Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Does anyone know a UK group I could check out???

Login/Join to Participate

xLessThanJakex
Total posts: 155
Posted:Hiya,if any one lives in the UK do any of you know where i could catch up with other twirlers and get some new moves or anything like that, if you could it would be a great help ... ThanxFire_Sistaxxx

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Delete Topic

flash fire
flash fire

Sporadically Prodigal
Total posts: 2758
Posted:Hey Sista,I recommend you scroll through the "meet others" section of this site. It has over 1000 entries and you can search geographically.I am willing to guarantee you will find someone to play with!check this thread too: http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001047.html------------------"she
dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 23 July 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Delete

gάrbǿ
gάrbǿ

addict
Total posts: 521
Posted:There are some WICKED groups, like parafinalia, in London. There is also a great one in Norwich called dancing flames.I agree with flash fire, check meet others.peace outgarbo
Non-Https Image Link
------------------ quote:"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

Delete

xLessThanJakex
Posted:Thanks you two you've been a great help.Happy twirling xxx.

Delete

.draevon
.draevon

Total posts: 92
Posted:If I was ever in the sunny UK, I'd be sure to pay a visit to the nice people of The Human Product.www.humanproduct.org.ukThey seem most interesting.raevonIncendium

Delete

Masaya
Total posts: 6
Posted:Hey, come to Brighton beach one weekend and you are sure to find loads of happy smiley people spinning and twirling away, one might even be me! xxxxxxxx Masaya xxxxxxxxx

xxx Masaya xxx

Delete

xLessThanJakex
Posted:Hey Brighton, I have a few twirling friends over there, I could just go down there if you know when it is or anything like that.Thanx everyoneSista

Delete

mikeyb
Total posts: 93
Posted:There's a few of us get together in Oxford on Wednesday evenings - Angel & Greyhound meadow off St Clements. If the trains were only reliable, it'd be a 20 minute journey from Reading.mikeyB

Delete

Masaya
Total posts: 6
Posted:There are always people twirling in Brighton as long as the weathers good. the main beach front {between the 2 piers} is a good start. Sunset is a good time, as is darkness when the flames come out. xxx Masaya xxx

xxx Masaya xxx

Delete

Jangla
Posted:MikeyB - you still meeting in Oxford? Just got my first set of poi and could do with some other twirlers to exchange ideas with.------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Delete

Dott
Total posts: 29
Posted:Jangla?Come tonight - we're still meeting on the Angel and Greyhound meadow from about 7:30 Wednesdays
Non-Https Image Link
)I'll be there for a bit but I won't have my toys
Non-Https Image Link
(*waves*Dott.

Delete

Jangla
Posted:Aaaahh! 24 hours to go till I can meet up with some local twirlers! Kinda nervous about the whole thing but I'm sure it'll all be hunkey dorey (did I just day that!?). Got the 5 beat weave down to a tee so all I gotta do now is get the same backwards before I start on the behind the back stuff!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Delete

Dott
Total posts: 29
Posted:Looking forward to meeting you, Jangla! We can both get frustrated at the 5beat btb weave for the evening
Non-Https Image Link
.Reminder for anyone else - Angel and Greyhound meadow, Oxford, Wednesdays from 7:30. We'll be moving to an indoor venue in a few weeks but I'll post about that here when we do
Non-Https Image Link
. Hope to see loads of ya there!!!
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Jangla
Posted:The btb stuff has been doing my nut in! Can only just manage a simple cross over at the mo but getting better (just hope my nose stays the same shape after the bettering it has taken over the last few days!). Even btb butterfly's seem just beyond me!Think it's just my general technique that needs tidying up but practise, practise, practise!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

Delete

Daryl
Total posts: 5
Posted:Im looking for somewhere in the reading area too!!I have been to the club in Brixton on a wednesday night which was good just a very long way to go!Maybe if there is enough people a new club in Reading would be good????!!!!!!!

Delete

Sin
Total posts: 2
Posted:daryl,I live in reading and am well up for that!

Delete

GoaFire
Total posts: 71
Posted:i dont mean to moan....but its not fair...*sobs* hehe...i live in leeds n there is fuck all here....theres 1 person that i know of on here that lives in leeds...but hes away on some marvelous holiday in the sun....dont blame him really...but there is no where and no one to meet up with n practice/play with.....*sniff*and its not so easy for me to get down to oxford...or london for that matter...
Non-Https Image Link
GoaFire

Delete