• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12
Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:Evening. How goes stuff and/or things?

OK Ive already emailed quite a few people about this. But its been pointed out to me, by several lovely HoP people, that I should post it on here and get your help too hug

I bet you're wondering why Ive gathered you all here. So I'll cut straight to the chase. No beating around the bush for me. Nope. Definitely not. I'll get right to it. You'll be alarmed at just how fast I get to the subject. "Whoo, that was fast!" You'll exclaim. Thats how fast it'll be. One second we'll be here talking of stuff and things, next we'll be right on the subject. Like a flash. Quick as anything...

Erm what was I talking about?

confused

Oh right, the point.

Well a few weeks ago I entered one of my paintings in an art competition. 1st prize to get said painting on the cover of an art supplies catalogue that gets mailed to thousands or, possibly even dozens, of people all over the place. Plus the winner also gets 100 worth of art materials. Which I could really do with....

Now I've never entered my stuff into anything before, because, well you all know what Im like. I have no confidence in my abilities. But on a whim (although I did put it off for a good many months) I sent in my bush baby painting. Didn't really think I stood a chance etc, etc...

So on Saturday morning, I was really, really surprised to get a letter from them saying that my painting had been shortlisted. And that it will be on display on their website for people to vote for until 20th August

Well anyway, I was wondering, if it wasn't too much trouble, could you go to the site and vote for my painting? It says that you can pick your top 3. And all of them can be examined closely by clicking on them. It's up to you what you vote for really. Obviously I'd prefer it if you picked mine for 1st choice. But it's entirely up to you.

Ok the address for the shortlist is:

'http://www.artsupplies.co.uk/covercomp'

And mine is the bush baby one:

Non-Https Image Link

and can be found on the 6th line down, 4th one along, just under *sobs* my eek real name(!) - So (for some of you) worth voting just to find that out I reckon wink

Thank you muchly in advance of your good deed.

Oh and to those that have already voted, youre the most wonderful people on the planet. But then you already knew that I think hug ubblove hug

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete Topic

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:Thanks smile

Delete

Seb

Seb

Penguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew

Total posts: 642
Posted:The man who painted the badger is called Robert Duckworth!
Voted for you Cantus, and indeed your picture looked to deseve it. smile

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

Delete

moi_berry
BRONZE Member since Dec 2005

Total posts: 6
Posted:Consider it done, hope you win as it is a good entry.
All the best a fello struggling artist. wavehello

knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom, mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:this closes on sunday smile

Delete

TastesLikePurple
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

TastesLikePurple

addict

Total posts: 498
Posted:Last minute voting! Bush baby 1st choice! wink 2nd choice was the mountains by Hayden cause it reminded me of Harrison Stickle, may have even been Harrison Stickle, it's not a large mountain but it is unique smile but anyway i have to add that i genuinely thought your pic was the best, really i'm not just saying it to be nice smile it deserves to win and i wasn't too late to vote! yes! Good Luck!!!!!! hug

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:Thanks Honey hug2 hug

Delete

burningham