JAMES BROWNstranger
2 posts

Posted:
well yep, im a noob, noob to poi, have dabbled with a staff before, and never really got ym head around it, ha ha! i've cracked whips and have always wanted to get into poi, but have never known anyone who has done it to teach me anything about it! so here i am!

im 22, live in perth, real name james, into motorbikes, ride a 2009 R1, play squash, dont have many friends here in perth yet, willing and happy to meet new people, born in melb, 10 years in alice springs, and 6 years in adelaide, and now love perth to pieces! oh, and ahhh VEGEMITE!!!! all the way, on toast, although nutella is very close, much more versatile, can be done without toast, on just bread, on a spoon, on your finger, toast, sandwhiches, grilled with cheese, ha ha, very versatile, infact, i'll change my mind, NUTELLA all the way!!! eitherway, my religious beliefs do not lay in the hands of the creators of said spreads!

feel free to drop a line, would love to hear from anyone with any sorta information... BTW... has n e one tried a UV strobe light white poi, and UV sunnies? this effect is really effective with whips, and for all the fire lovers out there, you can do whips with fire too!!!! short lived, but possible!

cheers... james!

p.s. i put this on a different thread, but i thought i would put it here too!!!

i dunno how to put this, and i am just putting it out there.

i have been cracking whips for many years, on and off, competed a little, targets, tricks and freestyle, nothing too serious, but, have learnt from a guy, mick denigan, the guy from "micks whips" in Darwin

i'd be happy to show people around perth how to crack whips, give pointers, maybe even learn from you guys, it is something which makes people stand back and watch, i dont do it enough as it draws so much attention in my street. but would be happy to do it somewhere subtle.

in return, i would love it if someone would be able to show me a few "moves" with poi, i think it would be the natural progression, but willing to give it ago.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Welcome! Welcome!

Mind the squirrels, they can bite.

I would love to take you up on the offer, but being in the wrong country this may be an issue....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland