and he came up behind me, grazing me with his soft gentle breeze. He breathed ever so faintly on my neck as he delicatly touched my hands stroking them in his soft grip. "Up and down" he said quietly in my ear, "the key is to keep a rythem". Ever since that beautiful star filled night, He's been on my mind and In my bed. SO go for it Kosmic, go make that guys day, woops, I mean, girls day. "Myst"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
OMG Myst, you are gonna get me fired! I'm trying really hard not to fall off my chair smileAnd dude - I've been exactly where you were. I used to have a fear of failure with girls (still do in some ways - but a little bit is healthy) and so I never got one but then I changed my attitude, and didnt have so much trouble. The difference for me was (AFAIK) my attitude towards myself.Girls can smell fear. Go up to her, let her smell the back of your hand, and you'll be friends forever (hmmm...am I geting my relationships mixed ) smileGood luck. (and if she digs your twirling - I'd say youre in baby - unless you do something to offend her).Josh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
confidence my man. look, if she does reject you, but who can reject someone who does poi, i am sure she is not going to say something like"fuck no, never in a million years" women are not heartless, as the general male consensus may think. no no they will let you down nicely unless your a complete ass which i doubt. so what have you got to lose? and what have you got to gain? the pros outweigh the cons right?

anyone got a light?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
In my honest opinion, I'd go for it. I haven't had a problem with girls since I was 15. Ever since then I have had a girl by my side, with the shortest period without one being only 2 weeks, and I'm 19 now. I hate to be alone and girls don't like to see me alone, so it works out."Myst"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Myst, you crack me up. If there was a Myst poster I'd hang it on my wall. I want to be you when I grow up. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
this is the Myst parafanalia hotline, would you like to purchase our new full size wall hanging of the glowstick king today?okay sir that is 2 Myst body towels and 1 myst shower cap, is ther anything else i can help you with?thank you for shopping with Myst enterprises and have a good day sir.Hey kosmic, let us know how it turns out buddy, if she says no let me talk to her huh.

anyone got a light?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Myst action figure with "whirlin' glowstick" attack. Collect them all.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
all ive got to say is... "lol"....

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
There are two different things here :seduction is a game in a way : there is teasing, smiling, a fair bit of acting. love on the other hand is about respect, honesty and truth IMHO !!!Find some balance between both. It would be Politically correct to tell you that women are touched only by honesty and kindness... but I'd be lying. I know it does not sound very nice, but truth is many many many women fall for men who add the "friendly indifference" / hey-what's-your-name-again-? touch to their seduction ... Don't ask me why... it works. Now, my position is that if someone does not fall for who I am but for what i pretend to be, then I'll end up with a problem one day. I could not endlessly pretend I couldn't care less about someone when I would actualy catch a star if he needed it... One has to know that if you are true, some men / women won't even look at you... But do you really want them ??? fair price to pay IMHOIt sounds complicated, but in the end just trust all the sex appeal that irradiates from your twirling, your smile and relax. I am with wuggaroo !!!teach her poi, softly stand behind her etc... winkAnyway, just know that i think a shy guy is extremely sexy. Confidence is good, but guys who are playboys and over confident make me run away like "speedy gonzales" (eeeer... have you ever seen this cartoon ?)Trust in yourself and remember one thing, what you can consider as a fault (shyness, making mistakes, etc...) can real make a woman's heart melt...we love you natural...And one last thing : telling her "I want to nail you" can be a risky option actually unless she does not speak english and understand what you are saying and just things "english sounds so sexy"... be carefull with that one wink lolShine onAll the bestCassandraPS: I would not chose to use a common friend as a messenger , really not !!! You never know if this messenger does not happen to be in love with one of the two and you might a) hurt the messengerb) have a totally different message delivered to your girlc) if she loves you , you won't be there to see the shine in ehr eyes when she hears that you care for her...

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
Dude...Do *not* get me started.One night I got really drunk (funny how a lot of my stories start this way) and one of my friends was bemoaning the fact that he didn't have enought confidence to go and talk to a gril he'd been gazing at with freaking puppy-dog eyes for the last three months.So I went off on this big rant about how much better the Wrold would be and how much more fun the human race woud have if everyone was honest about everything with ench other and oooh look at the pretty lights and *just go and talk to her you tit*.But he wouldn't, so I did it for him." Exschuse me, but my friend thinks you're the most beautiful girl in the room (never say world it's too corny) and he's liked you for, oooh, ages, and would you dance with him. It would make me happy too."And she did.And they've been together now for eight months, still looking good.DYS?D------------------'Only ever use the pink kind...'

Posh ravers wear ties.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hey KL,You already suggested your own 'in'. She loves your spinning, right? So offer to teach her. I find this works fabulously. First off, spinners are just plain sexy, especially good ones. I didn't start it to get women, but my-o-my has it ever helped in that regard! (But what I really didn't count on was how much attention I get from gay men as well - too bad for them I guess). So she probably thinks you look pretty hot doing it if you have any style at all. And some part of her is probably thinking she would look really hot too if she learned. You can even use this conceit to talk her into learning if she is reluctant.So then, just give her a few minutes of lessons at a respectful distance. Humor is always useful at this point, because she will be a little embarassed at first after whacking herself a few (many?) times - humor will make her more comfortable. A few comments about needing some degree of masochism are appropriate here. Keep telling her how well she is doing, how fast she is learning, and how good she looks while spinning (keep it subtle - like "nice form", not "damn, you look hot bitch!"). Lots of compliments here, but keep them on topic for now. After a bit, start with comments about how she should keep it slow at first, and how body movements not only accentuate the look, but help guide the manuevers, and not to force or push the poi, but flow with them and follow their movements, 'pumping' them like a swing. Again, keep it very subtle, but there are all sort of instuctional things you can say that have sexual overtones and double entandre. And follow her non-verbal cues at this point (this is the single most valuable skill you can learn in regards to women, and it is easier than you think). You can either step this campaign up or not depending on her reactions. Stay confident regardless, but not cocky (as was said before).At some point she will probably be having a difficult time with a particular move. What I do after trying a couple ways to show it to woman that have failed is to step up behind her, ask her if she minds if I guide her through the movements (never been refused). So then what you can do at this point is stand up against her back as close as you can, reach your arms out over hers, hold her hands, and show her the movements directly. If she is holding her arms too rigidly, tell her to relax. Your mouth will probably be in the vicinity of her ear at this point, so keep is soft and pleasant. (aside: This is a good way to teach the weave actually, and also how to show someone how to tighten up the butterfly, etc).Don't club her over the head the first night of this, but give her a hug when you quit and tell her she did great and offer to give her more lessons whenever she would like - call or email her a couple days later if you haven't heard from her first and say you have some time free later in the week to show her more moves if she is interested. This gives you both an excuse to hang out together that isn't overtly sexual. Chances are she will say yes if she likes you at all. If she leaves it ambiguous, don't push, but don't give up either. Providing you do give her "private lessons", be a gentleman at first, but if she flirts, flirt back (I shouldn't have to tell you this). At some point, there will have been enough physical contact while you were teaching her poi that the personal space issue won't be a problem any longer, and once you are allowed to touch her body, you battle is mostly won. Just remember to be cool about things - if she isn't sure about something, let it drop for a while w/o making an issue of it - next time you try it, she'll probably be used to the idea and more willing to go along. Women are a LOT more fun romantically if the are comfortable and don't feel pressured grin Good luck, -v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Although it would be really fun to joke about having all sorts of merchandise, I don't feel like thinking right now. I'm surprised superman didn't jump on this one and tell one of his long jokes. He's good at making up stuff like that. I am going to have to thank everyone who supported me while I was first learning, I'll split the profits of all our sales equilly.(Pozee gets a bigger share)"Myst"

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Well all I got to say is thank you. I didn't expect thismuch feedback. But Im going for it. And your all invited to the party when she says yes, Im not even going to think about the other anwser.ThanksMatty

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
many smiles, sunshine and good vibes to you ! smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I've been told by girls that spinning is a big turn on for them. Maybe it's my dashing good looks or diesel body that attracts them,,, but i'd go with the spinning.hehe i'm kidding bout the dashing good looks,,,, they keep telling me i'm hot but i don't believe em,, i think they are just trying to get in my pants.

We are defined by the choices we make

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I find the smell of kerosene fumes and sooty hands is a massive turn on for women.Try that one where you get someone to stand still while you do the butterfly with your arms around them. Throw a few over your head for extra style points. If she puts her arms around you while you're doing this, smile, drop the poi, pick her up and run! grinSerious now... Talk is the key. Start with general poi banter, then talk about where you both picked it up and how it changed your lives, then talk life experience in general. Connection made, job done.This thread is so long he's probably picked her up by now!Spread the love!People unite!------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Bahhhhh!!!Just go up to her and ask her out for a cup of coffee.Just don't say the following:Have I seen you here before?You are *real* pretty ....etc smilePersonally, I am a little sick of guys asking girls out. Girls always wait for the guy to make the first move. I think in this day and age it should be both sexes doing that _uncomfortable_ bit, not just the male one. I personally don't usually wait for a guy to make the first move. Generally if I like a guy I let him know.....subtlety...but I do let them know that I am definitely interested.I honestly feel quite sorry for guys. Generally speaking girls can pick or choose, and don't *that* often get rejected. However you poor fellas, cop all the crap, like "no sorry I can't go out tonight, I am washing my hair" Sure you are lady.I say, just ask her out. She sounds pretty keen. And if you ask her out on something easy like for a coffee, movie etc, it’s more then likely to happen.Although I agree that if she likes your twirling, you are pretty much in. You never know you might ask her out for coffee, and she might ask you: "your place or mine " winkStranger things have happened smileLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Theomember
19 posts

Posted:
Wooing the girl of your dreams can be no easy task, it requires subtle charm, perfect timing and romance. I generally find the tried and true 'smash over the head with a club' job will have a girl in my arms in no time. ugg. (scratches head)

That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere. :)

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
From a female’s perspective, I think fire-twirling is really sexy. A guy with a nice body, their top off, twirling fire, looking incredibly graceful and amazing, turns me on. As if you wouldn't drool over that grinBut seriously, I don't think its just girls who drool over guys that fire twirl. I wouldn't be surprised if *you* guys find chicks awfully sexy fire twirling too - particularly if they are scantily clad or topless. Although I personally have never seen a chick do it topless, or have done it topless myself. But I am sure it would look cool.So yeah - all I am saying is I think fire is just damn sexy weather ye-be a she or a he! smileLove and light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Chicks spinning topless!?!There are several in Houston alone who look for almost any excuse to spin topless (love ya all), and several more in TX. And I have to say that a female spinning even adequately is far sexier than any guy could ever hope to be. I thought that was assumed...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
all I can say, is sexyiness is in the attitude smile for men and women.Josh

Page: