Page:
CJ_ChucklesBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
ubbloco
I’ve just become a member of home-of-poi and just fancied a chat with sum Fellow Nunchuckers I started practising Nunchucks around about year 11. This year will be my fourth year. I enjoy using fire Nunchucks a lot lol that’s always fun & I love WIRE WOOL!

Is there any one that can do double fire Nunchucks
cool

We must stop the destruction of the planet, We need trees, not fac-trees.Otherwise the creatures of this earth will take back what is rightfully theirs.

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
hello all i have a nunchuck trick for you lot smile hope you like it

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Riiiiiight. Took me long enough to learn those snEs's ( :P ) with a stick frown

Joe x

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
that was cool as hell dude!!! Makes me want to pick my chuks back up....haven't messed with them in a while...could actually use a new set......babble babble babble!!!!

Like I said...too cool!!!

Now what did I do with them?!?!
EDITED_BY: fyrespirit (1160877088)

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
[Old link] consider yourself warned...

Besides the ppl who are preparing the petiition for the german gov't are looking for all kinds of glow and fire nunchak videos.

If you have corresponding links, certainly I will forward them - happy about every PM or link you provide...
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1160987589)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
that's not right rob... I have no idea what I just saw. but I'm guessing that physics don't exactly apply to you.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

oO_Hell_Fire_Oonewbie
12 posts

Posted:
hm... scuse me if I appear out of topic or what, but... redface can anyone tell me the best way to learn nunchucks please ? biggrin

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
Hah, just watch the karate films. Poi and Nunchakus actually flow together quite nicely.

Theres no one better to learn from than a few videos on HoP or Bruce Lee.

Nunchaku's are very fun and helpful.

Fun because spinning is fun

Helpful just in case a ninja attacks you

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
oO_Hell_Fire_Oo - see post above from me with a video link in "That I thinks probably the best tut vid i've seen for anyone starting out. "

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i recomend haveing a look about https://freestylenunchaku.net/
theres lots of tutorals on there as well as videos best bet is to just watch loads and try and replicate some of the moves same as how you would learn poi

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
the best way to learn seems to me to be very painfully... that's how I did it at least. if anyone has a better way, let me know.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
The best way to learn is the painfull way thats the wonder of nunchucks there self teaching, if you get it wrong they will punish you and that way you learn faster biggrin

cj-chucklesBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
MY computer works ye!!(back in action)! i look VV stupid on that vid (lol). o well i was vv drunk. & now i have the scare to show 4 it.

Rob i love u !
we need to wrk on ur battle

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
lol yer we do man wondered where you've been to not managed to talk to you in ages what you been doing with your self

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
liquor + nunchucks = concussion

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
LOL very true but the more you do it the less it hurts thanks the wonders of Wolff's law and if your gona do it all, doing it when your drunk is more fun than when your sober biggrin
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1164993107)

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
be careful who you tell that to. cause next thing you know, a drunken newbies gonna pick up a pair of fire chucks and light them on fire and then, out of nowhere, he's got himself a flaming concussion. concussions are a little different when you're on fire. and by different I mean you're in biiiig trouble

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
I seem to be the only female here that swings chuks! shrug

Anyway...I have a set of chuks that have a 4 link chain and the sticks themselves are shorter than what the average seems to be...I keep trying to find another set the same length, since that's what I'm used to, but have had no luck. Anyone know of a good resource where I might find chuks of varying lengths? I really don't want to have to start all over with a longer set!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

cj-chucklesBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hey fyresprite,

i found that the best way to get nunchaku is make them yourself, it doesnt take long all you need is a bromhandle 2eye screws n sum chain,

This way you can messure the chain against the back of your hand!! smile

To finish them off cover them in electrical tape, to make them softer on ur hands

giftedweaselBRONZE Member
47 posts

Posted:
Mine are quite short - I bought them... can't remember where though. Ask Yoni - he ordered them...

GiftedWeasel

Page: