• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Doc Lightning
GOLD Member since May 2001

Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor

Total posts: 13920
Posted:So his weekend while I was in London I went on Saturday to a meeting of people from another community: www.airliners.net.

We're planespotters. Sort of like trainspotters except...planes. Which means that we flocked to this pub RIGHT at the downwind end of the approach runway at Heathrow.

I saw the Singapore Airlines A380 land right over the top of my head. It was awesome. And a lot of drinking. beerchug

Any other planefans on this site?

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete Topic

railspinner

railspinner

journeyman

Total posts: 99
Posted:that's interesting. I used to like drinking at this park near a hospital in halifax because it was fun to watch the helicopters come in low and land on the rooftop helipad.

one time some kids shot fireworks at the helicopter though and the cops tried to blame it on us. they poured out all our drinks, was pretty lame. Kids with fireworks can be really troublesome.

The less people know the more they believe

Delete

georgemc
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .

Total posts: 2387
Posted:Originally Posted By: Doc LightningAny other planefans on this site?
I guess I should be since they keep me employed these days!! grin
And yes I would guess I have to admit to a certain "fan-ness" from my Air Force days...
I'm looking forward to seing the Airbus at some point but I'd have to come right out and say you can't go past a helicoptor for the BEST airbourne experience (except maybe space flight which isn't routinely available just yet). Been for rides in many a different plane including jet fighters but still the best rides have been in choppers.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete

Mr Majestik
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you

Total posts: 4693
Posted:Originally Posted By: railspinnerone time some kids shot fireworks at the helicopter though and the cops tried to blame it on us. they poured out all our drinks, was pretty lame. Kids with fireworks can be really troublesome.

cry tears shed for destroyed beer.

thats pretty heartless.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

georgemc
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

georgemc

Sitting down facing forward . . .

Total posts: 2387
Posted:I saw photo's taken by one of our team of the Airbus that landed in Auckland today. Our boss got to ride in it.

It looks rather large when you really consider the scale of things...

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

Delete