• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Posted:Hey what are reliable companies that you guys have bought from? I've checked out products from Bearclaw and Luxotica, I wanted to know if these companies have good reps, and if there are other companies with good reps too.

Also, on an unrelated note, what's something that's contact ready. I don't get what that means.

Please send food!

Delete Topic

newgabe
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.

Total posts: 4030
Posted: Written by: Munkustrap

Also, on an unrelated note, what's something that's contact ready. I don't get what that means.

Context? confused
Dating site?
Alien tribe?

PS Home of Poi is pretty reliable. biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:I believe it is about the style of what you are doing. There is contact staff where the staff looks like it is stuck on you, check some mcp's videos

Is that what you were talking about?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Brieve
BRONZE Member since Jun 2007

Total posts: 15
Posted:for whips www.firewhips.com But they are back ordered 10 weeks. but they make some of the most Beautiful kevlar whips I have seen.

Delete

Posted:Yo, contact ready was applied to fire toys... I was just wondering. I was checking out some of home of poi's stuff, but their prices are a little higher than what I'd like to be spending, especially when they're in Canadian prices. I was hoping to get something in the US. Hence why I wanted to expand my options, know what I'm saying?

Please send food!

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:Nt rlly... shrug spcfy pls

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

ubersmack
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

ubersmack

journeyman

Total posts: 73
Posted:Trick concepts
Bearclaw Manufacturing
Flamma Aeterna

All in the U.S. and good companys, google and you shall receive. Trick concepts is my personal fav.

"Runs with Scissors"

Delete

Stout
SILVER Member since May 2004

Stout

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1872
Posted:Well...HoP is pretty competitively priced. You may be able to save a couple of dollars on shipping, taxes, and that annoying 5 dollar border services "paperwork" charge ( you know the one....the one where they charge you money to charge you taxes ) by buying inside Canada You'll still pay those charges ( and taxes ) importing from the US though.

Contact ready ??? my guess is that term applies to the types of handles available with some types of staves. eg, a contoured handle might not be all that contact friendly.

Delete

faith enfire
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI

Total posts: 3556
Posted:plus it is good quality here. You get what you pay for

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:Home of Poi toys are reliable, well made and worth the money you pay for them... well that's what I've found. I've never purchased anything from the companies you've named so I can't comment on them.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Cody
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

Cody

That guy from Reno

Total posts: 556
Posted:I've purchased from HOP, Bearclaw and Renegade juggling. I've been happy with all my purchases. When it comes to fire props I tend to buy form bearclaw, but I am biased cause I know the owner. Living in the US I tend to like to support US companies, but at the same time the HOP store supports the HOP site so I like to support that too. smile

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Delete

Masked52

Masked52

Total posts: 83
Posted:Bearclaw sucks. I'm sorry but it's true. The equipment looks like it was made poorly by an amateur.

Trick Concepts is by far the best for any fire equipment. And HOP for anything else, including accessories for building.

Fire eaters are the most conceited people. Especially when they're on fire. "Help me, save me, put me out, me, me, me..."

-Paolo the Fire Eater

Delete