WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, wondering, would fire breathing using water instead of oil yield a cloud of steam or just put out your tool?
And if it did create steam if you died the water or the fire would the steam be the same colour?

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im quite confident the water wouldnt heat up fast enough.. but i guess theres always possible ways to modify an idea smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I think you may be right.

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
this has to win some kinda "stupidest fire idea ever" contest wink

10/10 for original thinking tho... smile

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
perhaps if you got a hot enough flame, like, a very hot blowtorch or two.. though, i wouldnt be up for sticking my face anywhere near that *nod*

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: [Nx?

]
this has to win some kinda "stupidest fire idea ever" contest wink

It's definitely the best suggestion for 'substance' breathing I've ever heard though.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
How to firebreathe safely..

I always have these visions the the first shower after a firebreathing lesson sounding like a fart fest as they spray water practicing.
I think the shower would put the torch out.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ubblol ive gotta aggree with gabe there tongue

hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I like the idea, but as long as there's no Vodka in the water, I'm certain the flame would get extinguished... just take a steam pot and a valve?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
or breathe out on a cold day wink maybe if instead of a flame you had a block of ice in front of your mouth... breath is already warm and wet make the air surrounding it cold to do a steam breathe wink like all kids in cold climates do in winter.. blow steam rings ubblol

or alternatively (although still not particularly healthy) use a cigarette or something similar, you don't need to inhale just take it back into your mouth... and have a smoke breathe (which by law you cannot do inside now in the U.K rolleyes )

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

ubersmackSILVER Member
journeyman
73 posts

Posted:
The physics of how hot water has to be to become a vapor and the pressure and amount of water you would be using on such a small amount of fire would make this in all senses impossible.

You could heat up a piece of metal to some extreme temp and then blow the water on it creating some steam, but you would also have water that does not flash to steam. Not to mention this would be more than extremely dangerous to attempt and you would end up with burns all over you. So in other words dont even think of trying it. If you ever want to pursue something like this I suggest you study the effects and dangers of steam which in some cases is more dangerous than fire.
EDITED_BY: ubersmack (1184046079)

"Runs with Scissors"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
good point.

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Great idea just a shame that its not all that practical (not to mention dangerous)

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
I saw a TV program about extream weather conditions where this guy in Siberia through a glass of hot water into the air and it evaporated into a shower of ice cristals.
The only problem is i think the air temperature has to be somwhere close to -50 C which is a bit on the chilly side.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!