Forums > Social Chat > Am I a lonley twirler?

Login/Join to Participate

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Hello people!Well I am totally new to all this fire twirly stuff and am so determined to learn! Trouble is, I don't know ANYONE personally who does staff or poi!! Therefore, I have nobody to give me tips or to twirl with me! So i was wondering if anyone out there has abit of advice for me on staff? Also is there anyone who lives in the s.w. england area who twires aswell so i don't feel so isolated down here in Cornwall?Cheers, and i look forward to hearing from you!KRISSYx ;-)

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the advice Malcolm!I need to learn abit more before i actually get out there and light up though, because at the moment i don't look to impressive! I'l keep practising!Also, would u recommend using glowsticks first if i am not so confident with fire just yet? Or just dive straight in with fire? thanks,KRISSY

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board...damn we's got alot of newbies lately.. and i like the name..GoldenKrispy..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
you can practice with unlit fire ones... they tend to hurt when you clonk yourself on the head though...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I can sympatise I learn pretty much on my own. the guy that first showed me poi is a grumpy old git who does'nt want me to know any more than the basics. he only ever gets the poi out when there are good looking women about.but just finding this site helped me to learn a load more moves. Also I went to this great beach party where loads of people were getting drunk and doing poi and I got a few more moves as well as a hangover. tongue