Forums > Technical Discussion > Kewl Staff for non fire or glowstick alternative

Login/Join to Participate

SteelWngs
SteelWngs

Total posts: 169
Posted:I happened to be browsing the net looking for electronic equiptment when I came across a juggling supply store. I found this staff and thought that it looked kinda kewl.Check it out.http://www.globall.com/Staffpro.htm------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Delete Topic

flash fire
flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal
Total posts: 2758
Posted:and for a mere 220 GBP I can acquire one!! I'm not known for being frugal, but even I wouldn't spend that kinda dosh on one staff.Does anyone here have one??moving you over to technical
Non-Https Image Link

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

Blackbird
Total posts: 337
Posted:i saw someone with that at the drome... looked sick, although you couldn't tell how fast he was spinning it when he was doing it fast. oddly enough, he wouldn't let me have a go...

x X x Ĉ К я x X x

Delete

WuGgaRoO
Total posts: 123
Posted:whats that diablo toy on the site..they provide no picture and an sucky description..can sumone hook me up with a pic or sumthing

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Delete

WuGgaRoO
Posted:Nevermind...i did a search n i found it... its quite interesting really..and i played with one before...it makes a killer sound..and its pretty hard to use..

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 996
Posted:On 28th September ( a few days) there will be a new product release on to the world market.For about USD$42 you can get an "Electroglo" Staff in Blue,Green or Red. Manufactured by Pure Flame Australia.If you want real fancy go for the Aerotech Staff at USD$323. Want something simple (not programmable etc) watch out for the Electroglo Staff.

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

flash fire
flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal
Total posts: 2758
Posted:sounds sweet!questions: will HOP be selling them?what is the length of each staff?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:Yes HOP will be selling them. I think ours are currently going through customs clearance.Heaps more information here

Delete

GoaFire
Total posts: 71
Posted:im getting one of those...*smiles n nods*...oooOOOOOOooooooo they are sooooo pretty.....
Non-Https Image Link
goafirep.s. how much in uk money is it? hehe.....ignore my terminology....*grins cheekily*

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:Goafire,They are 29 GBP in UK money. See shop for more info.

Delete

miss_rummage
miss_rummage

Total posts: 63
Posted:OOOOOHHHHHH MY GOD!I'm so excited now! I've only just started learning staff and I've been dreaming of having a toy like this! wooohooooyippeee do da!
Non-Https Image Link

stay smilin

Delete

jedimastah
Total posts: 97
Posted:OH DUDE! DUDE OH!I want one. No, no, I NEED one!!
Non-Https Image Link
But they need to be longer damn it!

Delete

adamrice
adamrice

poo-bah
Total posts: 1015
Posted:Seems really, really cool, but I wish it didn't use watch batteries. For the kind of use most of us would put it to, rechargeables would be vastly preferable. Grr.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Delete

WuGgaRoO
Posted:thats it...not only am i a poier...its time for me to take up the staff
Non-Https Image Link
...how much is that killer peice of equiptment in US dollars??and is there any way to paint the case yellow thus creating an orange effect

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:Hey Adam, the Aerotech Staff at USD$323 uses recharables.I do know what you mean though, It is not as flashy as it could have been but it is very effective and robust.

Delete

Posted:PLease!I'd like to see a review of the new glow staff!!As soona as anyone gets one please tell me, does it look as good as it does in the video?does it glow as much?if it does, I'm so getting one.Josh

Delete

Frenzie
Total posts: 515
Posted:ElectroGlo Staff Review:Well my staff came on friday! (thanx Malcolm) and after about 5 mintues of trying to undo the masking tape around the end i finally broke through and got my staff!Took it out that night and it does look as good as the video, it has the 2 LED lights in each end and theyre very bright! Looks great when u spin (btw i got the blue one).Only thing for me is that it isnt long enough for me as a single staff...im used to a bit longer, but i will probably buy another one and use them as doubles.Its going to be a great fire alternative this summer when a lot of the time there are total fire bans across the state which means no fire at bush parties
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -http://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:The free one you got was not as bright as the rest I had (less than half, but still pretty good). Unfortunately I sold all the good ones and only had a few left in the defect corner once I had finished the orders for that day. As soon as I get my new batch in I shall send you new LED's for your less brighter ones.I know it will blow your mind with the proper LEDs.Regards to the length. Shipping is just a pain in the bum cause they restrict lengths of what you can send. Otherwise I'd love to sell longer things.Kindest regardsMalcolm

Delete

Frenzie
Total posts: 515
Posted:Thanx Malcolm!!!The length will actually be perfect for doubles which is great!As a single its fine, will just take some time getting used to. spin it a little faster than id like and tends to go off and twirl on its own :PThats sucks about restrictions on length with shipping, but i guess its better than getting your staff in 3 pieces when its meant to be one!------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -http://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:MalcolmI can't help noticing that they're sold out.I got all excited about them. I need 2 ( I want 6, I can afford 2) I started drafting my letter to Santa and everything. And you haven't got any left.I'm off to sulk with my stupid, plain old homemade glostaff...
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------C@ntus

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Posted:CantusThey are supposed to arrive this week. however I have not heard from customs as yet. Better be here next week or I too will be very upset.RegardsMalcolm

Delete

FyreKat
Total posts: 3
Posted:Try going to Bandshoppe.com. I have ordered a couple of great things from them. They have clear flag poles in various sizes that work great to put glowsticks inside of. The also have a glowstick baton. Very cool place. Good Luck!FyreKat

Delete

Shouden-CrD
Veteran Member
Total posts: 495
Posted:Check this out at the very bottom..http://www.bandshoppe.com/html/specialpoles.htmlFlag chains...seems like it would be a phat alternative to fire poi. :PCRD

-=razyRaverude=-

Delete

Stone
Stream Entrant
Total posts: 2830
Posted:Just a quick update. My first impression of the electroglow staffs is that they are light (weight), slippery and easy to spin. They are great for doubles, and I think they will be especially good for finger spinning as they move easily between the fingers and tend to run-on a bit. They run-on because they have weights (washers) under each end cap (rubber chair stopper). The ones I have are bright enough, and look really cool at night, however, you have to be spot on when you spin, because they look crappy if your spinning is a bit off centre (if you know what I mean). They are durable, and the only small problem I noticed was having to remove the rubber end caps to switch them on and off. Batteries are supposed to last about 50 hrs. I would also like a longer electroglo staff, but apart from shipping considerations, I don't think the LED's would support (be bright enough) for a longer staff.
Non-Https Image Link

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete