Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Throwing poi in the air and catching on your leg

Login/Join to Participate

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I was trying out some air-poi moves in the backyard this afternoon, and I figured out something that I have never seen before. Then again, someone has almost definitely thought of this already, but I feel I'm doing a service for the community by posting it for all to see. tongue Anyways, on to the move...Throw the poi in the air, high enough so that the tail is vertical on the way down. Then, when it gets about chest height, kick sideways so that you hit the string with some part of your leg. It should wrap around a bit, enough for it to stop falling. I tried this a few times, but I only got it to work once or twice. But still, I think it has some promise.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
odd...I've been doing this recently too.. good when it flows eh? I'm from Brisbane way...we should meet up smile

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
ED- your insane keep practising and show me when you're next in loganApril- where in bris?beth

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Hey April, you had to come along and spoil my fun didn't you? Here I am thinking I'm original, but you had to burst my bubble didt ya winkI also fluked a move where you throw them both in the air then catch them in opposite hands. I could only do it once. Rather strange actually because I just did it on an impulse, but when i tried to think about it, my body decided to uncoordinate.And I'm sorry bethany but unfortunately I'm never in Logan, so I guess i won't be able to show you. frown

UrinalCakemember
6 posts

Posted:
endangeredsanity, when u showed me it the other day the poi just went flyin, cause u kicked the living stuff outta it :Please april can do it.....

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Hey man, gimme a break. It's way harder when the tails are loose. Not only that, I was in my school uniform, not exactly ideal poiin clothes. Just gimme a little more time to practice smile[This message has been edited by Endangered Sanity (edited 13 September 2001).]

UrinalCakemember
6 posts

Posted:
oh well....i wish i were kewl like ubut that will never happen.goddam ES u edited your msg......sneaky, very sneaky[This message has been edited by UrinalCake (edited 13 September 2001).]

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
So did you Mr. Cake. So dont go calling me sneaky grin

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
You guys are so cool, it's scary

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
My mate does that one.. (throw into air and catch with opposites) .. I did it once... or twice... then my brain said hey you can't do that and I dropped em...working on it though wink

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

UrinalCakemember
6 posts

Posted:
Oh Mrs. Sanity when will u learn..... tisk tisk tisk

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
No need to descend to insults, Urinal Cake. Stop being a poo bum wee wee grin

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
splat - i think the way to do it is pretend you're not doing it. Pretend you're eating an apple or something. That way, when you do it, your brain will think its eating an apple, so it wont stop you, and you will be able to do it without your brain interfering with the whole operation smile