Forums > Help! > Transporting a Fire Staff

Login/Join to Participate

pepitaonfire

pepitaonfire

the hottest thing in the north to come out of the south

Total posts: 10
Posted:hello, fellow spinners!

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how best to transport a fire staff by bike. my staff is home made and so does not come apart in any way, and is about as tall as i am (about 5'5), give or take. i just purchased a bike that I'm still not too steady on (dont worry, no staff transportation until im sure i know what im doing), but ide eventually like to be able to get my staff to and from jams and such without jousting traffic or pedestrians.

if anyone travels by bike with larger toys and has any nifty ideas about either how to attach it to the bike, or how to carry the thing in some other way, ide love to know them!

Thanks, HOP peeps. happy 2011.

xox.
pepita

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".
--George Carlin

Delete Topic

burningoftheclavey
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

burningoftheclavey

lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..

Total posts: 926
Posted:Hi Pepita,
not sure how it would work on a bike, but firetoys have full length staff carry bags which you can sling over your shoulder to hang down the side of the bike.. hope this helps smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Delete

Fearpig
BRONZE Member since Sep 2003

Fearpig

member - tee hee "member"

Total posts: 279
Posted:You can either wear it strapped diagonally across your back... or you could (depending on your bike) tie it onto your crossbar so it sticks out front and back. Neither of these options is great though!

Good luck!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrdinger

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:I would go with along the length of the bike myself, it should be less in the way and not move much if you look over a shoulder or something.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete