onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Thought some of you may be interested in this: -

https://www.watercure2.com/Home/default.htm

It claims that many health problems and major illnesses including asmha and depression can be resolved by drinking water.

Totally unconnectedly I've been making an effort this year to drink a lot more water (like many people, for some reason I'd almost entirely stopped drinking water and become accustomed to only drinking tea and juice etc) and I believe it has had a good effect.

So it was nice to find this site and read his theories; also nice to see someone pushing a substance from which they can't make a profit.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
I've heard about a lot of the good things water does for your body, especially when compared to soda. I used to hate drinking water, but I forced myself to drink it one summer when I had a job that required lots of physical labor and working outside. Now I prefer water to soda most of the time, though I still need it sometimes for the caffeine. Not to mention, McDonald's burgers and fries just don't taste right without Coke.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ViciousVixen:
Not to mention, McDonald's burgers and fries just don't taste right without Coke.
And they do with!?!

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
https://www.dhmo.org/

We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen F. Roberts

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
quote:
It claims that many health problems and major illnesses including asmha and depression can be resolved by drinking water
Water good, but lotsa people have died by following some of these fad "water diets"

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
Ok, what does DHMO have to do with this topic? It doesn't say on that site that it's in our drinking water. I only drink bottled water anyway.

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
Actually if you read the FAQ page ( https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
) you will see the DHMO (Dihydrogen Monoxide) is indeed in our drinking water, including all brands of commercially available bottled water.

I did not provide a link to this page to scare anyone here, however I do want to make sure people are aware of the dangers of DHMO before undertaking in any type of supposed "Water Cure". As they are exposing themselves to all of these risks as well.

We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods than others. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen F. Roberts

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
in fact,anything and everything will kill you, not to mention some erin brocovich is probably working on the problem. besides water will rule all,just get a filter if your a wussy who's afraid of dieing of water poisoning,sheesh whats the world coming to when people are making excuses like that. it seems quite pathetic

excuse my spelling and grammar i dont need to tpe good if im angry.....grr

¿

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
There was an isotope study fairly recently that revealed that a very well known and expensive brand of bottled water contained not just Uranium235 but U238 as well. I've been very cynical about the benefits of bottled water, especially after a consumer magazine blind tasted various waters and found that the nicest was plain London tap water

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Everything in moderation! Of course drinking water as opposed to fizzy teeth rotting drinks is better for you. Common sense really.

There is another danger of drinking too much water. Drinking large amounts of water and not eating enough food to provide for electrolyte (salt, potassium) replacement and energy can result in a condition called hyponatremia common among athletes and hikers who intake large quantities of water thus increasing the blood plasma and diluting the salt content, which is also lost through sweating - the amount of salt available to the body tissue can dip to dangerous levels affecting the brain, heart, and muscles and can put the individual in a coma.

If you are drinking 2 litres of water a day though, good for you! I can never drink more than a litre of fluids in a day. Besides your body tells you when you need fluids / food or not anyhow. Listen to your body. I do and thats probably why I drink way too much coffee and consume lots of sweet things! Clearly my blood sugar levels are in need of a boost

Click on this to find out the horrific side effects drinking too much water can have

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Jeez, Kat, I was almost getting worried there for a moment - nice one!

And I totally agree - everything in moderation. Besides, most of what you read about what's good for you this week is bad for you the next, and vice versa.
As a non- tea/coffee/fizzy stuff drinker I couldn't survive without my 2-3 liters of aqua a day.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Stone:
[Water good, but lotsa people have died by following some of these fad "water diets" [/QB]
Did you visit the link?

It's not a water diet- it involves no changes to your food intake whatsoever.

Beasically it's saying that many major illnesses are caused by dehydration because a lot of people drink barely any water.

It claims that many illnesses can be cured by drinking water, rather than taking the drugs commonly prescribed for them.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ViciousVixen:
Ok, what does DHMO have to do with this topic? It doesn't say on that site that it's in our drinking water. I only drink bottled water anyway.
I think you'll find that the DHMO site is a 'spoof' site, and that what it refers to as DHMO is in fact h20 (water)

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Water is great and it can lessen a great number of symptoms. But the only thing it cures is dehydration.

Make sure you are drinking at least 2L a day, 1L of which should be pure water and the other 1L can be coffee, tea, juice, even *cringe* soda-pop. Add 1L per hour of physical exercise to the 2L.

As for the claim about curing asthma, that one bugs me. People think that just because asthma can be controlled so well, it's not a serious disease. Folks, you need to carry your inhalers with you. Asthma can KILL and I've seen kids come in with oxygen saturations of 50% because of asthma (normal is 98-100%). Don't mess with asthma, OK?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Lïghtnïng:
Water is great and it can lessen a great number of symptoms. But the only thing it cures is dehydration.

The site is claiming that many diseases are actually being caused by dehydration.

If that is the case (and I'm not saying it is), then it follows that water can cure them by removing the cause i.e. dehydration.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Indeed! New reports that us of inhalers cause cateracts that greatly affect eyesight later in life! Well screw that, if you are a kid, unable to breathe you are hardly going to give a toss about reduced eyesight as a result when you are 60.

My mother turned VERY anti medication, probably as a result of her having to watch my grandmother go through withdrawel when she changed doctors and the extent of her medication was discovered. Also though, cause she suffered for years from pain and medication did not work but complementary therapies did.

There needs to be a sense of balance.

All of us juggling type peeps surely understand that!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh, I just saw the site's take on ADHD. They claim that ADHD is caused by "depletion of the brain's energy reserves by caffeine." Funny that... I had ADHD before I'd ever had caffeine. In fact, since ADHD must manifest before age 7 by definition, and caffeine exposure in very young children is pretty low, I think that theory gets blown clean out of the water.

Watch out for websites that claim that a single treatment or intervention will fix everything from AIDS to Zits.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Don't listen to Mike - he knows nada

Drinking a keg of beer every day will make you very strong and live till 150 years of age. Its true!!!

How do you know!? You read it on the net - it must be!!

- W B Yeats

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Oh, I just saw the site's take on ADHD. They claim that ADHD is caused by "depletion of the brain's energy reserves by caffeine."

I'm assuming by ADHD you're referinging to what the site calls ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)?

If so the site says that caffeine depletion is _"one of the primary causes of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). "

So they're not saying that it is the sole cause of ADD.
quote:

Watch out for websites that claim that a single treatment or intervention will fix everything from AIDS to Zits.

Also watch out that you don't dismiss everything on a site just because you quibble with one point.

I'm not saying that the site is infallible, but a lot of what's on it does make a lot of sense.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Evildmanmember
46 posts

Posted:
AWW -OWD- You took away my fun. It is all good though.

I posted that site without any additional information in order to show some people how completely true information can lead to completely false assumptions. Including such pseudo science as the various water cure sites. If these various deiseases and ailments where ever caused by dehydration, or anything directly related to water consumption itself, it is more than a little likely we would have already discovered this within the past 2-3000 years of human development.

-Stephen F. Roberts

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
evildman who funds scientific reseach into human health stuff and who gains finacially from the knowledge discovered? i don't think you can patient water, wheres the money, its all about the money.

A balanced lifestyle prevents disease, appropriate water intake is part of that, although some people would rather get sick so they can take some pills. each to their own.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Evildman:

If these various deiseases and ailments where ever caused by dehydration, or anything directly related to water consumption itself, it is more than a little likely we would have already discovered this within the past 2-3000 years of human development.

I don't see why. Humanity excells in perpetuating invalid myths for long periods of time.

Study the site, it makes some good points.

Water is a vital substance, the human body is mainly water.

Many people don't drink water, they drink tea etc which offset their water content by causing dehydration.

Thirst cannot be trusted, I know because for many years I myself barely drank any water; it is only since heavily increasing my water consumption that my sense of thirst has become realistic.

Like I said before, I'm not saying everything the site says is definitly true, just that it's worth a look for an interesting perspective on health.

It'd be a shame if someone was put off by believing that, just cos humanity hasn't sussed this out in the previous few thousand years it must be false.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32