melissa
Total posts: 156
Posted:now that there's a poi moves and staff moves thread folder, how about a misc. toy moves folder also? there people could discuss some of the other fire toys (like fingers, fans, flags, nunchucks, etc...) and the various moves/techniques that can be explored. in way it might help to reduce the where to find/put this topic confusion. what are folks thoughts on this? do you think that there is enough interest in these moves to merit a new thread catagory or is it better to stick them in with the technical area? pretty much this is just an idea that i thought would be nice to throw out there for people to ponder.

Delete Topic

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)
veteran
Total posts: 1325
Posted:I think it's a great idea. But for now it's probably all done in the Social Discussion folder.

Delete

PurplePan
Total posts: 7
Posted:I'm all for it. I think there's enough folks out there playing with misc. toys to warrant a new category. Maybe a new "misc." category for the video competition too?

Delete

JeStEr
enthusiast
Total posts: 214
Posted:sounds great and i'm all for the misc section in the video comp, being an avid devil sticker, but how would they judge it?

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:Sounds interesting, as long as it doesn't incite people to try out crazy new dangerous things and then hurt or kill themselves...(Sorry to be party pooper, but I thought this needed to be said)
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttp://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)
veteran
Total posts: 1325
Posted:I think Melissa is talking about Fire fingers, fans, meteors... etc. Not like Phuzz's "Psyco satan poi of suicidal death"
Non-Https Image Link
Kinudin

Delete

melissa
Total posts: 156
Posted:i was basically thinking a folder (like the poi moves/staff moves folder) for some of the other toys that are used by folks that are not as common but still manage to be the topic of a number of threads. ya i was thinking of it as an easy way to find move discussions on things like fans, metors, etc... i guess that if enough people were into the satan poi of death it would be good to put in there too.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:I don't think a new forum will encourage folks to start trying out dangerous things Charles.We haven't had a misc toys section before and yet adamrice and Dangerboy (amongst others) still managed to come up with a deluge of potentially lethal ideas....And lived.....Just because there's a new discussion board it doesn't necessarily follow that folks will start trying to outdo each other.

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

adamrice
adamrice

poo-bah
Total posts: 1015
Posted:Not me, Cantus! You must be thinking of someone else. I'm very keen on safety. If I've come across as a risk-seeker, then I must not be expressing myself clearly.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete