MJ12hitmanmember
3 posts

Posted:
I saw someone do something rather ignorant and disrespectful on TV the other night . Im not going to name names due to the fact i feel i will recieve some hate mail which i dont want. Well this rather ignorant person dipped his hand in fuel, sipped a bit, and blew a crappy fireball. Im not calling him ignorant because he set his hand on fire instead of using a torch (i set my palm a flame with white gas before and blew a few off my palm with lamp oil, which now that i think about was not the smartest idea )i am calling him ignorant due to the fact it was obvious he was using white gas, i could tell because instanly his hand was a flame as he lit it with a lighter. when he blew the fireball his aspiration was very poor. i was surprised the fuel even ignighted and when it did i even more surprised the unfortunate sot did not get much blow back. His control of the flame was poor and lack of respect was DEFINETLY obvious. the point i am trying to make is that people like this who do not respect the art and do not educate themselves are dangerous to themselves and to others. when something bad happens it then in turn ruins it for many other performers who respect the art and its worth, are saftey conscientious, and actively educate themselves further about the art.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hitman, did they at least give a 'don't do this at home folks' speil? that way at least people are reminded that it was a silly thing to attempt for him to attempt on tv anyhoo?
as sun of fire twirlage rises in the world, we can only face more of these issues! may firetwirling keep it's soul

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
lack of respect....stupidity...with fire its all the same thing. i only occaisonally breath due to the extremely high risk, but ive seen far too many stupid often drunk people try to impress with a crappy breath, which only proves they have not idea what they are doing.

it probably does have some negative impact for the image of fire-artists, when the only exposure some have had is watching 'worlds scariest home videos series 28' on crappy late night TV.

on the other hand, it make the rest of us look far better when we perform properly.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
only exposure some have had is watching 'worlds scariest home videos series 28' on crappy late night TV.

Hey I watch those sometimes

I did one time see a guy off of "pick a slut" (Elimadate) drink an alcoholic beverage and use a lighter to fire breath. He was trying to show off to the chick on the show. Dumbarse! He coulda liquified his lungs.

After seeing that I prayed no dumb shmuck would try it. I don't fire breath personally, but I don't want that art ruined by some average dumbarse Joe.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Vancrowmember
17 posts

Posted:
My mamma told me, not to play with fire... I agree with you, absolute. I witnessed a couple of "ignorant" persons too, and i dont like them. I'dont give a * for they health, (get what you deserve) but they often get other people in trouble. Always keep a track of the crowd, the others, and my status..
If i have a little too much beeer, i'dont take risks, pause a bit, get a grip. Dont over-estimate your own limits. I'ts not a brave thing, and i rarely do somethnig "cool", and experimental - but i dont get into trouble and thats how i like to play. Fun is fun, and party is party - enjoy it, dont risk it.

„Who lives by the sword, dies by it”

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
it was probably jackass.

those people sure are craaaaaaaazeeee!

MJ12hitmanmember
3 posts

Posted:
Yeah they gave the normal "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME." Most people i doubt would try it because they wouldnt know what fuel to use. I'm sure some idiot would decide gasoline would be a good idea. I've known people who werent properly educated who have told me they've blew fireballs with butane . My point is that the performer who did this was definetly NOT ready for this and could have hurt themselves. yes when people hurt themselves and it ruins it for the saftey minded it sucks, but i truly hate seeing people get hurt above all because they are un-educated about the medium. What i hate even worse is when bystanders are injured or killed becaused of the actions of another!