Forums > Social Chat > Am I a lonley twirler?

Login/Join to Participate

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Hello people!Well I am totally new to all this fire twirly stuff and am so determined to learn! Trouble is, I don't know ANYONE personally who does staff or poi!! Therefore, I have nobody to give me tips or to twirl with me! So i was wondering if anyone out there has abit of advice for me on staff? Also is there anyone who lives in the s.w. england area who twires aswell so i don't feel so isolated down here in Cornwall?Cheers, and i look forward to hearing from you!KRISSYx ;-)

MalcolmSAPPHIRE Member
HOP admin
1,056 posts

Posted:
GoldenKrispy,Welcome to the site
Non-Https Image Link
You should try looking up "england" in the meet others database.We do have some advice lessons on this site. But I know it is a lot easier and fun to learn from/with someone.If you can not find someone I suggest getting out there and being seen trying it. Someone is sure to come up to you and say "how do you do that?", "what is it?" tell them what you know and ask if they want to learn. I always have spare practice gear with me just for that reason. Bec and Elke McConnell have a book on staff twirling which is great for beginners.Otherwise there are heaps of friendly people here, in the bulletin board, who can help with more specific questions.What aspect of Staff do you want advice on?RegardsMalcolm

May your balls always burn

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the advice Malcolm!I need to learn abit more before i actually get out there and light up though, because at the moment i don't look to impressive! I'l keep practising!Also, would u recommend using glowsticks first if i am not so confident with fire just yet? Or just dive straight in with fire? thanks,KRISSY

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board...damn we's got alot of newbies lately.. and i like the name..GoldenKrispy..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

MalcolmSAPPHIRE Member
HOP admin
1,056 posts

Posted:
GoldenKrispy,I would suggest twirling without fire until you are really confident with your moves. You could attach glow sticks or comet tails to the ends of your staff in the meantime.All the best
Non-Https Image Link
Malcolm

May your balls always burn

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
you can practice with unlit fire ones... they tend to hurt when you clonk yourself on the head though...

x X x Ĉ К я x X x

Posted:
I can sympatise I learn pretty much on my own. the guy that first showed me poi is a grumpy old git who does'nt want me to know any more than the basics. he only ever gets the poi out when there are good looking women about.but just finding this site helped me to learn a load more moves. Also I went to this great beach party where loads of people were getting drunk and doing poi and I got a few more moves as well as a hangover.
Non-Https Image Link

HOP Newsletter