Forums > Help! > Has anyone seen the article today on Bush?

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I'm asking because I was directed verbally towards it, read it, picked my jaw up from the floor and went on with my day. Now I want it again to foward on, and can't find it.

Essentially the numbnut is stating that he doesn't agree with the war and but still wants to go ahead and send more troupes in and continue with it confused

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
did you leave it under the bed ubbloco eek ubbrollsmile

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
*giggles* its a secret article!!! ubblol

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Sounds about right...it is not below him to do such things. I guess he figures that he has the keys to the gun cabinet and he might as well as waste a few more bullets target practicing while he come to terms with the end of his office! Now if we could just get a President like Clinton back in office to take care of the economy we would be in business!

Beyond the Continuum.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
bush is trying to appease everyone now that he's term is almost up. what an arse of a president to leave the country in such a ship state and then just up and walk away with a retirement fund.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
He might not be changing his mind: for all we know he didn't actually want the war in the first place. It's not like he actually has any say over it and I don't believe that any president in the last 30 years or so has had a lot of power.

I have no doubt that the planning for all this started long before he come to power, and maybe even before Clinton come in.

Pele, I take it that by putting this thread in help you would like someone to find it for you? In that case, can we have some clues, like was it a newspaper or magazine? we know that you read it on the 18th, but was it published then?

I'm sure it will be online, have you googled? I only ask because I wont bother if you have already.

smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sym, it was something like an AP article online. I believe it was done on the 18th. I read it on a different computer so I am not quite sure to tell you the truth.

I googled but didn't come up with anything but I just looked for Bush articles with the date.

I thought that it was a long shot but I know that several people on here read the news often so I thought I'd try. wink

Pele

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
It is quite possable to think that the president is just a puppet that had strings before he even had the title of presidency...but I would like to believe that it is not true. Though hypothetically, eversince our last attack failed against Saddam it is not hard to believe that pride could have drove the inital attack of this war...but now that Saddam is gone, what is still driving it? Some way somehow I think that the presidents are really in control over themselves, and their final decisions.
Though I do believe that there is corruption in everything, and that includes the government. Even the presidents "lie," but sometimes those Lies are just things that the president thought he could do...but it turns out it was just more complicated than he thought. Notice I said SOMETIMES.

Beyond the Continuum.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
The US has been publishing papers for the last 30 years outlining how and why it needs to take land in the middle east. It's also known that the CIA has been thinking up ways to create a 'tide of resentment' leading to support for a war that would lead to a stronger economy and secure resources. This is by creating 'terrorist' groups (the CIA created al-Qaeda in order to fight in the invasion of Afghanistan back in 1979). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubana_Flight_455#Possible_FBI_and_CIA_knowledge
for 1 example.

This is getting off topic though, so you might want to look here: (not that I've actually read that thread, but I guess it will bring up such things)

[Old link]

Dezzynewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I'd like to point out the simple fact that that is wikipedia. It isn't all that reliable.
I don't know what to think about the government and how much Bush could have had to do with the war, but all in all, I think the legislation and Judicial branches would have no beef with Bush getting out of the war, even if he's told to do otherwise. I just think not many people are dumb enough to make a large population of the US mad at you over something that you were told to do. I'd personally ignore the 'powers' above me. It's like the whole being told to jump and asking how high or if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you simply cause they said so. That's just my thoughts.

As for the article, I saw the meeting or whatever on TV and heard about it through there, but I bet you could find it if you went to any popular Newspaper's website, like the Denver Post for me.

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
I do agree with the whole wikipedia point that Dezzy brings up. And even in the link that Sym put up...it says Possable....not Proven. I am not saying that it is all a bunch of poo, just that it is not a fact. But that is getting off topic...though I really dont think that it matters that much about getting a little off topic.

Beyond the Continuum.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
As I've said, this is off topic and the thread I linked to would be a better place to carry on. It doesn't matter too much to me, but there is a thread about this stuff that would benefit from more people talking in it, rather than this thread.

If you're not happy with wikipedia (by the way, you are wrong to be unhappy with it, because in that case the page was quoting from the PDF - go and read the cited cources if you're not happy with what wikipedia says) then please give me some sources that you are happy with! Is the BBC good enough? Or will you only take what Bush says as an authority?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay, I see this going down the "bash america" road and causing some issues, so I am nipping it in the bud here. Thanks Sym for that link to the other thread. Tis appreciated..please all direct your debates that-a-way. wink And Sym, your last line there comes off very antagonist, please don't. Bush bash away but please keep the rest of us out of it. Please.

I've tried the NY Times and didn't see it. Did you try the Denver Post? Did it work?

Glad someone else knows what I'm talking about! ubblol
EDITED_BY: Pele (1169439042)

Pele

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Pele, ok, point taken, although I was only trying to point out that 'from the horses mouth' might not be a very good source when talking about cover ups. It wasn't bush bashing per se.

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: facelesshadowSounds about right...it is not below him to do such things. I guess he figures that he has the keys to the gun cabinet and he might as well as waste a few more bullets target practicing while he come to terms with the end of his office! Now if we could just get a President like Clinton back in office to take care of the economy we would be in business!

EDIT to remove clinton bash after reading Pele.
EDITED_BY: doppelGanger (1231722648)

Human

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DezzyI'd like to point out the simple fact that that is wikipedia. It isn't all that reliable.
I don't know what to think about the government and how much Bush could have had to do with the war, but all in all, I think the legislation and Judicial branches would have no beef with Bush getting out of the war, even if he's told to do otherwise. I just think not many people are dumb enough to make a large population of the US mad at you over something that you were told to do. I'd personally ignore the 'powers' above me. It's like the whole being told to jump and asking how high or if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you simply cause they said so. That's just my thoughts.

As for the article, I saw the meeting or whatever on TV and heard about it through there, but I bet you could find it if you went to any popular Newspaper's website, like the Denver Post for me.

Um, wiki is right on with that one whether anyone wants to believe it or not. Tim Osmone anyone? wink I think a few of you will get that.

Human