• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > This one is highly disturbing

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:News by CNN

Don't want to drag this smut into the HoP-forum, pls read the corresponding article there... Pls do so only after a good and solid breakfast.

Find me speechless eek eek eek eek

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete Topic

JTSpinner
SILVER Member since Aug 2006

JTSpinner

Learnin About Burnin

Total posts: 385
Posted:My two cents worth:

My viewpoint on this whole issue and matter may seem to some to be very "casual" and uncaring and let me say in advance that I do not take these types of cases lightly.

I spend my time trying to joke and maintain a sense of humor while working with the exact type of people who committed this act every single day of my life for the last 19 years. I have the "privilige" of reading the life stories of the type of person who commits these acts and some far far worse. In order to maintain my sanity in that type of enviornment, I must learn to accept them and to look at the REASONS they do these things. In Michigan, we do not have a death penalty and so they will spend their time "paying back society" in prison. Locking someone away for the rest of their life is not always (in fact seldom is) the answer to the problem. The truth is that these "men", even if they are tried as adults, will probably get Probation and possibly at the worst get 5 to 10 years and if they can act right while in prison, will probably only serve 2 to 3 years of that sentence. The Wisconsin Correctional Department is in the same situation as all of the other Correctional Departments in the U.S.; overcrowded, understaffed and full of violence and problems. These gangs that a lot of these kids are coming from are causing an overload in the system because they are so uncaring of others and do not respect anyone including themselves. FS, you are right when you say they are lacking in self esteem and integrity. They also lack parental guidance and caring in 90% of the cases. When they come to prison, we have a saying: We become their "Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle, Preacher, Teacher" and everything else that they should have gotten before they came there. It gets harder and harder to deal with them everyday because they are getting younger, meaner and have less respect for others than any other generation that myself or any of the other seasoned Officers have seen before. They grew up getting everything (even if they had to take it). They have grown up with computers, satellite tv, the internet, vcrs, dvds and all of the things that have made life simpler. They are a "gimme" generation and someone has always given to them in one way or another. This crosses economic lines as well. It is not just the "deprived" or poor in this country; we see more and more of the ones who had chances for an education, cars, money in their pocket and couldn't have wanted for anything because their parents always gave it to them.

If anyone takes offense to anything I've said, I apologize for that right now. I probably went on longer than I needed to, but I had to get it off of my chest. If anyone has any questions or anything else aimed at me, please feel free to PM me right here at HOP and I will answer you as soon as I can (which I am usually in here everyday and a copy of my PMs also get sent directly to my E-Mail address).

I can understand something of this nature making you all sick and disgusting you. What I find even more disgusting is the fact that the News Channels in this country seem to have an attraction to dirt and never seem to get around to publishing anything of a positive nature. I can hardly stand to watch tv or read the paper anymore because I have to tolerate, deal with and hear about all negative things at work. soapbox soapbox soapbox

As far as being a parent today: I have a 31 year old son who has 2 boys (6 and 7) who were taken away from their mother for neglect. They are my grandchildren and I will do everything I can to help them understand what is wrong and what is right and raise them in a firm but fair manner. I have a 25 year old daughter who has my 9 year old granddaughter, my 1 1/2 year old grandson and is expecting her 3rd (not sure what yet) child. I have a 22 year old daughter who gets married next June and hopes to raise a family with her husband. I would not trade any of my kids or grandchildren for anything in this world. My wife and I tried to raise our children to not run from the problems in this world, but to try to understand them and deal with them. We made a lot of mistakes, in fact I almost sent my son to prison for some of the stupid crap he was getting into and he could have gone there, but he changed his ways in time and now has a decent job. My oldest daughter got pregnant at 16 and I could have thrown her out of the house (I was ready to, that was my first instinct) and now she is happily married and finishes College with her Bachelors in Education in December. Parents make mistakes, but the biggest one as far as I am concerned would be in not becoming one if the chance were to arise.

Live Life, Enjoy Life, keep on spinning or juggling or whatever it is that makes you smile and happy. I will continue to post snide and silly remarks her at HOP as long as I can and am allowed to. bounce bounce2 thankx bounce2 bounce

I may be crazy but I ain't stupid

Life is to short to waste it on stupidity

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Total posts: 4728
Posted:It's the uncle that I would personally love to draw and quarter!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:Somehow I am amazed: Are we seperating into the stereotypical "perpetrator and victim" here? I can't quite share this view. IMHO this is more complex and all participants urgently need psychological assistance/ theraphy. This event will remain in their memories and certainly effect their future.

Fyrespirit I understand your position, but it's two dimensional... This will neither heal the scars in the participants' minds and hearts, nor prevent something like it from happening again.

Further I find it extremely scary that Fellatio is considered "not sex" in the minds of many youngsters. Ultimatively this opens the gate for further spread of HIV or other STD's.

JTFreeman: I like your post...

Delete

Mascot

Mascot

enthusiast

Total posts: 301
Posted:My first reaction to the article was revulsion (in common with most people I would hope) and then anger. What those men did is sick and wrong.

Once my initial feelings had passed I asked myself what could be done to prevent such things in the future. This particular thing has already happened and no amount of criminal justice can undo it. The arguements for criminal justice are that it will deter others would be rapists in the future, and keep these particular rapists off the streets.

Unfortunately with so many people in this world, there will always be a tiny minority who are willing and capable of paedophilia and rape and that little can be done to stop them. We simply cannot protect every child from every potential paedophile.

The questions we should be asking are "Is this an isolated case or symptomatic of a wider problem"?

"Is this problem getting worse or better"?

"What can be done about this (within reason)"?

EDITED_BY: the boy g (1158072694)

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Total posts: 4728
Posted: Written by: FireTom

Somehow I am amazed: Are we seperating into the stereotypical "perpetrator and victim" here? umm I can't quite share this view. IMHO this is more complex and all participants urgently need psychological assistance/ theraphy. This event will remain in their memories and certainly effect their future.

Fyrespirit I understand your position, but it's two dimensional... This will neither heal the scars in the participants' minds and hearts, nor prevent something like it from happening again.

Further I find it extremely scary that Fellatio is considered "not sex" in the minds of many youngsters. Ultimatively this opens the gate for further spread of HIV or other STD's.

JTFreeman: thankx I like your post...

I know that my attitude doesn't help anything.

It' the instinctual, gut reaction of a mother.
Nothing more, nothing less.

In this case, I don't care to analyze and interpret.
As a criminal justice student I know what will probably be the results in this case. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

You cannot understand the fierce protectiveness of a mother unless you are one.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:hug @ fyrespirit - no offence! I truely have all kinds of compassion for you and your reaction, trust me on this one. I do have a 4yr old daughter...

@ boy g: those, who participated in this event have been minors of age 15 +/- Certainly the role of this 40yr old man will be considered... umm mad2 censored

I am not implicating that I trust the informations given in the article, but if they are correct, there was no rape - she "performed" out of free will...

Even more disturbing......... frown

Delete

Meeko_Kiddo
SILVER Member since Sep 2006

Meeko_Kiddo

journeyman

Total posts: 84
Posted: Written by: jtfreeman

Parents make mistakes, but the biggest one as far as I am concerned would be in not becoming one if the chance were to arise.

Wow, that is the BEST statement I think I have heard in a long time. Im not a perfect parent by any means, but I look back and think of the choices I could of made when I became pregnant at 19... and I do not believe that adoption or abortion would of ever been the correct choice for me... because being a parent is the best experience that I can ever have, and I would never change it for the world.

Delete

Triptoe

Total posts: 71
Posted:eek eek eek so sick and sooo wrong!! i can't believe it!!!

-I love goats and cheesecake-

Delete

Page: 12