• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...1&cset=true

She did so much good and i was shocked to wake up this morning to find out the sad news.

frown ubbangel

All my thoughts are with her family and friends

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete Topic

saery

saery

Total posts: 6
Posted:Yes i was shocked too when i heard the news this morning..

thoughts with her family and close loved ones.

ubbangel

Rainbow smiles & Faery kisses

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Yeah, but she did sell out a highly "green, earthly and natural make up" company to l'Oreal of all people.

umm

Wikipedia:

Anita Roddick

The Body Shop (the company she founded)

l'Oreal - the company that bought the Body Shop

RIP still though.

Delete

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:i was wondering how long it would take for that subject to come up ubblol

Delete

steaks
SILVER Member since Dec 2005

steaks

former manc tour guide

Total posts: 1909
Posted:R.I.P.

I thought about mentioning that, but don't think this is the right place for discussions about it. Let's just keep it for remembering all the good work she did throughout her life. smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

GothFrogette

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Posted:all depends on how much you know i guess, wouldn't personaly class it as selling out, she did alot of fantastic work and alot of fantastic work is still being done through what she started, there is more to her than just the body shop,

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Yeah I understand that, but in my opinion it goes totally against the whole ethos of the body shop. umm
That "fantastic work" (any examples btw?) is directly profiting a company that most certainly does not do "fantastic work".

She was a great woman though, im not disputing that. smile

Delete

GothFrogette

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Posted:L'Oreal would not mess around with the concept of the body shop for starts, its just bad for business, and although there is a bit of double standards i am pretty sure she knew this. Nothing like trying to change things form the inside. she had a really strong dislike of the cosmetic industry and this way all of the other 'main stream' compainies would of has to take notice now, and indeed most of them have. L'Oreal are a huge brand and in the nature of cometiviness the other compaines have to step up.Plus she didn't keep all the money from the sale and used alot of it for the rest of the campainging which is what she was about.
as for the fantastic work done on behalf of the body shop, they have launched another part of the Stop Violence In the Home campaign focusing on the children who have gone through far much more than they needed to. so in my opinion its worth it. wink

Delete