Page:
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Just wondering who’s going off the Board?I know that from the last 2 years that I have been there have been highly talented fire-spinners there, and some exceptional performances by the Fire-Flies from Sydney.Lots of fun......Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I've heard about this and know something of its "whatabouts", but know very little of its whereabouts and "whenabouts".Is there a website somewheres I can look at? If not, anyone who knows more than I do about this feel free to email me.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking about going, anyway I don’t know if anyone got this, but apparently the FESTIVAL SITE HAS CHANGED DUE TO FIRE RISK and RAINBOW WILL RETURN TO LAST YEARS SITE. Due to high fire risk and community concerns the proposed site as advertised on the flyer will not be able to be used. Our planned backup site is the Raglan site at which last years event took place, where conditions are excellent and rain has fallen.Check out: https://www.vapourspace.com.au/rainbow/
smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'll be there!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
woo hoo!! I'll be there too smile

....lurks

693 posts

Posted:
And Josh, and Myself...and Danger Boy, or so I have heard...and maybe Bendy?? You coming.....So many people...so much fire....whooo hooo can't wait.It will be very swanky and spiffy!------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Possibly, with a high hope factor. Sounds interesting and I have it on "good authority" that it could be better than Earthcore wink

J4Playmember
24 posts

Posted:
Yep count me in. Should be fun fun fun!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
About the Free CD sampler that you get if you buy your rainbow serp. ticket froma shop - is it worth the extra cost? If not I'll get them offa the net.Otherwise, have a kickass fire-fest!How long is everyone planning to stay for?I can only start when rock up after work on friday =( And if anyone can help me I'm starting out in double staves and would appreciate any help, be it lessons or green question marks.If anyone needs a lift from the Melb area, reply to this thread, _before_ friday. Now i gotta get back to work... *lubricates left fist*------------------"It takes a very special woman.... or several average ones"- Bill Hicks on the strain of stand up comedy

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

693 posts

Posted:
Well if we can get our crap together enough, we could all meet say Saturday afternoon, so for those of us who don't know each other, we can have a chance to get to know each other....etc??We could meet at the Chill stage, which I am assuming is going to be near the markets, but the set up might be different from last year. But that’s easy enough...So maybe we can say all meet up:In front of the chill stage at 3.30pm? On Saturday Afternoon. That's if we all haven't met Friday night while spinning smileLove and Light.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

6,978 posts

Posted:
If i dont catch you peoples at the friday twirl and I don't show up at the chill out area, I'll defninitely be at the St Johnno's then!------------------"It takes a very special woman.... or several average ones"- Bill Hicks on the strain of stand up comedy

6,978 posts

Posted:
Ripped from the spam mail that was sent from the organisers last night:FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!COME AND PLAY AT THIS YEARS RAINBOW SERPENT FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES...!ANNUAL E-LYMPICSSaturday Afternoon 1pm - 3pmMainfloor Come and join in the annual gas bag of laughs between the nutty and the nitros, as the friendly furry festivalers spend a couple of hours of physical fun in the sun playing, jumping, hooplaing and limboing for big big prizes. Yes please!! This one is for all the colours of the rainbow, so come and be part of the annual e-lympics , Special fun for the welltrained party goer or those that just wish to watch others through rose couloured glasses... BYO air guitars!CRAZY RAINBOW CAKE TEA PARTYSunday Afternoon 4pm - 9pmMarket StageBring your perfect picnic blanket, mum's finest Wedgwood, a few bottles of chilled champers, whatever's left in the Esky, some special tea, a few of your favorite toys, (hoops, bubbles, balls and clubs), and some sensible rainbow costumes. Sunglasses and hats optional. Join in the circus afternoon fun, balance your brain, cross your eyes and massage yourmates, as we all come down in the tree cool shade of the market zone while listening to some homegrown space cake sounds from the local underground. Watch the sun go down into the Closing Ceremony as we put the beat back in its box for future bush doofs and wander into the dreamtime of silence.DIY WARM FUZZYSFrom Go to WoAll Over The SiteSmile. Enjoy yourself at no one else's expense. Smile. Create your own community spirit. Look out for others. Please pick up the Rubbish. Smile.A Message from the Volunteer Co-Ordinator:Hey Rainbow Doofers,We have some opportunities for free tickets to this coming RSF for those a little tight on cash and want to do their part in keeping the party site clean and comfortable.There are a number of shifts to be filled, the times range from Saturday morning till Monday evening. 2 x 2.5 hr shifts are required for 1 ticket. Some conditions apply.If interested, contact Billie on 0400 447 100 or email: spiritlevel@hotmail.comPeace, Billie

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Don't think I am gonna make it.
Non-Https Image Link
Not giving up hope just yet....

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
well... I'd go, but having no money for a ticket, and no way to get there, it looks like I'm going to have to twirl in Sydney this weekend.. frown------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

6,978 posts

Posted:
I can't concentrate at work today =)------------------I am not a bot.*** END STATEMENT ***

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey guys - RSF was pretty cool. unfortunately the fire twirling was limited to 1.5 hours on the Saturday night only, for fire danger reasons. This was really crap IMHO, but we did get to see some awesome twirling. Felix (dunno performance name) did a WICKED show with doubles, crosses and a breathtaking set on fans. I reckon his fan set was probly the best I've ever seen.Pheonix Rising from Melbourne did a bit of a show, with some really nice duo work which had us all cheering.I did a bit of an interaction set with Dangerboy, him on flags and me on Poi which was fun, but unfortunately the area was so slippery due to the fuel on the ground, I couldnt really pull many moves. OH well - we both had a cool time and I think the crowd liked it (400+).I worked on my club twirling/juggling all weekend, and Stone showed me how to do a Snake with em...thanks Stone smileAll in all I had a good twirling time, despite the fact that I only lit up a couple of times in the whole weekend.Josh

grubeegroovamember
4 posts

Posted:
Me an' my crew Luna Flare went out there earlier last week hoping to get some work setting up and performing, we'd previously emailed but almost everyone i know that emailed couldn't get through. So after driving for three days from a friends place in Lismore we got turned around and decided to head up to Mildura to c some family. Lotsa driving.... Does anyone know about psycorroboree the week after earthcore?? we thinking about going.------------------WHO SO EVER RUNS WITH MONSTERS, BEWARE, LEST HE BECOME ONE.FOR WHEN YOU PEER INTO THE ABYSS.THE ABYSS PEERS INTO YOU.

WHO SO EVER RUNS WITH MONSTERS, BEWARE, LEST HE BECOME ONE.FOR WHEN YOU PEER INTO THE ABYSS.THE ABYSS PEERS INTO YOU.

J4Playmember
24 posts

Posted:
Howdy! Had a good weekend at RSF. Unfortunetely didn't quite catch up with anyone off the board and missed the only opportunities to spark up which kinda sucked. Much impressive twirling going on though which was good to see. Need to do a lot more practising I think!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
*mumble grumble*

6,978 posts

Posted:
Josh man, you guys rocked! every twirler in my group were real impressed with the pale flag/bright poi combo. like the time i saw the swedish twins - it was something that i'd never seen before. smileWe were the group on the opposite end of the fire ring and you guys are lucky that we begged cos originally the CFA weren't gunna tell us that the fire free for all was on. they originally intended for us to stay on *after* the performance starting at 10pm *until* 11pm. But they saw how unnaturally happy we were. Ah sooo f*king happy.Shit man we didn't know who u guys were! I was the doodski wearing the red monkey magic tshirt with 8" split poi, double short and single long staves @ the CFA truck end of the circle.As for meeting at the chill stage at 3:30pm - i could no way make it as I was being chased by a giant hand from above after the sky turned purple on me. true story.how mad was the thin poi / double staff twirler with the wierd hare krishna haircut and thick glasses! I've never seen 360 weaves so fast!We shoulda had nametags!!or at least use more exclamation marks!!!------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
RSF was awesome, and I'm certainly glad I went grin I was impressed by the friendly atmosphere, and the high level of twirling skills on show at the festival. I was fortunate enough to catch up with Josh, Katinca & Sarah briefly, and what impressed me was the way they could subtly put in extra moves; you know a wrap here or an extra spin there. Very impressive. It was a pity that there was so little time for fire, but during a summer plagued with Total Fire Bans, I suppose you just have to make the most of it. I certainly come home inspired, and I'm gunna get some devil stix smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

grubeegroovamember
4 posts

Posted:
The thin poi double twirler was Tom from pom land!! He have the wic-ked body contact styles with a single stick in the whole world pharking! He also got the mad electro-glo double sticks straight from o.s. perfect for fire bans...

WHO SO EVER RUNS WITH MONSTERS, BEWARE, LEST HE BECOME ONE.FOR WHEN YOU PEER INTO THE ABYSS.THE ABYSS PEERS INTO YOU.

grubeegroovamember
4 posts

Posted:
oops! i Mean aero-tech not electro-glo.. stilll cool but not as programmable

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - glad you liked it BTO! smilethat whole hour was just a blur for me - felt like 5 minutes! smile)Name tags or identifying features will have to be a must for the next meetup smileThat guy Tom was certainly going off - but he seemed to be going at about Warp ten all the time...a bit chaotic for my tastes, but a damn talented technical twirler no doubt. I wish I had seem him do contact staff - I've been try to track ppl down that can do that for ages smileI had a play with Sarah's ElectroGlo's and was most impressed - I would throughly recommend anyone to get them, they seemed VERY sturdy, and looked amazing. Sure they dont flash on and off in patterns - but to tell the truth - the AeroTechs simply didnt impress me much - they seemed very gimmicky. but then again, I prefer glowsticks to Ravin lights. smileJosh

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
Rainbow Serpent was amazing, made more so by the array of beautiful twirling talent that was displayed!Josh and Dangerboy did a wicked set together, they worked so well as a team doing their flags and poi combination, yay!And Flash Fire and Katnica looked awesome doing their stuff...woo hoo!!!Would definately have been nice to meet some other HOP peoples though, but I suppose with our muppet tendencies it was always going to be hard ;-)

....lurks

6,978 posts

Posted:
Oi Josh, I've been looking for Rav'n lights for a while in OZ - there was like 1 person posting on this discussion board about importing it here but they must've died or something. I spose you've got yer hands on some?? me is dying to get them!about the fast twirler - i don't mean the english doodski with the black flame-decal pants it was some other dood wearing orange. IT is strange that i remember twirlers' fire gear yet forgot my name several times during RSF!!and finally, were flash fire and katinca the two performers on the last night of rainbow?? whoever they were, the double-act they performed was the slickest this side of kings cross!cheers big ears!------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

693 posts

Posted:
I was doing poi, wearing a purple short skirt, fairy top and a pair of purple gaiters, which I briefly set on fire at one point. I was the one who did the splits, and was threading the needle while lying on my back, with my legs tucked underneath. As for Flasy, she had a long red skirt on, and a black top on, she was the only chick doing doubles as far as I can remember, and did a damn good job of it too smile..As for the ULTRA fast guy, there was and Asian dude there that I had seen the night before on Glow sticks, and he was super fast, so fast that he put his flames out. But he could do some AMAZING fly kicks and stuff while he was spinning. I just wish he would slow down, but it a matter of preference I guess. I like slow twirling, where as others like it fast. Whatever get you going I guess ?Anyway that who I was and that’s who Flasy was.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

6,978 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]...and he was super fast, so fast that he put his flames out. But he could do some AMAZING fly kicks and stuff while he was spinning. QUOTE]Ah gee whizz i feel flattered! I was in total fear of the heavy poi set killing my ass so i had spunned it faster. 8" of wick on either side made my arms ache more than a wifebeater's. You guys should have praticed with us during the day, there's way better combined kick/staff passing moves in the bag!If you ppls want to have another group twirl, the 2002 St Kilda Festival is this weekend - SOOOOoooo much twirling gets done every year.I think i'll change my pants now..^_^------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

6,978 posts

Posted:
https://www.raves.com.au/?page=raves
Earthcore @ St Kilda Festival- Summer beats soundsystem-----------------------------Date: Sunday 10th February 2002Venue: Catani Gardens - St KildaAges: All AgesTime: 1pm - 9pmPrice: FREEDJ's: Psychaos, Alias, Miss DJ, Ben Abrahams, Disko Pussy, Jason Digby, Aaron Smiles, Sean Quinn, Richie Rich, Kcee, Tom Campbell, Ben Cromack, RSK, Mark James, Damian Laird

693 posts

Posted:
https://www.residentadvisor.com.au/viewphotos.asp?i=photos/020126rainbow/RAIN109.jpgPix,
of fire-twirlers at Rainbow Serpent. I am the one in gators and short skirt on the left.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

6,978 posts

Posted:
Sweet, those are the most kickass photos i've seen of any rave. Soo nicely done + clear------------------"He shall know your ways as if born to them"-Fremen prophecy

Page: