Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > MoM/Bishop Collaboration body/ball Illusion Workshop, Berlin 5-9 October 2010

Login/Join to Participate

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

https://www.jonglierkatakomben.de/index.php?id=50&L=1

AragoRn 'Bishop' Boulanger and myself have decided to team up for a week's intensive teaching in the Juggling Center in Berlin.

October, 5th to the 9th inclusive.

five days, four hours between us of teaching each day.

We're gonna take you deeper into Illusion Based Contact and Movement than anybody ever has before in the juggling scene. With AragoRn's unique and highly impressive animation style, and my own (I call it Fractal wink ) style of Isolationism we are going to send the level of Illusion skyrocketing, as we finally have an opportunity to share our collected knowledge with anyone who would like to break the limits of what is currently out there. Expect lots of mindbending goodness.

Click the link at the top of this post for more information, Places are limited to 20.

Aragorn will be responsible for making the impossible possible.
He will mostly work on time perceptions and distortions as he teaches his highly effective form of animation style popping.
The stillness, or immobility, will be the first step. But it is to discover laws of the flow. Isolation will be a priory skill of course but we won't spend much time on this. There will be focus on global time and living movement awareness. That's how Aragorn will introduce energy changes and bring pupils to popping, ticking, strobing, matrix effects, rewind etc...

This will constitute half of the teaching day.

the following two hours will spent with myself, Ed, to bring you an acute awareness of the space around you, and the power of your own imagination to enhance the overall effect of your Contact Juggling isolations.

Emphasis will be put on spatial and body awareness, Slowing everything down, Immobility, balancing the body as a whole and culminating in precise use of individual muscles, as we methodically explore the pathways of the invisible geometry all around us and break it down into tiny, little bits only to put it back together again as we see fit. Together we will explore ways of keeping our fixed point fixed, reacting to music, using our breathing to make movement easier and more natural and effective looking, as well loads of new isolation variations and ideas.

couple the techniques taught by each of us together, and we will be able to truly make the impossible possible. Don't know where isolations can go? Let us show you. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Lukas_Blissstranger
11 posts

Posted:
Q: Is the workshop gonna be held in English, or in German???

Be the silence, surrounded by magic, and you will know what it is to be free.

"Because the people crazy enough to believe they can really change the world are the ones who actually do."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
English. smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
The link for whatever reason isnt working. Is the time schedule posted anywhere online?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'