Evilsun
Total posts: 15
Posted:Count the number of 'F's in the following text: FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE- SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF- IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS Managed it? Scroll down only after you have counted them! OK? How many? Three? Wrong, there are six - no joke! Read again! The reasoning is further down... The brain cannot process "OF". Incredible or what? Anyone who counts all six 'F' on the first go is a genius, Three is normal Thanks to Baptizer form Ninjamicros.com Evilsun

Delete Topic

Acid
Total posts: 110
Posted:wow!! that was really kewl!i counted 4 f's the first time so does that mean im almost genius??peace love and poi

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

Delete

Tom
Tom

Total posts: 135
Posted:Doh!I knew that one, and still only counted three.I sux..

Delete

xLessThanJakex
Total posts: 155
Posted:hey that's freaky I counted 4 and then i noticed that there were of's in there. Nice one!!

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Delete

Tlight
Total posts: 189
Posted:Hey that was really cool.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Delete

Tlight
Total posts: 189
Posted:Thats so weird. Even knowing the secret i only counted 5.

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Delete

Draco Dominus
Total posts: 14
Posted:Bollox! I had to read it about 6/7 times before i found all six!!! Freaky shit man!!!------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Delete

Myst
addict
Total posts: 439
Posted:That was cool! I counted 4 the first time then I counted again and only got three. Tricky!Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Delete

ScRuBB
Total posts: 9
Posted:That is WAY too weird! Can we not process "of" because there's no F phoeneme in the word? Think about how you say "of", you don't say it "Uhff", you say "uhv" right? I'd be interested in a linguist's take on this trick.------------------Ouch, dammit! Frickin poi, stop hitting me!

Ouch, dammit! Frickin poi, stop hitting me!

Delete

Evilsun
Total posts: 15
Posted:Hehehehe good to see it freaked you guys out too!Wonder if it works when you're mashed...
Non-Https Image Link
Gibbon

Delete

Posted:Nice one mate
Non-Https Image Link
take care Dizz
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Twirl Girl
Total posts: 14
Posted:Thats really confusing, Ive had a big night, just got home I only found 3, sounds like Im one of the least intelligent people on here..Very cool though!------------------Lisa

Lisa

Delete

Oottat
Total posts: 10
Posted:Wierd!!!I counted 5 THREE times!!! I saw the same two of's but missed the third one each time, go figure!Oottat------------------It's only funny until someone gets hurt.... Then it's a COMPETITION!!!

It's only funny until someone gets hurt.... Then it's a COMPETITION!!!

Delete

Theo
Total posts: 19
Posted:ohh
Non-Https Image Link
now i'll never be a genius------------------"That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere." :)

That is perfect. This is perfect. Perfect comes from perfect. Take perfect away from perfect, the remainder is perfect. May peace and peace and peace be everywhere. :)

Delete

Fire Princess
Total posts: 130
Posted:I got it, but I knew the secret
Non-Https Image Link
Scrubb, I'm no linguist, but I did a course in linguistics last year, and yeah - you hit the nail on the head. We ignore the 'of's because we pronounce them 'ov's and so just skip them as we read. You can't help but read them like this - an example of how reading as an automatic process affects our lives.Ever heard of the Stroop effect? It's pretty funny (if you like this sort of thing
Non-Https Image Link
). You can do online tests for it. Sorry I don't know any URLs, but if you search you'll prolly find a good site (if you're interested that is).Princess xx

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:don't feel bad, I am a jenus, geneius, geniouse (however the heck you spell it) and I only got three F's
Non-Https Image Link

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:have you seen the one where they have a bunck of words (red blue green yellow orange, etc) writen out with each word having a random color (like the word green writen in blue) then you have to look at the word and say the color it is written in instead of the word that is written (i'll try to put a link to it)

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete

Superman
Superman

Total posts: 829
Posted:i counted 46.....what does that mean?? [image]http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/confused.gif">Super'------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Delete

MiSsFrOg
Total posts: 187
Posted:the first time i looked at it i saw 3 and i kept looking and looking and i only saw 3 i thought i was loosin it... but then a day later i looked at it and i saw all 6. pretty funny...___________________"Come with me to a land of fantasy take my hand down into techno land"

Its not easy being green....

Delete

Fire Princess
Total posts: 130
Posted:Hey Santanatwo - that wierdy coloured words thing would be the Stroop Effect
Non-Https Image Link
I bothered myself to find a URL : http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/java/ready.html

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:f's? What f's? It's a trick I tell you...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete