Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
soooo we have been working on craziness like...well, crazy here in edinburgh preparing for beltane festival in a few weeks.... and some tasty new moves to add to the multitude already out there. two person passing with three staffs, if any of you juggle this will be a nice easy explanation. one person(p1) starts with two, the other(p2) with one in right hand. p1 throws straight(right hand)using any number of spins, but between 1/2 and 2 is easier.. and p2 throws across at the same time. repeat, so p1 is always throwing straight and p2 is always throwing crosses. it is possiblee to keep spins continuous but stopping and returning is muchmuchmuchmuchmuch easier... this is the most spectacular one we have, esp. if you can speed up and go to split timing, but there are many others that i will tease you with in a few days in kent...enjoy

brain replacement...anyone?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,nice stuff, are the staffs spinning forwards or back when you do this?LoveN

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
backwards spin nik?. eek, you want to be on the catching end of lit flaming tomahawk staff throw.not memineiro, Weird how we're thinking on the same same lines. I tried juggling 3 staffs (1.1m) last week. Much easier than i expected on singles or doubles. hard on my hands though.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
backwards spins for the person throwing, then catching person stops the spin and goes back the other way...we tried with 4 and 5(unfortunately only had 1.5m staffs so bit hard...) but only managed 7 catches with four, won't even talk about the 5...any recognisable features for friday...? but im sure i will spot you guys there if staff is all-powerful(tho i juggle and poi also...the shame..)going off to practice now....... adeus...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,I was thinking backwards, I really want to try this thing (love throws anyway) but there isnt anyone here good enough to do it with yet (Im teaching a few). I was thinking, do you mean the HoP beltaine meet or the Edinburgh Beltain festival atop Carlton Hill, or something else. If its edinburgh, I might head up there.LoveN smilehttps://www.pbsfm.org.au/netcast.shtml

-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oops, backwards spin on a staff is same as normal spin on a club pass.4 and 5 staff passing, eek, with normal size staffs. big claps for 7 catches.A

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
edinburgh...much fieryness and warmth(only for us) on calton hill. been before? it is really easy to teach so try it out, half spins and singles both comfy catches. been trying the three person variant (feeds) so i think its doable with big rows of people....got another one now, but it is maybe too nice to talk about, i want to get a big row of people doing it on friday or saturday....unfortunately have a stall to look after so will be busy much of dayimes methinks...... the four and five stuff is definitely a bit crazy. but if you pretend that both of you act as one hand and keep two going, one always over one always under, then go to split timing....harsh i know but much easier than trying to catch two at once coming in like missiles thrown by your australian flatmate..... tchau +axe p'ra vocesmineiro

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,you based in edinburgh minero?n

-><- Kallisti

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
Me and my ex gf have this trick we do with a few friends.have a circle of people happening (preferably more than two)...double hand spin (plain circle) with one staff each.When a designated person yells out "go!" everyone throws their staff to the left, and spins around quckly to grab the other persons staff.If you get this going really fast and in continueum it looks like spirals going around in circles...Another cool trick is the helicopter circle. have at least 4/5 people in a circle, all doing a horizontal helicopter above their head. On "Go!", everyone does a really high horizontal helicopter throw and runs to the position of the person to their left, ready to catch their staff. It also looks pretty darn cool but weve only ever mastered it 4 times in a row before someone drops it.Just something to think about...Twirl on...lluhmas ------------------Fire is Love

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?