tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
people need to lighten up and stop being wussies.they need to be less serious and need to take things as they are instead of being so uptight about things.

well thats my rant i havnt been here for a while,because the computer was down at home and the blocked the forums at school

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

¿

¿

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
dude...u gotta pop a chill pill or something....here...have a beer on me

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I take it your refering to the recent discussions on Fire Breathing, Depression, and any others i may have over looked. Being a person who has taken part in these discussions, more so in the first of the two, i think everyone is conducting the discussions fine, if anything is otherwise it takes no more than a day to straighten things out. I know i'm not the only one to notice this, i remember a few others posting about how happy they are to be a part of a community where this is possible.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
i agree,dark devil..it's nice to find honest emotion,sometimes it's uplifting and happy and sometimes it's not...thats life....we can't all plaster false smiles on our faces and pretend theres nothing wrong,and maybe sharing will lead to a happy grin.....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
We can't all be shiney all the time. It'd kind of be a freaky Barbie-world if we had the plastic smile grafted onto us. People need to vent occasionally.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Good point tiamat

Things do seem to be a bit heavy lately; too many people preaching from soapboxes IMHO.

So I agree, lighten up dudes

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I think there is a good balance of silly topics and serious topics on social. We can't be silly all the time

Well if the world was a less silly place and a lot less complicated then we could be a lot more silly a lot of the time.

Right - to start the silliness off...tickles all round while being entertained by Dancing Pigs

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i blame Onewheeldave.

he's been responsible for a large portion of all this 'serious discussion' business.

i theorise that unicycles have a detrimental effect on seratonin levels, causing an unhealthy tendency toward taking things seriously.

if unicyclists had two wheels instead of one then they'd have a much more balanced outlook.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by simian:
i theorise that unicycles have a detrimental effect on seratonin levels, causing an unhealthy tendency toward taking things seriously.

Ohh! You are so, so wrong...

The fact is that riding a unicycle will take your seratonin to a whole new level- unicycling makes you happy!

On a serious note, many people in this world are far from happy, a lot of these 'serious' discussions are sharing the experiences of those who have overcome problems and are very benefical.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DarkDevil:
I take it your refering to the recent discussions on Fire Breathing, Depression, and any others i may have over looked.
ok this is the second time i've heard fire breathing mentioned as a "hot" (get it? hot, lol, i crack myself up) topic. did i miss this discussion?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
there's a thread in the help section.
prolly some in the technical area too

I only wanted to be 16... and free

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
"lighten up and stop being wussies"

Do you know how this sounds to somebody who's depressed and who's life is all going wrong? It's a slap in the face. It's like saying thier troubles are meaningless.

I'm liking seeing this forum used for true communication and seeing people in such a widespread community support each other. It's actually restored some of my interest in HoP, espicaly the social section which had taken an impressive dive into pointlessness.

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
True, Frostypaw, so...
EVERYONE GO PLAY IN THE SUN, NOT LATER, NOW!!!

-M-

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
theres always silly threads and serious threads. if you dont want a deep and heavy discussion, the solution is simple....

DONT READ IT!

and go to the other threads like i do and post stupid comments.

is that hard?! surely if a thread title was 'depression', 'exploring christianity', 'the new homophobia', 'abstinence,' 'my life sucks', to cite some examples, its pretty obvious there some very serious discussion going on, where people are venting some of there innermost secrets, fears, and morals, - sometimes they need to get something off their chest, sometimes they need HELP!

i note the irony that ive seen some members who are requesting that we lighten up have been involved in some very personal and volatile threads in the past.

HoP always goes through phases with the type of postings - serious to silly to random. it that respect its as unpredictable as us....

ok, rant over.... back to posting stupid comments.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
wouldnt riding a unicycle mean you have a greater sence of balance. i can ride a bike but rideing a unicycle is hard i never move more then a foot unless i cheat and carry the thing.

some will understand. -buddah

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flipmodius:
wouldnt riding a unicycle mean you have a greater sence of balance. i can ride a bike but rideing a unicycle is hard i never move more then a foot unless i cheat and carry the thing.
Wierd thing about riding a unicycle is that, technically, you're never in balance.

For example, going forwards your balance point is in front of the wheel and you're falling forwards whilst continually bringing the wheel beneath.

The only time you're actually balanced is on the rare occasions during a unplanned dismount when, through chance, you end up unable to fall cos you're directly over the axle; that is a most unpleasent experience up always ends in being thrown of very unpredictably.

Thankfully it's rare, it's happened to me only twice this year.

As for bike comparisons, i happily do off road stuff on a uni that would scare me ****less on a bike, purely because if you bale out on a uni, 98% of the time you'll come out on your feet, and if not you'll go to ground but land well.

Whereas a bale on a bike can be very hazardous due to the risk of landing on a bit of the bike.

Also, on a uni you can't go that fast, and on downhills, cos of the fixed crank thing, you tend to be very much in control.

this assumes you can ride well, and don't forget the helmet and wrist guards.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Djnnmember
79 posts

Posted:
personally I feel that Dentrassi is right.
Yea man -Fist in the air-

But yes sometimes even us fire spinners have our share of problems and burning everything to the ground just doesnt do it for some people after the fifth or sixth time. I mean the first time always for fun and well there the secon....opps i think i went a bit far on that one.
Actually that's now my style of releasing my issues and some of our fellow family members here could use a little help or a pat on the back.
Be nice and help someone out sometimes
Or you can go and light it up and burn you oldself and any of your problems away
Its a wonderful time to be having fun isnt it?

Djnnmember
79 posts

Posted:
I just read what I wrote and it said
"Actually thats now my style..."
which was ment to mean
"Actually thats not my style..."
But just for today I'll make an execption.hehe

"Fire Fire burning higher
Making music like a quire"-Blix