Forums > Social Chat > Anyone in & around Perth Wester Australia

Login/Join to Participate

brenna666stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi All

Myself & partner have moved to Rockingham near Perth in WA. We are looking to see if anyone in and around the area are into Poi and if there are any events or meets that we arent aware of.

We have seen there is possibly one in Hyde Park, Perth on Tuesday nights does anyone know if this is still going as the post was pretty old.

Look forward to hearing from ya smile

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Hi. Try looking in the "Meet Others" section. Otherwise, I am pretty sure that there must be a few around. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

PoiRomancerGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
The Hyde Park Juggling Meets still happen every Tuesday around 7pm onwards. I haven't actually been there myself (yet) but I have a friend who does some contact staff-ing and he goes on a regular basis tongue2

The UWA Juggling Club also has occasion fire spinning events and has a weekly practice session every Friday.

Apart from that, I'd say the best way to meet other spinners would just be to do some spinning in a public place (not necessarily with fire mind you) and hope someone notices you. I was doing some fire poi the other night and a jogger ran over and as it turns out he'd been practicing poi for a few years tongue2

Hope this helps smile

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
www.play-learn-burn.com for all the Perth firey needs...

Agatha of Roisastranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi anyone knew where I can continue my poi lesson here in Perth, do u know where I can meet other poi dancers? I been attending Poi class in Philippine for almost 5 months but I need to stop it because we moved in here. so, I'm looking for anyone who has the same interest. thanks,

hope to hear more from you guys... have a nice day

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Might be a bit more activity here, yo: https://www.facebook.com/groups/112248745553711/

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

micahhussystranger
6 posts

Posted:
I do not there.My friend Alex is there I am sure he might know someone there.I will pass on this to him.He is on visit visa.
I will update you.