249 posts

Posted:
I'm so there. I'll be there around 7:30. See everyone then

Om Namah Sivaya

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that last night this T.O. meet went down, and it was a great time...many fantastic hours of chatting and spinning and watching. It's certianly nice to know that there's something started for all the spinners in the GTA.

Many thanks to Vitaly for organizing all this! I'd imagine it was a lot of work, and I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

And thanks everyone for the batteries! Will bring them back next week.

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
awww...man,,,friday nites arent so good for me, and the meets are far,,,so how about we go to palazzo for victoria day, or some other all ages this summer???

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Well it was so great to see everyone there. I got myself a couple of nice bruises that I'm quite proud of from the glow sticks. My first ever...since my bean bags don't really bruise me I can't wait until next week...watching everyone do fire, maybe trying it, getting a few more bruises, maybe burning my hair off...hehe...it's gonna be a blast

Om Namah Sivaya

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Toronto on the 15th of June, if you wanna have a mid-day meet

D

[ 16 May 2002, 00:14: Message edited by: FieryFlow ]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
you guys are darn lucky to have our dear Fiery flow all for yourselves from June on

Cassandra's jealous

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Awww!
*blushing*

thanks darlin! You're as sweet as your crepes!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
sorry, that came out way cheesier than I intended.. I'll go smack myself with a brick wall as punishment

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
dear fiery flow,
we've moved to "official toronto thread". We could probably meet on June 15th. Can you do evenings? fire is just brilliant at night. If not, we could get together in the day.

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
I just stumbled across this site after searching for ppl that know anything about poi in the T.O area forever....Im so pleased. I lived out in Vancouver a few years back, and worked with a stiltwalking troup. One of my instructors was into poi, and Ive since then been interested in learning and someday being able to combine the 2.
Someone mentioned something about meeting near the Wellesley station...I think I may be going to school at IAOD this summer, and man, that would be perfect.
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a few tips on where to start...Ive heard the transition from tennis balls to real poi can throw u off a bit *weight issues* so in saying that...what would be the best thing to start off with? Unlit poi?

*Thrilled*

educate yourself - knowledge is power

83 posts

Posted:
By the way, what day is it that everyone decided to meet at Christies Pits? Didnt quite catch the date.

Thanx.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
WHat's up MDW,

We're meeting next monday at 8:30. Check out the "Official Toronto Thread"...that's the one all us Toronto folks are using to organize ourselves. Can you make it out?

As for starting out, unlit poi are nice and soft, so you could do that. But from my experience, changes in weight will throw you off for a few minutes, but then you'll adjust and are back in fighting form. You want to be versatile, so try spinning lots of stuff. Socks on shoelaces are good until you stop hitting yourself in the groin.

83 posts

Posted:
I'll definately try and make it for sure, Id be great to meet some others into this fine art!

Thanx alot Paddy!