Forums > Introductions > Hello from Orlando Florida!

Login/Join to Participate

KhaosSILVER Member
2 words "Laser Poi" The conversation just ended .
25 posts

Posted:
Name: Alex B.

Birthday (sign?): july 18, 1989! i am a cancer! haha I am a very bad thing that kills people..... or makes them itchy.... I hate my sign....

Sex: yes please... Oh wait! Male... yes thats what I meant...

Occupation(s): Slave... aspiring poi dancer

Favorite Food(s): Do I have to pick one? I mean its food.... I cook so I can pretty much make anything I want.

Favorite Color(s): red and blue, like yin and yang cept with fire and water.

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? Now do you mean African or European? There has been much research about this..... I would ask you to look at https://www.style.org/unladenswallow/
for the information on both species....

Toys: My poi! Currently that means I have some socks with some balloons full of rice in them. Fun fact! The TSA in american airports killed my poi.... =(

Hobbies other than the obvious: Having fun when I do not study.

Education: I am currently going for a BA in Computer Engineering at UCF. Engineering steals my soul away every day....

Favorite Book(s): I love Tom Clancy, HP Lovecraft, read al lof the harry potter and eragon books to date.... no twilight.....

Favorite Movie(s): Never could pick one....

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? Now this is an interesting question! Ok so while Godzilla has his "laser" breath attack you have to realize that not only does the star destroyer have hundreds of laser systems it also has a shield system. So I think we would have to arm Godzilla with laser poi. You may be asking what is that, think lightsaber + poi... and Godzilla with force powers oh yeah now its a even fight.

Favorite TV show(s): I like Mythbusters, Tosh.0 when its good, food network because I love to cook, and anime because why not.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up): There are 2 options for my life. I will either fulfill my life long dream when I was a kid, which means I will take over the world and instill peace at any and all means necessary. Or I will be come a successful engineer/poi dancer. I am leaning towards the Poi side right now...

Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Tiesto, Juno Reactor, Enigma, atreyu, avenged sevenfold, disturbed, bullet for my valentine, seriously I love music...

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big? Ma'am I can never tell I lie.... i am not able to answer that question...

Favorie ice cream flavor(s): all, seriously unless its from iron-chef.... F&$% fish flavored ice cream...

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?* Nutella.... sorry chocolate ftw

Ok now thats that is over..... I love poi dancing, I have been at it for about 2 months now where I have been practicing every day. I started about 6 months ago with a pair of glowsticks on shoe strings but never got the hang of it till I made some sock poi. I am currently waiting for my new materials in the mail and cant wait to start with my glow poi.

I am looking for people in my area to learn and explore poi with! anyone who is interested talk to me and maybe we can meet up or something!

We who know chaos do not fear it. We Embrace it and control it.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Nutella FTW! Captain Marmite will be by shortly to say a few words. Welcome to HoP!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

LaasyaBRONZE Member
Wind Dancer
126 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP! And there is nothing wrong with Cancer (being the zodiac). Cancer is a sign of water and a sign of healing. While yes, certain people may poke fun at the sign... "Oooh, you have cancer!" or "You have CRABS! hahaha" they are simply blind and ignorant to what the zodiac of cancer is and means. Spoken by a fellow Cancerian.

Congrats for winning Nutella points ^^ I also used to read Christopher Paolini's books, have you read Brisingr yet? That's been on my "to read" list since it was announced years ago lol

Impermanent are all created things;
Strive on with awareness.
- Buddha

KhaosSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
@laasya Yes I know cancer can be a good sign too. Thats why my favorite colors are Red and Blue hot like fire but flows like water. I loved Brisingr though I am still angry at him for not making it one book. I am dieing for the last book in the series... though there is no clue to when it will be finished....

thank you all for the welcomes so far and let the nutella army form!

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP Floridian newcomer!!!!!! There are actually many different colors of yin yang's representing several things including different methods of the Tao (fun fact of the day!) including red and blue. grin

Enjoy your stay and cashew butter PWNs all... tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
*flies in on the MarmiteMobile*

Welcome to HoP! Avoid any squirrels, they are out to get everyone! Especially people who eat Nutella, which contains nuts. Which squirrels eat.

I would have thought that Comp Eng would be a science subject, not a BA?

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Khaos Fun fact! The TSA in american airports killed my poi.... =(

Haha...While flying home a bit ago, I checked two collapsable hula hoops...by the reaction of the TSA guys, you would have thought I had a head in a bag...down with TSA! Up with fun toys! smile Welcome to HoP!

Originally Posted By: KhaosSo I think we would have to arm Godzilla with laser poi. You may be asking what is that, think lightsaber + poi... and Godzilla with force powers oh yeah now its a even fight.

Now there's a great idea...laser poi!

There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer.

LaasyaBRONZE Member
Wind Dancer
126 posts

Posted:
Laser poi sounds like my new favorite weapon. Should suggest that to Nick, so the next Nick vs. Yuta video can contain another epic fight scene with bad dubbing.

khaos - I was a bit annoyed, too, when I heard he changed it from The Inheritance *Trilogy* to The Inheritance *Cycle.* Though the use of the word 'cycle' makes me wonder. I think I'll have to put down Pratchett long enough to read Brisingr lol. On the bright side though, you have something to look forward to grin

and aston, what, pray tell, is the 'MarmiteMobile,' and should I be afraid of it? wonder

- Buddha

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
LOL Marmitemobile! Win for Captain Marmite(just this once).

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP!

You should have some popcorn. It's good for you smile Do IT!

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

KhaosSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
I am deeply saddened that a google image search did not get me a Marmitemobile picture....

@aston Yeah all logical sense says it should be a BS degree but its under the BA at my school... I dont ask question I just keep on going to school... and my German Sheppard will take care of any squirrels...

@Laasya I will agree the word cycle is a bit more appealing then a quadrilogy. I am very much looking forward to the next book. He mentioned there will be a green dragon on the front so I am interested in seeing who's dragon that will be!

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
I dunno, if my alter ego is as Captain Marmite of the Squirrel Defence League, I need transport. My unicycle is too slow to respond to the world-wide crisis of squirrel infestation, so I got a friend in physics to hook me up with a new ride. Hence, the MarmiteMobile.

Either that or I have too much free time on my hands, or my coursework is sending me round the bend. wink

Khaos: Fair enough, I was just curious. smile

LaasyaBRONZE Member
Wind Dancer
126 posts

Posted:
Oooh a Green Dragon !! Well there was one more egg, wasn't there? It's probably a male dragon, since Saphira and Thorn are both females (If I'm remembering correctly).

Kays Brisingr is back on my wish list. Along with crystal poi, a levitating wand, and a hipsack. I can already hear my bank account crying...

Aston... I do believe pictures of this MarmiteMobile are in order shocked

- Buddha

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Flowtoys are fun and pretty, but I warn you they're addictive! laugh3

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Sorry, but that information is classified. wink

Or until I get someone who can actually draw to do a picture. I would be happy for any concept art though. smile

LaasyaBRONZE Member
Wind Dancer
126 posts

Posted:
Flowtoys will bankrupt me ;~;

aston... I will hold you to that grin

- Buddha

KhaosSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
@Laasya I hope it is a male dragon! The race will be saved! Though thats way to predictable... I just bought some glowing poi heads and some cole cord for some new poi I am waiting for..... my bank account is always crying being a college student...

@aston I swear if I wake up and see a MarmiteMobile with squirrels driving it outside my house i am going to have to fight you off with my laser poi...

Does anyone know how long it takes a package to get from new zealand to america?

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Nonono.... The squirrels will avoid it. If it was a NutellaMobile they would go for it, since they like nuts.