Page:
nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
So last year, 2002, there was a HoP gathering Tuesday Night around the man... It was amazing to meet everyone...

This year... I've been lurking around the HoP Forums, and it seems a TON of you are going..

I think in the name of Tradition.. Tuesday night, Sun Down, At the Man... Bring yer favorite
toy, and favorite fuel and anything else ( music perhaps ).

love n lights
-nasu-
www.wildfireentertainment.com

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hey!
Great spinning with y'all Tuesday night. I couldn't stay too long either--way too much psychodrama in the camp.
But how many of us were there? I asked "Who's here from Home of Poi?' and the crowd of a hundred or so people said, "All of us!"
Thank you, arashi, for stopping by our camp. Too bad we didn't get around to spinning together. Maybe next year.

peacefully yours,
Maximus Ego

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Nice meeting all of you.

Awesome cooking up a routine with you on the spot Mike...that was sweet
I love the fire whip David...great way to attract everyone to us
And thanks to Jo and James for the little lesson in smoothness and style (and fun new moves to try) the next day

I loved watching all of you guys spin...it was so inspiring.

linz

[ 05. September 2003, 13:08: Message edited by: Wildfire (1/2 a firesister) ]

Om Namah Sivaya

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Wow, it was my first burn and blew me a way. Great to meet some wonderful spinners. I still can't believe I spun naked in front of hundreds of people - quite the adrenalin rush. I highly recommend it!!! And how cool was the stilts bar, although stilt walking after a couple of drinks is not a good idea, especially if you're a light weight drinker like me.
Now back to reality. Hope to see you guys all there next year.

Love and hugs to you all
Still filled with wonderful memories and dreams
Gabs

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow. hundreds, you say? no wonder i couldn't find you guys. i rode around the playa looking for about ten fire spinners. there must be more lurkers on this board than i thought! there were about 5 groups spimnning around the man tuesday night! in retrospect i think i even saw you guys, but i kept riding looking for maximus as the giveaway face. weird, cause i saw one large group that must have been the hoppers but it was basically the same guy spinning, the whole time i rode around, so i thought it was just a gathering of people watching him.
anyways i rode around in a delerious hungover state for a quite few and then went and passed out. hard. but dammit, i got to meet maximus, even though i couldn't pick his brain for wushu sword katas... oh well, next year i suppose. next year, we need to have TWO days set up so the chaos/hangover factors have more room to breathe!!!!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Gabriellemember
23 posts

Posted:
Arashi, I tried to find you. Asked so many people if they knew you. I guess I asked the wrong people. Everyone was asking me if I was the Fairy Acropolis. Apparently I look like her. I'd heard about her and wanted to meet her too, but alas. Perhaps one day I'll get to meet you all.

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
I didn't get to meet any of you guys. Hopefully next year. I did get to briefly chill with some friends, Jo, Orbit, etc. Seemed like there was such a large group, and everyone was focused on spinning.

So, if anyone's troupe spun around the MAN please post photos. I'll be posting my angel wings really soon since I've received some personal inquiries about the design.

Also, if anyone belongs to or knows the troupe to the right of the Mutator stage (facing the MAN) - We've got some great photos - biggest ass flames from staff and poi - definitely the BEST night of my life for fire performance. The San Francisco Fire Conclave rocked the playa (shamelss plug)

The experience of learning is living.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Sorry I missed the meet on Tuesday, wanted to be there but we were still building art (did anyone see the chandelier?)

I'd love to see some of your pictures. I span with the Fire Conclave (mostly Reno spinners) who had big fire and were near Mutaytor and I'd love to see the pictures as my camera broke so I didn't get any.

Please post a link or email me your pix!

Thanks

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Hey Cyber Sprite!
Sorry we never hooked up on the Playa. I owe you a hundred bucks.
There are over a THOUSAND photos of BM 2003 already posted on the web. Go to https://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity_yearround/image_gallery/photography.html
and look around. One guy has over a hundred photos of firedancers.
Here we are entering the Great Circle.

Non-Https Image Link

Our performance rocked, too. I think everyone was at the top of their game Saturday night. I did six sets in a row, pausing only to refuel my toys and wipe away tears of joy,

blessed be,
Maximus Ego

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Hey Maximus,

hehe... I've never really won anything before.
That $100 will definitely help me out, need to buy some new toys
Did you ever get a copy of the pamphlet? If not, I'll mail you one (just for future reference and some good laughs). Sorry that I never came by for the drinks....definitely next year!!!!

Thanks for all those links. I cruised through a couple, but I don't have the patience at the moment. I'll get some photos from friends and post in a week or so. Great photo of your group (how 'bout one of you?). Gosh, there's nooooo way to even explain the feelings and emotions spinning for the MAN (my motivation). Went and lit up at the beach under the gorgeous full moon - kinda helped with decompression mode, just to be around fire again. Still, not the same as playing in the warm desert air surrounded by 500 other performers - the vibe was so perfect!!!! ahhhhh

sunbeam! The chandelier was my FAVORITE art piece out there. Wow - fabulous... got any good stories to tell about it?

Is anyone coming to Decompression in S.F. on October 12? If YES, then we should meet. Maybe we can do some fire spinning at the park (I'll check with Crimson to see what's up).

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Cyber Sprite,
Hey, thanks. I hungrily searched through those photos but I couldn't find any of me spinning.
But there is one of me just walking along the Playa:
https://www.deadflesh.org/fear/fearcam3BM1.jpg
Warning: nudity (heh)

*blush*
Maximus Ego

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
nice photo (hehe).... The naked "artsy" shots are the BEST.... Can't see your face, but your bod reminds me of a guy that I was dancing near on either Thursday or Friday evening (sunset) at the MAN. Fantastic sound system coming outta the back of a wimpy art car - oops, I take that back. The art car was wimpy, but the trailer with the amps was dishin' out some majorly killer trance. Be a weird coincidence if it was you.

(runs off to get film developed - naked shots under the full moon)

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
SF Fire Conclave photos

Sorry, but they're mostly of me (I swear I don't have an ego) - just that my friends happen to be in the front! My fire partner is EVA (leather shorts).

Sunbeam, I think that photo #5654 is your troupe, Reno. But, I know for sure that other photos I have are definitely Reno. I'll ask to have them added by the end of this week. Eventually, they'll go on the main Burning Man web page (hehe - my good friend designs their web page so I can pick and choose whatever I want).

Any feed back on the wings is GREATLY appreciated. They took ALOT of hardwork, time off work, tears, sweat, and stress to get these babies designed and appropriately fueled without burning us. I'll be wearing them at Cyberfest on Saturday at the Cow Palace

https://www.playalicious.com/gallery_php/view_album.php?set_albumName=fire_dancers_03

Great shots of the man + fire performers https://www.playalicious.com/gallery_php/view_album.php?set_albumName=the_burn_03

[ 16. September 2003, 04:12: Message edited by: Cyber Sprite ]

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Gosh, those are nice wings. I like the lepidopteran style, but I am curious about the construction. Are those circles of flame on them? Or is it el wire? Or just illuminated by your fans? And are you wearing flame antenna? Nice.
Here's one set of my wings:
https://www.deadflesh.org/fear/fearcam3wings2.jpg
The other pair were six feet wide and made of cardboard and wire. They didn't make it back from the Playa.

Already packing for next year...

peace,
Maximus Ego

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Thanks Maximus!

No El Wire....three kevlar wicked circles per wing. The flame wasn't super huge and burnt less than 3 minutes. Justice (my crazy ass fire partner) used alcohol - if he used white gas then we would've gotten burnt. Had to be mellow. Kinda trial and error. The wings detach from a wooden back brace. We had to figure out a very quick way to fuel them (many playa outtings with a stopwatch). Anyway, we soaked them with alcohol an hour before the burn, wrapped in hefty bags to prevent evaporation, then quickly resoaked right before we went out.

My "devil horns" were a very simple wire design from Iron Gypsy outta Seattle. He makes great toys, highly recommend his quality and willingness to accommodate requests.

Man, I don't even unpack

Your wings look mighty dangerous, but extremely mid evil......

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
wow Cyber Sprite the wings are lovely.

Thanks for that but I think I'm behind the big bit of fire

Nice pix

Hope to meet you next time

sunbeam

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny