Forums > Technical Discussion > Ack! Ballchain (Adam plz look this...)

Login/Join to Participate

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
OK ballchain users... I love mine, but my crew and I are having problems... my basic design has been to put a ball chain connecter on each end of the chain, thread a quick link through each end, attach grips and wicks... pretty simple.....but my ball chain connectors have separated twice... luckily not during performances...Adam, do you use the ones that look sort of likt pills, with holes and slits on each end and then a big hole in the middle... I know you "crimp" them, but have you had anything like this happen?Ack!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Twist--Ack indeed! I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you.I know the connectors you are talking about. Those are *not* what I use. The ones I use are called "Type A" at https://www.ballchain.com
(sometimes this site is very pokey). They look like a slotted cup (which the end ball rests in) with a pair of arms that reach up and meet in a ring. I use size 20 connectors, which are solid brass and pretty beefy, with size 15 ballchain. I've never had any problems like you describe.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
The saga continues...OK... so I went to buy some type B couplings, but they only had them for the # 10 chain (gee, I feel cool talkin' like this! smile)www.ballchain.com claims that the #10 chain has a tenisile strength of 451 pounds... sooo... i'm gonna give this a whirl... (literally)