MaskNmember
14 posts

Posted:
I was in JuggleArt the other day and I came across a "Light Stik"

Basiclly its a rechargeable glowstick which changes color...... I think it changes due to angle and speed but im not sure.

Anyway back to the point I want to buy one but first i want to know if anyone at HoP uses one, how does it work and whats it like twirling???
Peace Out MaskN

--MaskN--

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
:is this what you mean...
https://feraltechnology.com.au/

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
looks tasty yet they are all too short ubbcrying

where oh where is the 1.5m version ubbangel

R wink

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I've used one, it seems to have a type of swicth wire, it doesn't depend on angle or speed, if you tap it, it'll change colour. Their ok to use, but pretty x-ie... Lint remover and I spent almost an hour laughing our asses off drumming away with each staff end running into the drum, the colours changing with every drum beat... biggrin
but where was I... oh yeah, stay out of my beer... tongue

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Did I read that right? $140 US dollars??? It looks way cool, but I'll pass!!! Not that I do staff anyways, but ya know, if I were, I couldn't afford that!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
you know, for $177 US, they also sell light poi with the same properties, they're under custom
beerchug

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Quote:

looks tasty yet they are all too short ubbcrying

Hey , perhaps you'd like to know that you can get longer staffs : 1.31m and 1.42m as a custom order cool
You can also get a version of this staff made of polycarb that glows through the whole length (except the handle) with the same color-interaction and features, but theese are more expensive (custom) ubbangel

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I've used one, it seems to have a type of swicth wire, it doesn't depend on angle or speed, if you tap it, it'll change colour. Their ok to use, but pretty x-ie...

Have to clarify something here : - You are obviously talking about erotec's staffs - they are the expensive ones that you have to tap to switch on etc ...
The Feral technology Light-Stick change colors in response to angle of rotation and movement /inertia.
These have a simple on/off switch and last for about 8 hours on one charge.
They are very sturdy and it will take qiute a bit of a deliberate effort to break one ! ubbloco
Oh! - Did I mention - they are Rechargeable ! which means - they are expensive to make but will save you hundreeds, (if not thousands) of bucks over 5-6 years in throw-away batteries !!!
Hope this helps to clear the confusion cool

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
It's spelt aerotech wink Sounds like someone's a big fan of Feral Technology? smile

Cake or Death?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Try, one of the owners smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I suspected as much smile Congrats on some really amazing looking stuff. I've not seen any live, but I bet they look awesome! Couple of points for the website though. I don't like the layout at all - looks a bit unprofessional and I found it difficult to find what I was looking for frown Also, may I suggest you take a video that's a proper video instead of a series of long-exposure pictures shown one after the other? It looks kinda cool, but I'd be more interested to see something more representitive..

Just my 2p - feel free to shout at me biggrin
EDITED_BY: FireGeeK (1085435674)

Cake or Death?

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
hi
i love my feraltec stick its very durable exept from the crush pads on every side

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hi Stefan.
Thanks for your comments !
We are constantly looking for a better material for the crash-pads.
and it's not an easy sort of thing to source.
There seams to be a suitable kind of rubber -made offshore, and we a looking at bringing some here.
As soon as we redy we will let you know

meanwhile I want to say that : The crash-pads have no other function other than soften the impact of stick falling... Because they are made of elastic rubber - they can be chipped or torn in some places (after heavy use), yet this usually does not impair the padding function of them.
I have seen people put some black adhesive cloth-tape around them to make them stronger if neccessary - that seams to work well.
But off course we are looking for the stronger material that will combine elasticity with strength and nice looks.