the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
Hey guys and gals, will anybody be at manchester gay pride in august? I'm going with a group of friends as an alternative to creamfields because we have all decided we can't actually afford to go now. so pride comes as a marvellous alternative!

Just wondering if any HoPpers will be there, straight or gay?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll be there. In the process of negotiating a fee for spinning at the Poptastic event at Pride... (Still dunno how much to charge!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
speaking of manchester & gay, is gazzabee still around? haven't seen him post in ages

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

1,286 posts

Posted:
just ask them to pay you in green and blacks neon! what day are you gonna be there hun? any other HoPpers going with you?

O.B.E.S.E.

absinthe_fireSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
When is the gay pride on til? If its still on i'm way up for going! I bought rainbow LED poi and rainbow tailed poi that'll do just fine lol.

"Did you see that? It just flew right up my nose!"

1,286 posts

Posted:
it's on around august bank holiday. i'll look out for those rainbow poi. i think i might just take my socks, but get some glow ballz for them, i always end up annoying people with tails, usually cause i hit people with them!

O.B.E.S.E.

absinthe_fireSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
gutted! i'm in germany around then on work experience *starts to cry* WHYYY! Is it on over a week or something? I shall check and research!

"Did you see that? It just flew right up my nose!"

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi i will be there and im also thinking about getting a club to get me to work over pride, uim thinking about going around one or two clubs and seeign if they will pay bout tenner an hour for my services over prode but i think you best get in there asap

hey just had an idea why dont we see if we can get into the actual parade... we dnt have to have a float or anything but we can get spinners and uni cyclists etc i think tht could be fun

il find out how much it costs to join shall i?

thanks for burning with me

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Manchester Pride (not sure why its called that when it's normally called Mardi Gras) is on August Bank Holiday weekend.
The parties begin on the Firday night (25th Aug); the parade is on the Saturday usually around noon some time. The core of the vilage is cordoned off from the friday afternoon until early tuesday morning. There is also a host of things going on over the whole of the weekend culminating in the end party on the monday night (which often lasts the entire night).

I will not be able to make Pride this year, owing to my presence being required at a wedding in Kendal that weekend.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i think we could also ask to do a bit of a performance before the candle lit vigil on the monday night as well if we can get a few of us to do a burn and show our respects i think tht will go down a treat also

the candle lit vigil is held on the last night of pride where everyone who has lost a partnr or a friend to hiv and aids goes to sackville park, everyone has a candle and they light it and remember their loved ones. this is why i think a slow respectful burn may be suitable

what do ppl think

1,286 posts

Posted:
that could work. i don't spin fire yet, but i think it would be a good thing.

O.B.E.S.E.

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
OK well were too late for the parade and we would have had to pay £1250 to be a part of it anyways but im chasing up the candle lit vigil..... il keep u updated

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Oh ok I should have checked here befor I sent you that pm lee ubbrollsmile teehehe

I think I might go actually, its later than I thought 25th august ish, might even convince a freind of mine who wanted to go earlyer but changed his mind to come after all.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
ok i think the candle lit vigil is also out of the Question aas the people organising it havent got back to me so they now got 12 mnths of moaning and organising for next yr

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
hey just a quickie wink

does anyone want to do a mimi meet/ display at pride this year i know a few people who are definatly up for it! so if you are please let me know ubbangel ubbangel

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

1,286 posts

Posted:
that'd be cool. let me know which day, where and what time, and i'll do my best to get there!

O.B.E.S.E.