• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Breizzze

Total posts: 7
Posted:how should I store my fire poi between uses, to keep them at their best for each use?

Delete Topic

Breizzze

Posted:I'm amazed!
I'm fairly new to this site and not one person actually replied to this simple request???
Have I ofended someone if so please tell me and I'll do what I can to put it right but please dont ignore me.
Yes I have done a search but this site isn't the easiest to work ur way round when ur new and there is a lot of it so can some one please give me a simple answer - it would be greatly appreciated
BREIZZZE
XXXXXXXX

Delete

FlameChild
SILVER Member since Jun 2002

FlameChild

Pyromantic

Total posts: 136
Posted:Keep'em moist all the time.. I keep my wicks wrapped in plastic in a metal container, and once in a while i soak them a bit in fuel.

I can't understand that it should be so difficult, to find a thread where this is discussed.

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-

Delete

Breizzze

Posted:Thank you

Delete

JinX

mushroom collector

Total posts: 208
Posted:i think no one replied because it makes no diff how you keep your poi.

like flamechild i keep mine in a plastic but only because if you just keep them in the bag with your other stuff it tends to get everything else F#$%ing dirty.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

squarefish
SILVER Member since Sep 2002

(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)

Total posts: 403
Posted:Yes it does make a difference, everyone likes the look but not the smell.
Get yourself an army surplus ammo box with a snap down lid. These have a rubber seal around the top, originaly to keep moisture out but work eqully well at keeping fuel vapours in.
Theres enough space to store your poi, small tools, mini fire extinguisher (kitchen type), damping off cloths and a fine big two litre container of your favourite fuel.
Lash a strap to the top, give it a lick of paint, keep the outside clean of fuel, and you can ride on the bus without people sniffing at you and making funny faces.

(remember folks, recycling the war detritus can only be good for the soul,
"swords into ploughshares" gettit?)

Delete

Fire Mama

Total posts: 53
Posted:Well put Squarefish.

Thru meditation I program my heart to beat break beats and hum bass lines on exhilation....

Delete

Charles
BRONZE Member since Jun 2001

Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer

Total posts: 3989
Posted:Do they make those ammo boxes for missiles or rocket launchers too?

Then I could fit my staff in them.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:I wear black, carry dirty poi in my pockets, and love smelling like an arsonist, I gotta zippo with the wick pulled out so it has a huge flame...

I am a tramp.

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

squarefish

Posted:oh dear lord what have I started ???

You've really got me goin now folks! once I start talking it usuall doesn't stop till I get hit in the head...please don't...

INFERNO: the largest ammo boxes I've seen are for 105mm artillery shells, these measure 34cm x 65cm x 19cm, not very big at all and without the snazy rubber seal that makes the other so cool.

Heres an idea though: why not get a length of Waven pipe (or similar heavy duty plastic pipe) long enough to put your staff in. Close one end offf with a disc piece of plastic sheet (3mm thick or heavier). Seal it with epoxy resin + fiberglass for doing repairs on boat bodies.

Now make a cover for the other end about 15cm long, make it snug with the outside of the other tube (plastic pipe is normally sold in "nesting" sizes with the next largest just fitting around the size before), this will help to keep them stinky vapours in there, not out here.

if the tubes are not quite snug build up the diameter of the inner one with bit of silicon sealant in a ring around for about 1.5 cm in pipe length. (MAKE SURE TO ROUGHEN PIPE SURFACE BEFORE PUTTING ON SEALANT) Trim to fit.

Sand down the outside, give it a red+black spraybomb paintjob, attach a strap and you're ready to roll!

Delete

squarefish

Posted:Can someone tell me how to put up pics on this bulletin board? all my explainations have diagrams and designs to accompany them and would make the whole process of sharing a lot easier!

Delete