Forums > Introductions > Samwise joining HOP forums- Took my time

Login/Join to Participate

Cool SamwiseBRONZE Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Ok so I have been twirling and perusing these forums for long enough, I figured it was about time I joined them.

So I'm Sam or Samwise or Sammy, or "HEY YOU! BLUE HAIR CHICK! YOUR HAIR IS ON FIRE" works too (yeah it has happened). And yes my hair is very blue. Off-sets the red of the flames... tongue2
Sydney twirler (although having to move to Canberra next year for uni ARGH CANBERRA TWIRLERS PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME!!)

Im 22 and born of the fishies (which is ironic because i love the water, but HATE fish and things that live in the water, they creep me out! All those scales and fins and creepy legs and things *shudder*)
Currently I am an office lackey, but as said before, starting my postgrad degree in Archaeology next year at ANU in Canberra (which I guess covers the 'what i want to be when I grow up question: INDIANA JONES! tongue2 Or not really, more cultural heritage stuff in Australia)

Food, hmmm. CHEESE!!!! I am a firm believer of the fact that crackers are simply a cheese delivery mechanism, and only used when one must effect a slight air of etiquette for some reason. I could eat ginger nut cookies until my teeth break (the good arnotts ones, not the dodgy no-name brands, they are way too easy to chew). Oh and anything Salt and vinegar should be worshipped. And there is nothing that tomato sauce can't improve the flavour of.

I am blue. My hair is blue, my clothes are blue, my poi (non-fire ones) are blue, my hoops are blue... Subtle enough?

Im sure every monty python joke under the sun has been made, so I am going to say that stuff the swallows, send your coconuts by plane, its faster and raises less debate.

I mainly poi and have been for a few years now, but dabble in hooping and staff (with a high degree of mediocrity). Other than set myself and others on fire, or throwing hoola hoops at people (last night i stuff up a trick and accidently/on purpose managed to play hoopla with 1 of my friends when it freakishly went over her without hitting her), I like to run around crazily, kick things in Taekwondo, go doofing (bush parties), read anything I can get my hands on and you can often find me in a pub in Newtown having a few ciders with mates or failing badly at pub trivia.

My movie and Tv choices are normally sci-fi/fantasy based (as are my choices in reading predominately). And who doesn't love a ridiculous british comedy every now and again? Bernard Black, oh how I love thee. let me count the ways.

Godzilla is creepy, all those scales and things yuck yuck yuck. Star wars all the way. Because they are awesome ok? That is all the mental powers of persuasion I can exert at the moment whilst typing this at work.

Music choices involve a high degree of psy trance, other trance (as long as it doesnt go anywhere near the line of hard-style), bit of metal, industrial, EBM and harder variations of rock. That said, anything with a classical violin in it, or a decent female vocalist singing about something meaningful will melt my mind.

As long as my bum FITS in the pants, its not too big. Otherwise, time to throw out the pants and pretend they never existed. *dusts hands* Problem solved.

Vanilla or cookies and cream. Mmmm cookies.

I am Australian. I eat my vegemite like it is peanut butter.
That is all.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Heya! Welcome to HoP! hug

Ever tried to get blue flames? *opens can of worms*

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hiya welcome to HoP wave
to answer Hamamelis use copper chloride and Meths wink laugh3

Orange is the way forward!!!

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LkLjourneyman
79 posts

Posted:
blue hair is always perdy.
I also want to be an indiana jones type figure myself!

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
woop for Indiana Jones types!

I either wanna be one too or be the guy who works out what they've found exactly tongue2

And may I say, for someone so blue, you seem most cheerful and bouncy tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark