Forums > Videos > Quick Video of Myself

Login/Join to Participate

Jablueistranger
1 post

Posted:
Hello All. Just got into Poi at a local festival . Love the feeling of flow. I just started 4 months ago and feel like im learning quick . Been skiddish on making a video but i felt like this might a good video to share with everyone and possibly get some feedback or comments . Depeneding on what you say , i might make more.

thanks

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hi Jabluei!
You are really good in such a short time! Fabulous!

The things i would suggest to develop for the next vid, or just in general practice, is perhaps to use some music, and let the dynamic of the music change the way you move the poi, and free up your feet some too... it is good to introduce that element early in learning to spin, otherwise it gets kind of tricky to learn to move your feet and use different levels if you are used to standing still!

Have some fun exploring concepts like stalls,wraps and pendulums, things that might offer more variety into the spin...

great job, and thanks for being brave and sharing. I wish i had been as good as that in a couple of months!
smiles
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."