Forums > Help! > Umm.. can any of the mods help me change name..?

Login/Join to Participate

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Right.. basically, back when I originally joined HoP, I tried to register under the name hamamelis..

Unfortunately, my computer crashed at just the wrong moment, and since that time hamamelis has been a name lost in the aether- it's not available for me to re-register as, but neither is it in the user list, and I can't log in as it.

Is there anything can be done about this? It's just been bugging me recently, I don't really like using a name I sorta gave up on after my teenage goff phase.
Thanks biggrin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You can change you name yourself (your display name that is).

Goto "My Home"
then click "edit" on the right of "Personal Information"
Then change "Display name" to 'hamamelis'

ubbrollsmile

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I wanna be able to log in as that though.. I only have a little brain and I get confused easy. smile

Thanks though, I may..

If that's okay with you?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Um... I dont know if thats possible umm

My login name isnt the same as my display name, can you just keep logging in with trisaidekia?
shrug

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: triskaidekia

I wanna be able to log in as that though.. I only have a little brain and I get confused easy. smile

Thanks though, I may..

You cant change your log in.

As ucof said you can change your display name, but to get a new log in you'd have to get a new account.

Having a little brain has got nowt to do with it.
You change your nmae in the little box there, and it stays like like until you change it. Nothing confusing about that surely?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Ha! And then it's another 3 years of waiting for access to our secret lush paradise, where kerosene is free and we indulge on endless summer... tongue

rolleyes *nags: yeah yeah, so you're calling the mods now huh?*

you'd only loose a year, tris... stop sissying around...

[/irony]

wink wink wink

It's actually not depending the size of your brain, but you'd have to be hung like me or a horse to get this job done tongue wink wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
not only does yer display name stay but just log in with yer current account name and click the remember me box and you dont have to use any of yer brain (cuz everyone knows you dont have to use much brain on these forums :P)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poje

not only does yer display name stay but just log in with yer current account name and click the remember me box and you dont have to use any of yer brain (cuz everyone knows you dont have to use much brain on these forums :P)

If you'll forgive me for saying, you've just given a fine example of your point. In the first post triskaidekia mentioned that this problem was precipitated by a crashed computer. It can be assumed that the strategy you suggested was used before this point.

What confuses me is why your computer crashing did anything to the username of hamamelis on HoP's server. I assume you tried to get a password recovery email? PM a mod, because that's downright peculiar.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Actually Mr Sparky I don't think there was any previous mention of the technique suggested by poje, he was just suggesting it as a work around for having to type the old, disliked user name. Triskaidekia mentioned that her computer crashed the first time she registered not when she was logging in.

There is no need to be mean or rude.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I can't even choose it as a display name, 'cos it's 'already being used by someone else frown '

Unless someone just chose it to be evil after I posted this, I'm pretty sure that would be the account I can't get into.. Is there no-one out there who can delete the old half-existing account..?

If that's okay with you?

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
Hazel, go and pester a nice mod about it. Mods can fix anything if you ask them nicely. Though I'm against this change. I just spent 10 minutes trying to memorise your old weird name! I don't need another!

ubbrollsmile

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Yeah.. but the new weird one is easier to spell..

And apparently, there aren't any nice mods.. none of them have posted on here even though I asked nicely.. wink

If that's okay with you?

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Of course there are nice mods! But it needs an Admin type to acceess Passwords etc. PM coming your way...

[PM now sent]
EDITED_BY: georgemc (1191296476)

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin