Forums > Social Chat > fire spinning while pole dancing

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
all i can say is its about time

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

kashGOLD Member
Dangerous cynic
166 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NOn

And yes poledancing is apparently quite a good way of keeping fit and improves self-confidence, although reports from an actual former-poledancer suggest that it also kills your feet. smile

Indeed it is an excellent workout, when I danced professionally the weight just fell off me. But they dancing 8 hours a night every night is going to do that.
It only kills your feet if you are wearing bad shoes, or trying to dance on stilletto heels rather than toes. If you are using the pole properly (i.e. doing spins, grabs, turning upside down with no hands, rather than just wiggling about) you also get phenomenal bruises, especially on the inside of the legs.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Workshops anyone...?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:

If you are using the pole properly (i.e. doing spins, grabs, turning upside down with no hands, rather than just wiggling about) you also get phenomenal bruises, especially on the inside of the legs.

Crikey.

What happens if you use the pole badly??

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Gabe. This is where a Jesus or a Matrix will come in handy...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
ubblol

OK Now I wanna see a pole dancer matrix the pole. THAT would be worth it!! Specially if one of them was on fire...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The pole or the firedancer?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Either!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: kash

And yes poledancing is apparently quite a good way of keeping fit and improves self-confidence, although reports from an actual former-poledancer suggest that it also kills your feet. smile

Indeed it is an excellent workout, when I danced professionally the weight just fell off me. But they dancing 8 hours a night every night is going to do that.
It only kills your feet if you are wearing bad shoes, or trying to dance on stilletto heels rather than toes. If you are using the pole properly (i.e. doing spins, grabs, turning upside down with no hands, rather than just wiggling about) you also get phenomenal bruises, especially on the inside of the legs.

wow! that does sound like hard work, but i think this was more seedy backstreet fancy bum wiggling in stilettos kind of pole dancing, hence the bad feet...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
mmmm weird. i pole dance, and i spin fire - but i would never have thought of doing both at once...

if i could be a busy busy bee...

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Just started pole dancing a few weeks ago. Now my aim is to be able to hang upside down from my ankles and do a few basic poi moves!!!

I'm slowly getting there smile

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
i am an ex pole dancer , never really thought about combining the two!

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ummmm i think we need some videos of you ladies pole dancing.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
i have some.. i'll post at some point..they are clean!

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
mmmh, never mind... rolleyes

wink wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Ha ha. All you need is video footage of the giant bruises on my thighs to put you off! Hanging from the pole gives you crazily big bruises.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
ooo i have a nice shoulder one.. it's massive!

Formally known as kat224

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
...heh heh heh......

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
As a trained pole dancer...I'm not sure I would try mixing fire and pole. It takes enough concentration as it stands to hang upside down by nothing more than your ankles in a waterfall...I'll skip throwing in the fire with it.

As for the bruises...dear sweet baby jesus! I tended to get more pole burns though rather than bruises. The tops of my feet still have tonnes of pole burn scars.

I remember the day after I first tried pole, I could hardly lift a pop can, no lie.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Had my first go at balancing last night. OMG. The pain in my thighs today is crazy!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Hottest....thread...ever

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
^^^

It's only racy if you want it to be. Pole can be very artistic just like poi can be dead sexy.
EDITED_BY: Fireina (1191431745)

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Def agree with that

My only experience of pole dancing was on holiday in Turkey 4 yrs ago - I was on my own and hooked up with a couple of girlies for an organised bar-crawl. One of the girls put me in for the pole-dancing competition as a laugh and I won! The bottle of booze went someway to reducing the pain in my muscles but I really enjoyed it and have always fancied taking it up - bit short on classes in Northwich tho' ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hmm... I can see how it would work in some instances, but overall, I think would be just impractical. It takes enough effort not to fall off.

And whilst we seem to be on the theme of pole dancing injuries, I pulled the muscle in the left side of my neck, no classes for me for over a week, and it still hurts. Its annoying as I've already paid for the classes.

Oh, and don't get me started on pole burn...
EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1191716818)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
tee hee hee hee

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
Argh Pole burn!!!

Have been back in training recently and have a HUGE bruise on my shoulder from the lock and the shoulder mount!

For anyone who thinks it's sleezy and smutty.. your wrong it's blinkin hard work!!

Formally known as kat224

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i bet it is, My favorite is when yer holding yerself up there then like make the pole rest behind you on yer shoulder, then you kinda spiral around. thats sweet.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*bump* Ive been pole dancing since July now and this is the closest thing to a thread ive found on HoP - just wanted to see if there are any other pole dancers out there and what kind of stuff you're up to... xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah i have been doing classes for a while.
It is so so much fun and the closest thing i can find to doing aerials in my city.

I really love it and by George is it a good work out for the upper body and abs. I remember the day after my first class i could barely lift my arms to put on a t-shirt.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Oh Also i think there may be a thread in the other toys section but I'm not sure what the title was and i can't seem to find it either.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Page: