Forums > Social Discussion > What People Are Eating Around The World

Login/Join to Participate

Masked52member
83 posts

Posted:
You may have seen this in Time:

What people around the world are eating:

Non-Https Image Link

Ayme family from Tingo, Ecuador. Weekly expenses for food: 31,55 Dollar. Favorite food: pea flour stew with potato.

Non-Https Image Link

Caven family from American Canyon, USA. Weekly expenses for food: 159,18 Dollar. Favorite food: beef stew, berry milk shakes, ice-cream.

Non-Https Image Link

Revis family from Raleigh, USA. Weekly expenses for food: 341,98 Dollar. Favorite food: spaghetti, potato dishes, sesame chicken.

Non-Https Image Link

Casales family from Cuernavaca, Mexico. Weekly expenses for food: 1862,78 mex. Pesos (189,09 Dollar). Favorite food: pasta, pizza, chicken, crab meat.

Non-Https Image Link

Al Haggan family from Kuwait City, Kuwait. Weekly expenses for food: 63,63 Dinar (221,45 Dollar). Favorite food: nan (sesame bread).

Non-Https Image Link

Manzo family from Palermo, Italy. Weekly expenses for food: 214,36 Euro (260,11 Dollar). Favorite food: pasta, hot dogs, fish sticks.

Non-Https Image Link

Melander family from Bargteheide, Germany. Weekly expenses for food: 375,39 Euro (500,07 Dollar). Favorite food: fish, potatoes, pasta, pizza, vanilla pudding.

Non-Https Image Link

Ahmed family from Cairo, Egypt. Weekly expenses for food: 387,85 Egypt. Pound (68,53 Dollar). Favorite food: mahshi (stuffed vegetables).

Non-Https Image Link

Aboubakar family from Darfur Province, Sudan (now Breidjing refugee camp, Chad). Weekly expenses for food: 685 African Francs (1,23 Dollar). Favorite food: d'jimia (soup with fresh lamb).

Non-Https Image Link

Dong family from Beijing, China. Weekly expenses for food: 1233,76 Yuan (155,06 Dollar). Favorite food: yuxiang rousi (sweet and sour pork chops).

Non-Https Image Link

Ukita family from Kodaira, Japan. Weekly expenses for food: 37,699 Yen (317,25 Dollar). Favorite food: sashimi (raw fish), fruits, potato chips.

--------

My family would be like the Caven family. Maybe a little bit healthier. I'd like to be like the Italian or Egyptian family.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
That's a wonderful thread - thanks for posting smile

redface 500 $ for food/ week... eek not just low quality food and booze - but the prices here are just *drops out*

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
very interesting indeed! All the varieties!

But I think the prices can only be taken with a grain of salt. Sure, $500/week for food sounds expensive, but you need to take into account the cost of living in that country and the kind of salaries people are making there. That's one of the reasons I don't like people translating prices into their own currency, because it rarely reports the situation accurately.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
They could still afford to support the people from Sudan for a few weeks. Alteast until the Aboubakar's started stealing their jobs and destroying the very fabric of their society.

Sorry, no offence meant. But this is what some people (i know) really believe will happen if Sudaness (or any) refugee is "allowed" into Australia. Do they realise how little resources people have? And how fortunate most Australians are?

It discusts me. But this is not what the thread is about. Its a very interesting thread Masked52 smile

... simplify ...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
wooops - cost of living is actually reflected in the cost for those foods. Still Germans take home more, or save more than an average Sudanese family could.

Especially the Sudanese conditions are messy. Very messy to say the least. But the Sudanese economy seems to be promising...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink