Pink...?
Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
Total posts: 6140
Posted:Ok, i want to know how to make some sock poi of my own, i already own some, but they are actual socks. I want some sock poi that aren't socks. (and i've already made some tight's poi - they are amazingly good to use)

i tried to make some, but it failed horribly. please someone help!!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete Topic

rex
rex

Total posts: 263
Posted:quote: I want some sock poi that aren't socks. what the...

Delete

Shouden-CrD
Veteran Member
Total posts: 495
Posted:you and me are thinking the same thing Rex..

Pink,
You said you want to know how to make sock poi without socks? hehe I dont think there is such a thing. I would suggest you making either tennis or newspaper poi..there are instructions in the Poi-Lessons at the top of the page..

-=razyRaverude=-

Delete

Glåss
Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation
Total posts: 2523
Posted:1 Put something in some socks
2 swing
3 repeat step 2

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:my personal favorite is to take a sock, roll it up, and put it inside another sock.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete

Muff_Daddy
Total posts: 45
Posted:u mean some sort of non-fire tennis ball poi, without socks??

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

Delete

lightbug
Total posts: 321
Posted:i like to take socks and draw little faces on them.... then i use them to fool people into thinking that the sock is talking when it is actually me, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... its brilliant

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Delete

Muff_Daddy
Total posts: 45
Posted:Absolute GENIUS !!!!!!

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

Delete

SmokyDavy
Do my poi look too small in this?
Total posts: 394
Posted:Lightbug,

Its genius like yours that keeps the world such a progresive place.. I commend you.

Delete

lightbug
Total posts: 321
Posted:thank you, thank you.. **lightbug takes a deep bow** i would like to thank the academy, the sock makers, and all you aspireing sock puppeteers,
keep reaching for the stars..
peace
im out

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Delete

fie
fie

Total posts: 15
Posted:do you just use tube socks or something? i've never worn them so i dont know how long they are..

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
Total posts: 4030
Posted:A friend of mine made some sets of 'sock' ish poi from two pieces of fabric cut somewhat like a neck tie with a rounded end. Each side a different colour. Put a small rubber ball inside one set, a small bag of rice in another ( that's a bit heavy for me but suits her fine cos she's stronger than me). Folded the top (thinner) end over a few times before sewing so it's a nice edge to grip between the fingers. They were long enough to wrap around the hand and adjust to different lengths. They are really nice to use... don't stretch out like knitted socks and no 'heel'. I find the stretch in sock poi quite annoying cos I spin at different speeds a lot.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

fie
fie

Total posts: 15
Posted:COOL! i'll have to go find some cool meterial at the palce beside my work.. they sell all kindsa fabric for quilting.
I'm totally going to put like a 20 pound weight in it :P
i want to get into shape but i'm too lazy to do anything else besides swing glowsticks around.

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:Hey Alice, i think i get what you mean, why dont u ask FNF coz shes got nice poi in the "strange things happen" video. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:ok... and ive just seen when u posted this up - now i feel silly!!! haha xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

minimaniac
minimaniac

The Ladiees Man
Total posts: 360
Posted:to make cone shaped poi all you need is four bit of identical material in the shape of a kite bit ultra long and skinny eg as long as you want the poi then all you do is stitch it together with a tennis ball inside

easy as chips!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

Delete

BoomShankar
BoomShankar

Total posts: 95
Posted:thats all good if your into sewing but i made some with one trapezium(?)(ie. longer at the bottom than the top) shaped bit of fluffy orange material and sewed the two long edges together, and then sewed a circle of material on the bottom. i made it with the fluff on the inside + then turned it inside out

i miss my fluff poi

progger

Delete

NYC
NYC

NYC
Total posts: 9232
Posted:Wahh!

An ancient post bumped up to fool the Vixens.

Hi Alice! I predict we'll meet two months after you post this and have a lovely day at a museum. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Geeza
Geeza

addict
Total posts: 694
Posted:what would be the same type of sock fabric as on here. Ive ordered some green ones off here but there at my home address now instead of with me in leeds. I got some football socks from sports world but they annoyed my hands so want some of the soft ones.
(and my mates nicked the tennis balls from them to play cricket!)

Delete

Mr Majestik
Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you
Total posts: 4693
Posted:just buy some different fabric from a crafts shop and sow it on yourself. it doesnt really matter what i t is as long as you like it wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

Geeza
Geeza

addict
Posted:^ i'll just get out my trusty student sowing kit and machine!

Delete

Mint Sauce
veteran
Total posts: 1453
Posted:I think I love the fact that alice the Queen of tangles is asking how to make soc poi

how i love old posts ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Delete

pitman
pitman

addict
Total posts: 544
Posted:i got the best sock poi ever i got long rainbow socks with small juggling balls in the bottom there so easy to use and the perfect weight (for me any ways)

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Delete

Geeza
Geeza

addict
Posted:i just got some white knee high socks and stuck a tennis ball in them, then stretched out from underarm where the wrist starts, turn inside out, twice a couple of times to get rid of the heel and finally add some knots at the top.

Do you think rice or something heavier would be easier/harder to use than tennis balls?

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving
Total posts: 1286
Posted:i've got 3 sets of sock poi, all i made myself from knee high socks. i cut the feet off, turned them inside out and sewed the end back up.
one set has tennis balls in, one has juggling balls in and the third one is a spare set to put watever i want in.
i find the tennis ball ones the best, the juggling ball ones are alot harder to work with. if you hit yourself slightly, or hit your poi together whilst doing a move, tennis balls bounce off and you can carry on spinning, whereas juggling balls stop dead in their tracks.

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted: Written by: Geeza

Do you think rice or something heavier would be easier/harder to use than tennis balls?

Yes. wink

Delete

DragonsWrath
DragonsWrath

stranger
Total posts: 2
Posted:Okay i know what they mean, I to do not want to use regular socks, cause for me they just do not flow right. HOP sells sock pois, but im looking for a more custom look, and do not know where to find a place that does that. HOP does not use regular socks for their sock pois, and i to would like to know the material, or how to make the whole thing so i can at least chose my own type of patteren, instead of a solid color or jail house. (theres not much choice) Hell i wouldnt mind getting a pair like the guy had on encyclo-poi-dia when they were showing hyper spins. I want a pair where one is a solid white with a black spiral line going from the handle to 1/3 down the sock and the other sock mainly black with the white spiral line doing the same. If anyone knows where to get custom poi made, or have any patterns for the construction itself, it would be greatly appreciated..

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Total posts: 2418
Posted:I dunno about the construction, mine will be stripey, so I'll be sewing strips of material together, drawing up my own pattern.

Though I'll stick up for socky socks... My favourite pair are just regular socks... they stretch out so they do not stretch any longer, then they fly just fine. Happens pretty quick if you've got a decent amount of weight in there. I claim 3/4 of a cup is PERFECT. Honestly, don't go for anything lighter, tennis balls are WAAAAAAAY too light.

hug

Delete